DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ianism said:

I got one which I've been noticing since launch. happens only when it's wet, and is much more noticeable when it's not raining (and not night). it's especially noticeable in Spain because the tarmac makes it obvious, but I've seen it in Australia, NZ, and Argentina. I have noticed this on every graphical setting I've chosen to get the game running smoothly and also looking good. I haven't tested extensively to see, however, because I would rather play to be honest.

objects on the side of the road mess with the graphics of what is behind them. they can be anything - signs, bushes, trees or even spectators with selfie sticks (yeah, seriously).

20190420234510_1.jpg.54b7950ab8e23181538ec6460ed74717.jpg 20190420234613_1.jpg.ea21afdbf46026b00a71bad0a93859c8.jpg

now you see why I picked the Evo VI. it happens with the antenna too, when it's feeling wavy. plus there's a nice tree one as a bonus

20190421000541_1.jpg.a48c860203d6bb3afe7a718017321586.jpg

I've posted about this in bug threads on the steam discussions, specifically this visual glitch only occurs when Screen Space Reflections are enabled, so it's something inherent to that specific graphical option.

Here are the shots I took showing it in action:

QKkFyBm.png2tCEV6e.jpg

Edited by pyide
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I hope you fix this graphic, On xbox one and Ps4 standard it is really unplayable, graphics all blurry, the car model blurred and you can barely see where you go, They should have looked at the graphics of each console before the game came out, I hope  you can solve as soon as possible because right now I do not play for this and I am tired of waiting and I will certainly not change the console, it does not exist, you have to solve !!! @ChristinaMc @jennyannem

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

I hope you fix this graphic, On xbox one and Ps4 standard it is really unplayable, graphics all blurry, the car model blurred and you can barely see where you go, They should have looked at the graphics of each console before the game came out, I hope  you can solve as soon as possible because right now I do not play for this and I am tired of waiting and I will certainly not change the console, it does not exist, you have to solve !!! @ChristinaMc @jennyannem

The issue there is the TAA blur (Temporal Anti-Aliasing), and what you need is either an option to disable TAA like you can on PC or a post-process sharpening filter to reduce the blur.
I doubt either will happen, but for now you might have some success increasing your display's sharpness setting when playing from default to like 70-80. It won't look as good as if the game had it's own post-process sharpening method with adjustable slider or even an injected filter like Reshade Lumasharpen on PC, but it should help a bit. Try it out. I know I cannot play on PC without lumasharpen. Even a little but goes a long way. Compare RE7's default TAA and with post-sharpening to see the effect it can have on clarity and blur reduction.

More and more games using TAA include their own sharpening to counter the blur, either forced on or an option for it, but many like this one still don't. And sine others don't give you enough control over the amount and can appear over-sharpened and ugly. Codemasters could easily add their own adjustable sharpening option to help console players here. I would appreciate it on PC, too. Reshade does the job but it'd be nice to not need that external solution.

why the classifications against the clock are not the same as in the championship yet with the same meteorological conditions?

11 hours ago, pyide said:

The issue there is the TAA blur (Temporal Anti-Aliasing), and what you need is either an option to disable TAA like you can on PC or a post-process sharpening filter to reduce the blur.
I doubt either will happen, but for now you might have some success increasing your display's sharpness setting when playing from default to like 70-80. It won't look as good as if the game had it's own post-process sharpening method with adjustable slider or even an injected filter like Reshade Lumasharpen on PC, but it should help a bit. Try it out. I know I cannot play on PC without lumasharpen. Even a little but goes a long way. Compare RE7's default TAA and with post-sharpening to see the effect it can have on clarity and blur reduction.

More and more games using TAA include their own sharpening to counter the blur, either forced on or an option for it, but many like this one still don't. And sine others don't give you enough control over the amount and can appear over-sharpened and ugly. Codemasters could easily add their own adjustable sharpening option to help console players here. I would appreciate it on PC, too. Reshade does the job but it'd be nice to not need that external solution.

Why on earth did you realise this game knowing the graphics were terrible on console and knowing theres a big percentage of players whom use a wheel and theres no ffb no fov options..  it just proves codemasters never tested this game.they don't care.

So, the sound cut out for me again. Mid-way through the long Australian stage. Xbox One X. Career mode.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

So, the sound cut out for me again. Mid-way through the long Australian stage. Xbox One X. Career mode.

Same here, also while driving the long Australian stage, almost till I reached the finish... (Xbox One X - Career mode).

Sorry Codies; can't do a decent race like that; The game should not have been released in this state...

Just wanna take a moment to give a shout out to @Riggs, it's honestly very impressive the lengths you're going to to collect data about the ongoing bugs, shows how much you care about the game, Codemasters and this community. 

Hopefully your efforts will make the game better for all of us 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

Just wanna take a moment to give a shout out to @Riggs, it's honestly very impressive the lengths you're going to to collect data about the ongoing bugs, shows how much you care about the game, Codemasters and this community. 

Hopefully your efforts will make the game better for all of us 🙂 

ahah thanks 😄  Well main objective job-wise is to be able to join a game studio and work on it, let it be in the games designer department, or 3D. I want to make games and I've always had a special caring towards rally games, more particularly the Colin McRae Rally franchise and now the DiRT Rally iterations. So whenever I can help, I do it and I know how hard sometimes bug collades can get. It helps people to keep track of what's going on and hopefully CM as well.

Whatever works for this game's sake.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rob55 said:

Same here, also while driving the long Australian stage, almost till I reached the finish... (Xbox One X - Career mode).

Sorry Codies; can't do a decent race like that; The game should not have been released in this state...

Audio cut outfor me today, daily ai challenge about 2 markers from finish. Xb1

• Agree 1

sweden audio clipping on 2nd sector marker and on stage with phils voice. Algsjon sprint. happens exact same spot every time.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Tried to do some racing this afternoon and run into the so called audio cut again! - NW Zealand - long stage. (Xbox One X - Career mode).

I'm sorry to say that I had to stop playing DR2.0 (mostly out of frustration ) a while back caused of this problem and the lack of real FFB on my wheel (Fanatec CSW 2.5).

When v1.3 released, I tried the game again (with high hopes) to find out I better stop playing - again - and wait for the next patch to arrive...

They must get it right sometime (I guess/hope). For now I return to Dirt Rally 1.0 that, besides the lower quality graphics, has got better FFB and still is a very good rally sim.

I truly like DR2.0, but to be able to really enjoy the game, a lot of problem(s) need to be solved.

To be clear: I really DON"T think the people who actually created this game are to blame for the errors in the game. I guess the 'money-grabbing-people' behind this game-title are; not giving the 'creators' enough time to test the game thoroughly on all platforms before releasing it. 

Edited by rob55
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guys sometimes when i leave the service/box ,pause,restart the game or a new game, the Cockpit view( i have set so precise) Reset for no reason...this is very annoing...anyone else have experienced this bug?

Edit: apparently not everytime...idk

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Guys sometimes when i leave the service/box ,pause,restart the game or a new game, the Cockpit view( i have set so precise) Reset for no reason...this is very annoing...anyone else have experienced this bug?

Edit: apparently not everytime...idk

I forgot to add that one to the list. It happened in our LAN Party event as well. Now it's there on the list 🙂

• Thanks 2

another thing that I hope is that in the next update we will be able to have a decent engine sound for the McRae Skoda Fabia ... maybe not perfect but that is at least remotely alike. I was so excited for this awesome wrc, but in the end I just heard the sound of the Focus rs '07 I was just disappointed ... immersion ruined 😑

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Evening Codies

I not one to normally post on fourms but this game has made me. it calls me every day and every day i end up shouting at it..

Im a true fan boy on the dirt series and have all of them.. i know you're working on the ffb "issues" but i wanted to give my feedback (i know).

i been thinking it was due to the G29 and this road surface feeling/issue.  so today i wanted to try it on controller (surely the testers played it on them)

i think you got 2 problems which are causing the feedback issue to be worse then it should..  you advertised the game on the way each surface depending on start time etc will be different..  yet we cant feel anything until its too late ( rwd cars are even worst btw) and you have the new tyre model wear at the same time.

take a car out , either on controller or wheel... (both no road feeling)  half way on the first stage  , the tyres all of a sudden kick in, and you start to feel a bit more then before.. rumbles for once..  but its like you started with slick tyres from F1 game with NO grip.... but for rally (because you dont have the G;s of downforce like an F1 car) .  you dont get the right info from the tyre.......    are you copying code from f1 and forgetting this factor of downforce?  and is the road surface changes hinding the result of the tryes.

doing 4 stages on the same set gets slowly better..  but if your doing one stage for the dailys.. then its the same..   again both controller or wheel. poor 

the tyres should have Super grip being fresh , then get even better grip when warmed in,, then start to lose it if not swaped for a new set.

adding with the surface change per race which , lets be frank, you cant tell due to the tyres not telling us.

if the tester only played with strong direct drive wheels , then the wheel hardware is working better on reading the info.. plus they might like a soft feedback setting..

the road surface feel is in ALL your other dirt games... ??  (how much testing on different wheels really took place)

take your daily today in the snow for sweden with the RWD..  try and put your foot down and see if you stay on track and enjoy the ride...NO... - on Controller

im not trying to moan , and i really want to love and spent hours on this game .. i just cant..

i know you're working on it.. but i think all other bugs , tracks , cars, should be placed on hold until this is fixed.. 

Really hope the next update address this.. keep up the good work we know you can do !!

Gingerwiz

Edited by gingerwiz
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

This isn't specific to 1.3 but I've only really found a good example of it recently, so: I get weird striped shadow/texture effects in some places:

20190423135622_1.jpg

20190423135757_1.jpg

On PC, Windows 10, AMD RX 470, Intel i5 6500. Haven't been able to find a graphics setting that affects this specifcally, but also haven't tried all of them yet,

15 minutes ago, afahoy said:

This isn't specific to 1.3 but I've only really found a good example of it recently, so: I get weird striped shadow/texture effects in some places:

20190423135622_1.jpg

20190423135757_1.jpg

On PC, Windows 10, AMD RX 470, Intel i5 6500. Haven't been able to find a graphics setting that affects this specifcally, but also haven't tried all of them yet,

I experience the exact same thing. In my case not on PC, but on Xbox One X; Some kind of graphic 'grid'-like lines in the textures.

It's the first time i see little stones in the road. Maybe that's the track degradation effect taking place? I've always run on a clean road, might have to do with medium-low graphics settings, or simply track degradation taking some grip away.

today something strange happened:

daily AI from yesterday (with H3) was missing from rewards..............   no leaderboard and no money...........

@ChristinaMc  any hints?

26 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

today something strange happened:

daily AI from yesterday (with H3) was missing from rewards..............   no leaderboard and no money...........

@ChristinaMc  any hints?

in daily AI events the reward is at the moment, no at the nex day

the game continues to generate night and heavy precipitaiton, especially for the community events.

now in Sweden there is night and heavy snow for the current daily.

was this not supposed to be fixed in the last patch?

• Agree 1