Sign in to follow this  

New wheel recommendation

Hi all,

PC gamer. Currently have an aging G920. Left paddle shifter is beginning to fail despite a few attempts to repair (out of warranty). Thinking a T300 RS is a good upgrade. Opinions? Don't want to spend any more than what T300 cost.

Thanks,

T300 is a decent wheel, pedals are average, but functionally not any worse than the G920.

You could get the TP3A pedals that i think come with the GT pack mentioned above, but as a PC gamer you might as well go for something off brand and better. 

My advise would be to get the base T300 and stock pedals, and then save for some decent pedals like Fanatec Clubsport or CSL Elite with load cell brake. 

Honestly though, having owned a G25, G27, T500RS, T300 and now a CSL Elite... if your budget has any flex I would spring for the Fanatec wheel and skip the T300 completely. 

For me it comes down to value for money and what you're going to use it for.

I got a good deal on a G29 recently which made it $250 (AUD) cheaper than a stock T300 that comes with the crappy pedals.  To go to something better than a T300 I was looking at another $300 on top of the $250 price gap between the G29 and T300.  That was a bit much for me to swallow so I just stumped up for the G29 and accepted the compromise.  I love it.  

In the meantime I'm saving for a Fanatec DD wheel base, but will only spring for one of them once the new gen consoles are announced and I know it will work natively with them.

t300 is good wheel ,but a litle sensitive ,you have to be carefull on the power you are using ,logitech is a last long wheel ,but not as good as t300 according to the feel of the feedback ,

t3pa is for **** ,logitechs pedals are far better ,especially if you place a brake mod,

for me dont go to direct since you are just a gamer and not a pro 

buy the tspc base with a wheel ,try your best with the sparco p310 wheel ,or the fanatec cheap one but not the stock plastic wheel is for **** to,and get the csl pedals with the load kit 

i had g27 ,i had t300 ,now i own a tspc ,with the sparco ,tspc is 3 clicks up the t300 witht the feedback of t500 ,

for me dont go direct ,you dont need it ,