No Keyboard/Mouse response at title screen

I purchased Dirt Rally yesterday. I was able to start it, with the usual issues that I've read about, no ffb (OSW Wheel), no VR, etc but once I setup the controls I was able to play a single stage. Now, every time I try to start up, it show the title screen, but I have no mouse cursor or keyboard response. It simply cycles between the demo movie and the title screen continuously. I cannot start anything. The keyboard and mouse both work fine, as I can press the windows key and get back to desktop with no problems.

I un-installed/re-installed it, same problem. Using the Steam version. 

Thoughts?

Posted (edited)

You can go into the Windows Device manager, View menu -> Show hidden devices and delete obsolete devices (ones with the icon greyed out) in the HID section without checking the 'uninstall device driver' checkbox. If it still doesn't work try unplugging all your unused USB devices from your PC, so you have only a keyboard and mouse connected and if it starts then you can reconnect your wheel and restart the game.

Also you can update your motherboard drivers if you have newer, which should include the USB drivers too.

Edited by Lollerke

I got it. The issue was not in windows, it was in the game itself, as my mouse and keyboard worked fine everywhere else. The fix was to delete the "inputs" folder in users/saved games, then let dirt recreate it. 

I ended up getting a refund anyway, no vr support? I can't imagine what they were thinking. It should say it in bold lettering on every purchase page. Once they get vr I'll revisit, as I did enjoy the game. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Moespeeds said:

I got it. The issue was not in windows, it was in the game itself, as my mouse and keyboard worked fine everywhere else. The fix was to delete the "inputs" folder in users/saved games, then let dirt recreate it. 

I ended up getting a refund anyway, no vr support? I can't imagine what they were thinking. It should say it in bold lettering on every purchase page. Once they get vr I'll revisit, as I did enjoy the game. 

Yes, VR support is coming in summer 🙂

"I ended up getting a refund anyway, no vr support? I can't imagine what they were thinking."

VR is still uncommon and a special thing to this day. I know nobody around me that uses VR, so it's not the most important thing.

Edited by Lollerke

Posted (edited)

These are all great and creative ideas guys. But unfortunately, none of them work for me. I am stuck at the start page like glue!! Below are my specs. I have been able to contact CM ONCE via email regarding my controller binding problem and they requested my DxDiag file which I sent them and my email must have sunk the entire UK islands. I no longer hear from them. Hope they are ok...But I could sure use some help. I'm not trying to run VR although my system can do it. I just want to be able to drive down the dam road.

------------------------------------------------------------

Model: CyberpowerPC: CPU: Liquid cooled Intel(R) i9-9900K @ 3.60 GHz; Motherboard: ASRock; Memory: 16 Gig DDR4 Potenzia high speed; Gold Signature 800w PS; OS: Win 10 Pro 64bit; Video: Nvidia GEFORCE RTX 2080Ti 11GB GDDR6; curved 27 in. Acer monitor at 144 hz; TrackIR 5.1; Disks: 2 SATA 1TB HD; 1 SATA 2 TB HD, 1 SSD EVO 850 500G; G27 with MOMO; Button box: DSD 32 button; Pedals: Fanatec v2.5; Buttkicker.

Edited by ValH

I'm having the same problem since I installed the latest update "I am stuck at the start page like glue"

Reinstalled the game...but no luck.

"The fix was to delete the "inputs" folder in users/saved games, then let dirt recreate it. "

Couldn't find this file above.

Any other suggestions?

On 5/19/2019 at 7:30 AM, bruiserbbq said:

I'm having the same problem since I installed the latest update "I am stuck at the start page like glue"

Reinstalled the game...but no luck.

"The fix was to delete the "inputs" folder in users/saved games, then let dirt recreate it. "

Couldn't find this file above.

Any other suggestions?

Have you verified your game data VIA steam?

"Have you verified your game data VIA steam?".....yes tried it a couple of times.....but same issue.

Cheers Mark

Issue persists with the latest 1.5 update. I wish I could play this game!