Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, afahoy said:

Proper hardcore penalties would be several minutes, and involve spectators manhandling your car back on to the road 😆

Yeah, well that would be a bit too much although I wouldn't mind having such feature for whoever wants to use it. After all, it's pretty simple to implement it. About the spectators interactivity, I'd love to see more of spectators interaction rather than just standing (sometimes looking at the void, when the car should be all the attraction). I figure that nowadays spectators are so controlled that they can't be allowed in the stages, but it would be nice to have at least them turning their heads around as the car passes by, while cheering. Anyways, the crowd made a significant improve from DR1.

I would be happy enough to have the DR1 penalties back for use in custom games though.

Edited by Riggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riggs said:

Yeah, well that would be a bit too much although I wouldn't mind having such feature for whoever wants to use it. After all, it's pretty simple to implement it.

I would be happy enough to have the DR1 penalties back for use in custom games though.

Heh yeah I was mostly joking, although it would be cool if there were animations to show your car being put back on track or getting a tyre change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, afahoy said:

Heh yeah I was mostly joking, although it would be cool if there were animations to show your car being put back on track or getting a tyre change.

I was just editing my post to include some of those animations ahah. I understand it can be hard to add advanced spectator animations right now like in RBR, considering the servicing team is way smaller than the base team that worked in the game before release. It'd be nice to have the tyre change anim indeed, if not the spectators putting the car back to the road. I was also hoping for some more mechanics interaction while fixing the car in the service, like Colin McRae Rally 3 used to have and previous WRC games by Evolution, but they are just standing there with their butts turned 😄 

Anything related to animation is a long shot now, because it may not be so complicated but it takes a lot of time to properly do.

One of the things I wasn't and still am not expecting, but would love to see, was this type of content being added gradually throughout DLCs to complement the cars and tracks. Unfortunately I'm not specialized in animation (yet) 😄 the best I could do right now would be developing 3D props and game design (but this one's hard to get into and there's a lot of people out there looking for it a well 😄

I'm looking forward to my Masters later this year to learn some more advanced stuff.

Edited by Riggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steam:

1. Missing cattle grid sound effect on Te Awanga Sprint Forward stage, during gameplay and during replay:

hY4rNR6.png

2. Pace notes mistake #1 on Waimarama Sprint Reverse stage. Call out is "don't cut, two left" when it should be called as six and is called as such when the stage is run in reverse:

aEAXxmT.png

3. Pace notes mistake #2 on Waimarama Sprint Reverse stage. Call out is "slow four right" when it should be two or three:

gkeZuU9.png

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi again,

meaby it's only me, but in my opinion sound in Dirt rally 1 was way better. For me it's only important view cockpit,  dont care about other views.

example this annoying "turbo" sound, when im pressing throttle to max, i'm hearing only that supit sound like someone trying to drill my head using drilling machine. on my headphone set its so ultra annoying. I did try do something about that using sound equalizer, but without any luck.

easiest way just to change to view on the hood of the car, but arcade way of gaming are way behind me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AcidSTR said:

example this annoying "turbo" sound, when im pressing throttle to max, i'm hearing only that supit sound like someone trying to drill my head using drilling machine. on my headphone set its so ultra annoying. I did try do something about that using sound equalizer, but without any luck.

It's pretty close to what this car sounds like in reality, so you will either have to get used to it or drive other group A cars: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AcidSTR said:

hi again,

meaby it's only me, but in my opinion sound in Dirt rally 1 was way better. For me it's only important view cockpit,  dont care about other views.

example this annoying "turbo" sound, when im pressing throttle to max, i'm hearing only that supit sound like someone trying to drill my head using drilling machine. on my headphone set its so ultra annoying. I did try do something about that using sound equalizer, but without any luck.

easiest way just to change to view on the hood of the car, but arcade way of gaming are way behind me.

 

I agree with @Pistro. It's the transmission whine and it's real. GT Sport got hammered for the whine in the GT cars to the extreme that Polyphony ended up adding volume sliders for the tyranny whine. However, if you watch an onboard of the Nissan GTR in Blancpain and then run that Gr. 3 car in GTS it sounds very similar. It's just how those transmissions sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

according to the thread i created from something i found on the face ,no bugs on the game so why all of you people  crying !!

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pistro said:

It's pretty close to what this car sounds like in reality, so you will either have to get used to it or drive other group A cars: 

 

I wish they can get a Lancer Evo VI to record its real sound some time. It's so good. The one mixed in the game somewhat resembles the real sound but it isn't even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,when you race in WRX against the AI in Mettet the Audi's crash all the time in the corner number 5 (fast left/right after the second straight,and before last turn/joker) it's like the audi in this corners are ping pong balls XD... I'm the only have notice that? 

Ps. I'm playing on 100% difficulty

Ps.2. sorry again for my bad english...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pistro said:

2. Pace notes mistake #1 on Waimarama Sprint Reverse stage. Call out is "don't cut, two left" when it should be called as six and is called as such when the stage is run in reverse:

aEAXxmT.png

3. Pace notes mistake #2 on Waimarama Sprint Reverse stage. Call out is "slow four right" when it should be two or three:

gkeZuU9.png

I second the above, that last one was a really annoying thing to happen. Xbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Hi guys,when you race in WRX against the AI in Mettet the Audi's crash all the time in the corner number 5 (fast left/right after the second straight,and before last turn/joker) it's like the audi in this corners are ping pong balls XD... I'm the only have notice that? 

Ps. I'm playing on 100% difficulty

Ps.2. sorry again for my bad english...

also happens in Sweden, in the corner after the joker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ocean Beach R2 Daily. Audio cutout yet again. Ffs. 😠😠😠😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another related to wrx , on replay i chose the side-track-only camera and aniway the game use helicam and side-track.i hate that f...... Helicam.since dirt 4

Edit, you ever see a world rallycross event use helicam on race? No...me neither

Edited by AlexSpartan316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys from all over the team, Now I start with the assumption that I'm tired of being teased and you're not working on something that should be fundamental in the game or graphics, At the moment even after the last patch the game seems the same  , Graphics blurred on xbox one / s also tested with several Hdmi TVs and cables, the fact is that the game itself is not good, now because of this I am not free to play quietly in this game and many are there  bad for this, on the forum nobody answers this, so I ask you the courtesy to answer me and solve this problem as soon as possible instead of continuing in the dlc when the game still seems incomplete ... Thanks and let me know as soon as possible.:classic_angry:

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Content creators and bugfixing teams are different.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got two bugs yesterday and today! Yesterday, two online events for the R2 cars, I remember because I did one before work and one after. I only got credits for the one I did after work (NZ). I finished both and thought I did decently on both! Also, doing the daily stage with Group B 4WD in Sweden, no damage when I select my car, and then once the stage loads, I suddenly have bodywork damage?!? Come on! Granted this car’s repairs don’t cost me but I didn’t tune and shakedown before repairing so hopefully my car feels right. 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real Polo on winter tires:

maxresdefault.jpg

 

DiRT's Polo on winter tires:

tires.png

 

Is it just me or should those tires:

A- be tucked a little further in?

B- be narrowed a little?

Am I just seeing things?

  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two achievements are still still bugged:

The one to buy all Grp B and all Grp A cars.

Bought them all several times now. Stuck at 4/5 and 3/4 for both. Yes I rebought the Deluxe cars (which is stupid tbh anyway) but no luck.

From what I could keep track of, the ones that didn't pop progress were the MG Metro and the '95 Impreza.

Please fix, already wasted ca. 1 mil in buying and selling at losses trying to get those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think someone responsible for pace notes ought to look at all the stages again because there is at least one call per stage which is blatantly wrong. And I'm not talking about more trivial things like "cut" or "don't cut" but the corner angle itself which, above all, has to be constistent, regardless of your speed, conditions or direction, and currently, in many cases, it isn't. Just in a single stage, called Józefin, there are three pace notes mistakes which will result in an off road excursion if driven near the limit or in bad visibility conditions:

1. This "six left, extra long" is even called as four when the stage is run in reverse:

hTmvNBS.png

2. This one is called as "five left over bump" when in fact it's more like a three:

DQuch4P.png

3. This "five right" is more like four in reality:

VnALCrx.png

 

You get the idea. I'm not going to post anymore of those as it would become a massive spam. As I said before, someone has to take another look at the stages and correct those methodically. Also, I am aware that it's very hard, if not impossible, to make a fair judgement just from these pictures themselves, so you will have to trust me as someone who has driven these stages at the absolute limit and knows them in and out by now.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention some lefts that should be right and vice versa

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree...that left 3 called 5 it's a sure crash or off road trip.you have constant fear of overspeed all the corners and in the end you can't go flat out because of that.it's really a big big problem in a rally based game,The pacenotes should be accurate in the first place.

I have notice that too,all the stages have this bad pacenotes issues.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes couldn't agree more about the inconsistency of pace notes, and also the lack of additional notes like "don't cut" or "keep out/in, rocks/wall in/outside" even compared to DR1.

Always have to drive super conservative unless you can see the corner matches the call before you commit.

Another small bug. Community event location thumbnails often get mismatched when collecting rewards.

Still really enjoying the game though. Haven't played DR1 since I got it except to baseline FFB settings 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×