Sign in to follow this  

announcement date?

I initially thought they were going to announce the last week of 2014, during the holidays with a launch around the first race. When that didn't happen, I assumed a reveal around the time of the winter testing. Then I thought, the first race of the season (my initial launch date expectation!) was the right moment for the announcement. When are gently moving towards April and still nothing on this game. It seems that a lot sooner in the season will turn out to be a month or two max. Serious disappointment, I must admit, especially since we already know that there will be hybrid cars than can be, lets be honest finishes by now. And since they are working on the game ever since 2013 and didn't spent any time on 2014, this is in my opinion ridiculous!

Probably 2-3 months for release from when they announce, guess sometime around summer break... But I hope I'm wrong 

Been hanging around here for a week or so looking for some news and see a lot of people upset at the lack of information. I'm led to believe information would be released soon after F1 2014, with a release of F1 2015 at the START of the F1 season.

Now granted, the first race of the new season has come and gone and no news has been released but has anyone thought how long Codemasters consider the "start of the season" to be?

If we say every F1 season has a start, a middle and a end... and this season has 19 races then the "start" of the season could be the first 6 races of the year. This would take the release date anytime up to the 24th May. Now if we look at the release of GAS, correct me if I'm wrong but from announcement to launch was only a month? 

So as long as they announce something and release by 24th of May, they haven't lied to or miss informed us?

Just something to think about, I'll get my coat now :)

All we can be sure of is , it will release earlier than f1 2014, that's all the info been released, nothing was in blood about an actual date, until CM tells us something it's all just gossip 

I read from comments of the past , announcement to release is Around 2-3 months for CM, but that is not confirmed

All we can be sure of is , it will release earlier than f1 2014, that's all the info been released, nothing was in blood about an actual date, until CM tells us something it's all just gossip 

But who doesn't like a bit of gossip ;)

I don't recall them ever saying "near" the beginning of the season to be honest, just "nearer than usual".
yeah I don't remember them saying that either just earlier than before how much earlier to my knowledge they haven't actually said but I would think it would be harder to get it out much before the summer break anyway especially with the changes the company has gone through anyway.

All they said is 'next gen f1 will be released earlier in the year' that could be october 16th if you think about as it is earlier then 2014 so they arnt lying. But obviously it wont be that late im predicting august

Anything past June would be epic trolling. Especially if the game ships with the hybrid cars.

Sector4 said:
Anything past June would be epic trolling. Especially if the game ships with the hybrid cars.
Please explain what you mean by 'if the game ships with the hybrid cars'

Sector4 said:

In the leaked screenshots it was revealed that when the game will be released, it will have 2014 cars and 2014 cars with 2015 noses+liveries.

Sector4 said:
Sector4 said:

In the leaked screenshots it was revealed that when the game will be released, it will have 2014 cars and 2014 cars with 2015 noses+liveries.
Yes but 2014 cars are still hybrid cars.. They will have the 2015 liveries im sure 

Did it not say the game will release with 2014 cars , and get updated as the season goes along, if the game comes out middle to late season, why bother, because time we get updates the season will be over 

Did it not say the game will release with 2014 cars , and get updated as the season goes along, if the game comes out middle to late season, why bother, because time we get updates the season will be over 
They probably aren't saying any news because they are trying to get the liveries and cars to 2015 as we speak, because they saw everyone complaining about shipping the game with 2014 cars so they said oh crap we better not do that as the community dont like that, but hey why dont we all just wait until we get news before we start jumping to conclusions.

JasonWilko said                           they saw everyone complaining about shipping the game with 2014 cars so they said oh crap we better not do that as the community dont like that.
How much really do they listen to us community, any company.......

JasonWilko said                           they saw everyone complaining about shipping the game with 2014 cars so they said oh crap we better not do that as the community dont like that.
Project cars

They probably aren't saying any news because they are trying to get the liveries and cars to 2015 as we speak, because they saw everyone complaining about shipping the game with 2014 cars so they said oh crap we better not do that as the community dont like that, but hey why dont we all just wait until we get news before we start jumping to conclusions.
Your wrong, the game will be launching with 2 years of cars.

2014 Cars: Full 2014 cars with livery how it was in 2014.

2015 (Game Launch) Cars: 2014 Cars with 2015 livery & 2015 style noses (Will be updated to full 2015 cars later in season).

Above information is what we have been told and was shown in the leaked photos on 15th February 2015.

Project cars
Yep. And how many years late are they now because they're too busy trying to please everyone...?

Not sticking up for cm as I agree with most of whats been said about the release date or lack of info but Im trying to look at it from a different viewpoint (glass half full) If cm released a game in 3 months that has the 14/15 cars but only really the 14 cars I think most people would be up in arms about the cars performance to be exactly the same for the 2 seasons (remember not everyone looks at forums for game info to know about the updates) I get the fact that most of the core gameplay features will already be quite heavy into development but imo cm might have to start again (or do alot of tweeking) on the base 15 cars they may or may not build before the season as we saw at the first race they are 2 seconds a lap quicker than last year and pirelli have said lap records might even be broken this year :) I may be wrong as with most tracks being 90-100 sec a lap it might just be a case of giving 2% more performance on the cars. I get that we all want a F1 game that is released when the season is in its first half but Imo if all we have is the liverys then we aint playing the 2015 season anyway lol! Pcars has had so many delays and from what I see people are fine with it so dont really get the need for cm to rush a game out with the attitude of well we can patch it so its ok. Id prefer a F1 game we have all been waiting for on release day rather than the last 3 where upon release they had major flaws and made me rage that a game could be released with so many bugs year on year. Like I say I aint no cm fan but I love playing the F1 series so would just like a good quality finished game rather than what 2014 is.