Paid cars vs custom cars

This has been brought up a few times, but always brushed aside.
Most players here, on Facebook and on Reddit agree that paid cars are faster. There are comparison videos proving that. So instead of just saying "no, they are not", can the team investigate this?

There are some videos on how to achieve a fast lap in the current event for example. With the same parts used on my custom car, I can keep up within a second in the first two sectors, then I lose ~2.5 seconds in sector 3. Which is basically a long straight...
I experience the same in qualifying duels. I only lose if I make a mistake or get matched up against a paid car, usually a Mercedes.

Chris, can you provide some data on how many players used paid cars in League 1 top 50 from the 3 events?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I had tried some official cars, the fastest is mercedes with fast accellaration and gear shift. The other official cars is same with custom cars

• Agree 1

I only have the mercedes, givese the feeling that its more oversteering losing the rear through some fast corners in china. With custom car I make the same corner without even brake

Posted (edited)

So, this question left unanswered again...

I decided to check this out myself, so I threw some money out on the window and bought the Mercedes yesterday afternoon.

If the custom car is the same as the Mercedes, after more than 2300 duels played, you'd think it's quite unlikely to do a new track record on the very first duel with it. And it'd be unbelievable to make 12 new track records within a few hours. Well, this is exactly what happened! And I didn't play qualifying duel on some tracks yet.

The car felt different right after the first braking zone. It has better brakes compared to the custom one. I still didn't adapt to it, I'm like "Frak, I braked too early!" all the time. It also accelerates better, this is what Stepen referred to, too. And like IIIDanteIII said, the biggest difference is that the Mercedes has huge oversteering, which allows you to take some corners without even tapping the brakes, what you would normally do with a custom car. This is also it's most vulnerable point, it's very easy to lose the rear end and spin, this is the only reason I lost some duels. I never had that behaviour with a custom car. Another thing I noticed is that the Mercedes doesn't get slowed down drastically if you leave the track, it's very similar like how AI cars behave when they do that.

My profile after I bought the Mercedes and at the end of the day:

profile_comparison.thumb.jpg.212d4f2a19c02c068d841308394a5225.jpg

35 duels played, only 3 duels lost, all due to losing the rear and spinning out.

Track records before and after the purchase:

time1.thumb.jpg.a5979d1ee077b8a47a5754faae49ecba.jpgtime2.thumb.jpg.3a660aab0dc0a85bdf9fc62ae4ce84b5.jpgtime3.thumb.jpg.3d9d49d9e52d46c1d6416f09dfdbdd73.jpgtime4.thumb.jpg.fac24931fe6515523c11ee9d3fa4f8b0.jpg

Huge time difference in some cases, not so big on others, but like I said I still have to adapt to the Mercedes.

What has to happen for the devs to say that they will at least look into this issue? The only thing you have to do is play one qualifying duel without assists with both cars to notice the difference.

After this gets fixed, I'd love to get a refund. I'd rather use a custom car. /s

Edited by Xoloth
spelling
  • Agree 1

After seeing the V5 release video, I guess this issue will resolve without the devs acknowledge and fix this bug.
All cars will have the same chassis for a while, paid cars will be liveries only. I hope the problem won't reappear when they introduce 2019 models.

Absolutely yes! There is a Huge difference in paid cars! I bought a Williams, and it is worst than custom car! It seems a rally car, it always on oversteer! And after that on the grass, losing time and duels  😞

Why codies consider williams(historical f1 team, top respect) worst than a unknown custom team ?

and why i paid for an undrivable car? Worst than the FREE car?

i hope that in update5 this will be fixed.

Imho  custom car should be the worst, every paid car should be better or equal 

I agree with Xoloth. I tried the same thing, bought the Merc and then did some races. I broke my own personal records in almost all qualifying duels and the car feels a lot different. The only disadvantage is it does tend to break out at the rear sometimes, and that has never happened to me with the standard (custom) car. Now I understand why I got beaten a lot more often in duels when my opponent drove in a merc.