DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

Just done the New England / Fulvia daily. Night and rain, didn't need the wipers on because the rain graphics are so bad. Shame.

• Agree 3

Has anyone else found that if you reduce the Replay Music is also reduces the Co-Driver voice too? So, if I have replay music set to 0 I cannot get any co-driver calls during my replays.

• Agree 2

He does it to me too, independently of the music volume.

The second cockpit camera view doesn't get saved between stages. Every time I am at the start line I have to push the button assigned to the Camera to switch to that camera.

• Agree 2

don't know if this one has been noted yet. it's not a bug, just a little mistake of mixed-up flags for driver/co-driver on the R2 208 livery 2

20190422103208_1.jpg

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Lollerke said:

The second cockpit camera view doesn't get saved between stages. Every time I am at the start line I have to push the button assigned to the Camera to switch to that camera.

Do you still encounter unexpected moments, such as wrecked cars or flying drones? Because I don't, and my cockpit camera also doesn't save. I'm trying to find out if there is a connection between the two bugs.

Posted (edited)

A followup to my earlier post about weird striped shadows on the road and objects. I've tried adjusting pretty much every likely graphics setting (including some in the Radeon app) but nothing seems to make a difference.

However, I did discover one thing: it only happens when using interior views. Here's cockpit cam:

shadow-bug-01.jpg.cf9c166f992b74991df8da2a8cc2eebf.jpg

And here's the same thing from bonnet cam:

shadow-bug-02.jpg.a013fc88139fa0048382371e3dbd3ff1.jpg

This was with shadows set to High. Set to Low it looks way worse:

shadow-bug-04.jpg.5edd1a3b5db6fd37faf9157e0942a8d8.jpg

But again, fine from bonnet cam:

shadow-bug-06.jpg.8da5aa927292f0c2cf6fed5613de9de4.jpg

And just so we're clear, this affects road surface too, not just buildings and stuff:

shadow-bug-07.jpg.4b50a295e5cd33e0f6ec23db92f4bb22.jpg

shadow-bug-08.jpg.1aaff9dc1ae7bb1cc16a6f71587b0df1.jpg

As before: Windows 10, AMD RX 470 4GB, Intel i5 6500, using a 75Hz FreeSync monitor (an no, turning FreeSync off makes no difference, nor does running in windowed mode or at 60Hz).

Edited by afahoy
additional info
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The same artifacts :classic_sad: when switching views are seen on the Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti the latest drivers.

Edited by PetSild

5 hours ago, Lollerke said:

If you click Esc to go to the menu it also resets.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Do you still encounter unexpected moments, such as wrecked cars or flying drones? Because I don't, and my cockpit camera also doesn't save. I'm trying to find out if there is a connection between the two bugs.

I haven't seen unexpected moments lately......yeah, its strange.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I've got this bug where my leaderboard time in time trial changes my personal best when i go from pit to the track in RX.

i used the ps4 and recorded it an uploaded it so you could see for yourself; 

this could also be my PB in offline mode since its not on the leaderboard, but then again why does it change when i select the leaderboard time???

i remember the times being weird at some point a couple of weeks ago where the times were all over the place when i was driving around Hell.

is it possible to remove the other time so i can use the time on the leaderboard since i have NEVER been close to a 33.064 if anything just remove all my times on Hell and i can just climb back up to where i was, since i'm pretty sure i can beat my leaderboard time with some practice. and with it currently being as it is, it says i'm about two seconds slower, and getting that each time knowing its a bugged time is really de-motivating.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

If you click Esc to go to the menu it also resets.

1 hour ago, Lollerke said:

I haven't seen unexpected moments lately......yeah, its strange.

Okay, so apparently the two bugs are connected, just like I thought. Riggs, could you make a note of this in your list?

23 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Okay, so apparently the two bugs are connected, just like I thought. Riggs, could you make a note of this in your list?

It's already on the list.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27-4-2019

sweden(not sure of the stage name)

special event/weekly challenge/4wd up tp 2000cc/ skoda

as i crossed the finish i slightly bumped the finish line flag and it shot me forward really fast, like i was accelerating extremely fast.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, danielofifi said:

I saw an unexpected moment (crash) just now 🙂

Edited by Lollerke

Posted (edited)

I just started the Pro level rally in My team mode and AI times are insane with R2 class. Before this I raced with a H2 RWD Opel Kadett and almost won every stage, having 5 first places and 1 second place in the championship, but now I am at the 22th place with no big mistakes. This was on a wet surface in Poland and on a short track where 70% of the time I just needed to flat out the throttle. That difficulty jump!! I think I need to be an eSport champion to be in the Top 10....

Edited by Lollerke

2 hours ago, Lollerke said:

I just started the Pro level rally in My team mode and AI times are insane with R2 class. Before this I raced with a H2 RWD Opel Kadett and almost won every stage, having 5 first places and 1 second place in the championship, but now I am at the 22th place with no big mistakes. This was on a wet surface in Poland and on a short track where 70% of the time I just needed to flat out the throttle. That difficulty jump!! I think I need to be an eSport champion to be in the Top 10....

It’s not a bug, go faster ! 

Only 2 months with this game and you will all win ? 

No big mistake ? No mistake is better

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this already, but the pre-stage notes are wrong for Norraskoga (Sweden). Ignore the poor video quality and me trying to drive one handed, but he says 6 right into 3 left tightens, which is not at all how the stage begins. Phil, whatchu been smokin’?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GregPit81 said:

It’s not a bug, go faster ! 

Only 2 months with this game and you will all win ? 

No big mistake ? No mistake is better

I don't want to win, but a 7 or 9th place would be a better difficulty gap. Going from winning every race to the bottom of the boards is a pretty big leap don't you think? It's like you had to go to the university from kindergarten right away 🙂 I'm sure it wouldn't be fun for anybody.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

I don't want to win, but a 7 or 9th place would be a better difficulty gap. Going from winning every race to the bottom of the boards is a pretty big leap don't you think? It's like you had to go to the university from kindergarten right away 🙂 I'm sure it wouldn't be fun for anybody.

I understand, but if it was easier, in 6 months, we will complain about winning all the time.
it's important to have a challenge to progress.
I am in master career, I won only 4 stages on 5 rallies, it's difficult, the competitors sometimes make mistakes, not always the same win and I'm still 1st in the championship, it's the rally, nothing is played to the end.
I find what Codemasters did rather well

20 hours ago, andmcq said:

Has anyone else found that if you reduce the Replay Music is also reduces the Co-Driver voice too? So, if I have replay music set to 0 I cannot get any co-driver calls during my replays.

Has no one else had this? Just had it again. Car felt like ****, looked down and no Speed/Gear OSD. Strange bug and very annoying,

Posted (edited)

I have been experiencing some weird graphical glitches on Spain and Sweden. They are dark shadowy objects that grow as they move from one side of the view to the other. At first I thought it was windshield debris. But then I noticed the objects resembled track objects like road side vehicles, start gates etc. warping from some other track location. One episode the graphics glitches so heavily it crashed the game completely. Will try and get some screen shots if it happens again. 

Brief system details: PC i5 2500k, RX580 GPU, win7.

Also leaderboards after a stage in career weekly/monthly events often display incompletey. When scrolling to top or selecting 'go to top' the leader board will ommit an inordinate number of rows, with the leaderboard starting from a position greater than 1.

Then one time after viewing the leaderboard following stage completion I viewed it again from the service area and my time entry had been duplicated registering as two sequential leaderboard positions. Then I couldn't continue the event due to an error in connecting to Racenet (even though I could revisit and scroll the leaderboard several times after?). 'Retry' connection failed and I had to exit to main menu with a warning progress wouldn't be saved. Fortunately the stage time registered and I was able to resume the event (current Group A monthly) as normal.

Edited by KoAStR
Leaderboard bug happens on completion of Daily event stage also. E.g. today's GrA Monaco stage leaderboard shown upon stage completion wouldn't display rows 1 through 68 before exiting to main menu and viewing leaderboard from there.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, GregPit81 said:

I understand, but if it was easier, in 6 months, we will complain about winning all the time.
I am in master career, I won only 4 stages on 5 rallies, it's difficult, the competitors sometimes make mistakes, not always the same win and I'm still 1st in the championship, it's the rally, nothing is played to the end.

Yeah, in Dirt Rally 1 I was winning on all difficulties, but here I think they went a little too far. In Poland where a lot of sections only consists of straights, I go with the car's max speed and still, the AI is faster than me on wet surface. Now, no matter how much I improve my skills, the car won't go faster than it is going now, so that's interesting in my opinion. My car's engine is not upgraded fully so maybe the AI runs with all upgrades, but requiring PERFECT driving on Pro difficulty seems way off to me.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, GregPit81 said:

It doesn't need to be easy, it just needs to not be next to impossible. AI are setting times faster than current world records. They should never be better than the best human player. This issue isn't even restricted to the highest difficulties. Go try H2 FWD against AI.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Lollerke said:

Yeah, in Dirt Rally 1 I was winning on all difficulties, but here I think they went a little too far. In Poland where a lot of sections only consists of straights, I go with the car's max speed and still, the AI is faster than me on wet surface. Now, no matter how much I improve my skills, the car won't go faster than it is going now, so that's interesting in my opinion. My car's engine is not upgraded fully so maybe the AI runs with all upgrades, but requiring PERFECT driving on Pro difficulty seems way off to me.

I won the Master Championship with the Polo R5, and I wanted to try a new championship master with the 208R2, so actually, it'll be very complicated ..... In New England, the best are 30s per stage more fast while I'm in the top 8 PS4 players ....
I understand your problem now

(translate Google) 

• Agree 1