Sign in to follow this  

announcement date?

@Hatta‌ have yous came up with an Announcement date yet? will there be any news this month at all?

We haven't finalised the announcement date yet, we're just not ready to announce right now (or this month).

When we nail everything down internally I shall let you know the announcement time frame - right now, we're just waiting on a few things. :) 

thanks for the reply @Hatta‌! hope it's not too long until we find out, looking forward to the game!

Some troubles in Codemasters land unfortunately: 
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-09-layoffs-hit-f1-and-dirt-developer-codemasters

Shame, but they've made some strange calls the past 2 years with F1, Dirt and Grid Autosport. Plus they are way too late with next-gen introduction. And the consumer market is relentless. 

I reckon CM are waiting for the 2015 car reveal, if so the 3d modelling of the cars must be in place before any news, I think.

That said, I hope they are far enough in the game development, so at least they can polish the game or narrow down any bugs meanwhile ;)

Could be pretty awesome to have any news about ingame features etc... eventhough the're wouldn't be any screens to show...

If F1 2015 is released it will be the last of the series from Codies.Sad to hear that staff have been laid off but to be honest thought Codies would have folded last year.
Huge decline since 2008 in the quality of CM games.Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and OF Red River and the final nail in the action shooter genre the disaster that was Bodycount cost jobs and studio closing a few years back.
Codemasters Racing has also failed to reignite CMs fortunes,with F1 Race Stars,Grid Autosport,Dirt Showdown and F1 2014 all flopping.
CM have been 6 to 7 years behind everyone else's tech with the shambolic ego engine.
Anyway back on topic can't see a release date until June maybe July this year

Some troubles in Codemasters land unfortunately: 
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-09-layoffs-hit-f1-and-dirt-developer-codemasters

Shame, but they've made some strange calls the past 2 years with F1, Dirt and Grid Autosport. Plus they are way too late with next-gen introduction. And the consumer market is relentless. 
According to that article the Birmingham Studio is unaffected. They are responsible for the F1 games.

It wouldn't be too surprising if they wait to announce it at the end of winter testing or in time for the opening race. Wouldn't expect anything before then. It's possible it's still too close to 2014's release to announce the new one.

Hatta said:
We haven't finalised the announcement date yet, we're just not ready to announce right now (or this month).

When we nail everything down internally I shall let you know the announcement time frame - right now, we're just waiting on a few things. :) 
And a patch for F12014 Hatta?, what? did ya say bad question?

in all honesty I can't see it coming out until June/July time as it gives them time to see the performance of the different cars.

Is there evidence that f1 2015 game will be released a lot earlier this year? F1 2014 was just released last year mid October. Are expectations realistic?

They never said it will be released "a lot earlier". They said "earlier". I'm pretty sure that changed with their new structure. I guess F1 2015 will be released in September.

They can't release it to late. As they said they are doing in season updates on performance and upgrades.

True but saying it and being able to deliver it are often 2 different things and there's a bit of a shake up underway at CM given it sounds like they're running into a bit of financial trouble. I know they've said the F1 project is safe it's likely there may well be a few problems and they may well have to rethink that strategy.

If I had to guess my gut says the mid summer break is the most likely time.

JoeLee said:
in all honesty I can't see it coming out until June/July time as it gives them time to see the performance of the different cars.
yeah right... it will take them 5 months to plug in some numeric performance values, smh.

In reality the true competitive order of the grid can be seen by the spanish gp. after that they can sit down and type in 'donwforce: 94/100, tyre wear: 67/100' for mercedes and repeat for the other teams. NOT a 5 month task.

I'm not saying it's the only reason, but IN MY OPINION I can't see it coming out until then. 

I wonder if it'll be F1 2015 base game for the first few races of the year, then DLC packs for the remaining race/s, so they can develop them as the year goes on?

Or at least DLC packs to bring up-to-date livery/driver changes etc throughout the season?

Or DLC classic cars?

I wonder if it'll be F1 2015 base game for the first few races of the year, then DLC packs for the remaining race/s, so they can develop them as the year goes on?

Or at least DLC packs to bring up-to-date livery/driver changes etc throughout the season?

Would be good but I doubt it'll happen. It will be a very similar if not the same game as the last 5, will come out mid summer at the earliest, and will have no dlc / updates other than patches after release.

The updates/patches will most likely just be for altering the performance of each team depending on the tracks. Whereas it's the same every track at the moment, the updates might enable that, as an example, Williams might be competitive in the first three races and the update might make it so the Williams performance drops for the next three etc.

These updates though and the fact they haven't announced it as "F1 2015" still leads me to believe it's the 2014 season and they'll add the 2015 season as it goes on so the game would effectively have two different years. That or maybe they're trying a Career Challenge path seeing if they can use their previous licenses to do a game that runs from 2009-2015. Perhaps they're discussing with the big wigs to see if they're allowed to do that before announcing it as either a multi-season game or just 2015.

The updates/patches will most likely just be for altering the performance of each team depending on the tracks. Whereas it's the same every track at the moment, the updates might enable that, as an example, Williams might be competitive in the first three races and the update might make it so the Williams performance drops for the next three etc.

These updates though and the fact they haven't announced it as "F1 2015" still leads me to believe it's the 2014 season and they'll add the 2015 season as it goes on so the game would effectively have two different years. That or maybe they're trying a Career Challenge path seeing if they can use their previous licenses to do a game that runs from 2009-2015. Perhaps they're discussing with the big wigs to see if they're allowed to do that before announcing it as either a multi-season game or just 2015.
Would be nice but I doubt it will be.

I'm with Wynterdust. The press release last year stated that the game will be released "much" earlier in the year than the previous games. 2 months earlier doesn't seem to qualify as much, so I would assume they are planning to release it around the season start or somewhat later. 

And since Steve Hood always said that they need quite some time to get the cars representative in the game and the press release also spoke of adding content later on in the season via DLC, I would say they have content from 2014 and earlier in the game and then will add the 2015 cars into the game with the update.

I'm with Wynterdust. The press release last year stated that the game will be released "much" earlier in the year than the previous games. 2 months earlier doesn't seem to qualify as much, so I would assume they are planning to release it around the season start or somewhat later. 

And since Steve Hood always said that they need quite some time to get the cars representative in the game and the press release also spoke of adding content later on in the season via DLC, I would say they have content from 2014 and earlier in the game and then will add the 2015 cars into the game with the update.
I agree that it's a possibility I just don't think it's likely

Having 2014 cars seems unlikely due to F1 2014. It seems a bit pointless. Why would they do it apart from trying to please those who may have sold their 360/PS3 in anticipation of F1 2014 being on the new consoles?