Sign in to follow this  

Deliberate Ramming

Can anyone explain the enjoyment of ramming an opponent rather than trying to outdrive them? I kinda could maybe understand if your opponent is faster and you’d lose otherwise but it must be boring af to complete a race when you’ve rammed your opponent off in the first straight. 

Just happened to me on the grid. Opponent was P6 I was P7. I was watching the timer and saw as I went from .15 down to even, then to just nudging ahead when he rammed me. He stayed in 6th and I finished last. As of course you would when a race lasts only a little over 60 seconds at some tracks. So why don't we have 3 lap grid starts?? Give us a chance to catch these cheats in a fair race over a fair distance, because as it is your race is over if you're in last place over a single lap. And it would be nice if, should you win a grid start, to receive a bonus.... a rare part or something. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, GLD76 said:

Can anyone explain the enjoyment of ramming an opponent rather than trying to outdrive them? I kinda could maybe understand if your opponent is faster and you’d lose otherwise but it must be boring af to complete a race when you’ve rammed your opponent off in the first straight. 

yes actually. this is when ramming is enjoyable

1. when he rams you first

2. when he is using the ridiculous track lines

3. when you get glitched 2 sec back on a start and youre clearly much faster than him

basically when its karma situations

• Like 1

It's badly out of hand.  I debated buying the Ferrari livery but I'm not spending a dime on this title until something is done.  Codemasters, if I'm not mistaken, has built a game where progression MUST be done with multiplayer, which means that your fate is in the hands of the general public.  So, in the 2 days I've actually being playing this to advance I've seen:

1) At start of grid race, opponent human slews car across my nose 90 degrees, causing me to crash into him.  He turns and takes off into the lead while I'm handicapped by engine damage.

2) Opponent who was .7 seconds ahead, deciding to just straightline the final chicane at Spa with no penalties.  Immediately leapt up to 2 second lead and finished that way.

3) Car cuts me off and then slams on the brakes, causing a collision.  He zooms off and I'm dealing with the dreaded engine light-up.

4) I go to pass a slower human opponent,  He does the cop-car move of hitting the rear of the car in front of both of us, turning it sideways directly in front of it so I plow right into it while he sails off into the distance.

Is Codemasters SERIOUS about this?  Because I seriously won't take too much more of this before I just uninstall and walk away.  Either make a single-player progression or do something about this nonsense.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Two shamefull rammers for the wall of shame:

Tronix went off track at turn one at Barcelona, and I was catching him through turn three. So he just shunted into me and put us both in the wall. Patethic! For some reason the game gave him the win. This game obviosly still awards bad racing.

Lleshi was behind me down the last straight at Montreal. I was expecting to be rammed in the last chicane, and rightly so, he slammed me into the wall of champions. I was awarded the win, but for some reason didn´t get any r&d box or cup points.

6DB6BB3A-3107-4BBC-90E2-379466A3790B.png

666D0B66-95A1-4CB2-A61E-EA92AE4F3827.png

Edited by MortenH

You probably know 22 are often bots?  They are really bad about torpedoing since the update in grid starts

No way could I go off track and have enough control to intentionally hit someone. But Bots seem to be able to do so consistently... And they don't slow down when going off...

I've also seen a lot of bots with a 0 PI in their spider graph since the update.

Other updates have started with similar (worse) issues, I suspect things will get better next week as they rebalance the game.

• Agree 1

You asume they are bots. I can´t see that you have any evidence for that claim though.

• Sad 1