DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I agree...that left 3 called 5 it's a sure crash or off road trip.you have constant fear of overspeed all the corners and in the end you can't go flat out because of that.it's really a big big problem in a rally based game,The pacenotes should be accurate in the first place.

I have notice that too,all the stages have this bad pacenotes issues.

Pacenotes on many places are wrong, too early or too late. In most cases too early. No matter how early or late I set up calls it just dosen't feel right. On some fast stages where turn goes after turn, sometimes there is no calls at all for some turns, feels scary going 180kmh. 😃

On Monte Carlo, driving with auto transmission, cars short shift around 4k rpm...
When will this game be finally polished out. 🙄

Edited by Wellwh0

15 minutes ago, Wellwh0 said:

On Monte Carlo, driving with auto transmission, cars short shift around 4k rpm...
When will this game be finally polished out. 🙄

I used auto transmission when I got the game and found the shifting problem when Monte came out. Switched to manual, got used to it and would't go back to auto. Love it. I enabled speedo in cockpit cam at first but don't need it now. Switch to manual it's better.

1 minute ago, cafe5150 said:

I used auto transmission when I got the game and found the shifting problem when Monte came out. Switched to manual, got used to it and would't go back to auto. Love it. I enabled speedo in cockpit cam at first but don't need it now. Switch to manual it's better.

Driving for a few days now with manual. It is better. But I think things like this shouldn't happen with AAA game...

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Wellwh0 said:

Driving for a few days now with manual. It is better. But I think things like this shouldn't happen with AAA game...

Yes agreed, the shifting problem doesn't occur on wet gravel which is nearly as slippy as ice so shouldn't happen. Also doesn't happen in Sweden either. It's only Monte Carlo where auto transmission is like this. Odd.

Edited by cafe5150

I do not know if it is a mistake, but you can not change the configuration of the car in the service intervals in the weekly or monthly events, why?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The audio dropouts seem to be worse than ever. I've had numerous dropouts in both Australia and Argentina. It's really taking the fun out of weekly and monthly events as on every one I've entered recently I've encountered this issue. It usually drops out mid stage and sometimes stays off for the whole of the following stage before dropping back in again.

The AI times are all over the place too. I did the weekly today and was more or less in the ballpark but on the monthly I was dropping around 30 seconds per stage, even on stages where it felt quick and I had a solid clean run.

Phil then always adds insult to injury by telling me it felt quick.

21 minutes ago, Tim451 said:

The audio dropouts seem to be worse than ever. I've had numerous dropouts in both Australia and Argentina. It's really taking the fun out of weekly and monthly events as on every one I've entered recently I've encountered this issue. It usually drops out mid stage and sometimes stays off for the whole of the following stage before dropping back in again.

The AI times are all over the place too. I did the weekly today and was more or less in the ballpark but on the monthly I was dropping around 30 seconds per stage, even on stages where it felt quick and I had a solid clean run.

Phil then always adds insult to injury by telling me it felt quick.

been happening here to, but none today. Could it be Racenet causing these audio dropouts?

Hi guys

Still have problems with the sound dropping out

Another issue I have noticed;

When rallying in careermode and you are at the servicepark: If you repair the car, then choose tire compound for the Next stages and then exit the game. When you then come back to the service menu you have to choose compound once more, but the first choice you did still counts. That means that you have to drive 4 stages with the same tires because you cant replace them because you used 2 changes, when only doing 1 tire change. 

Hope you understand What I mean :)

23 hours ago, Pistro said:

I think someone responsible for pace notes ought to look at all the stages again because there is at least one call per stage which is blatantly wrong. And I'm not talking about more trivial things like "cut" or "don't cut" but the corner angle itself which, above all, has to be constistent, regardless of your speed, conditions or direction, and currently, in many cases, it isn't. Just in a single stage, called Józefin, there are three pace notes mistakes which will result in an off road excursion if driven near the limit or in bad visibility conditions:

1. This "six left, extra long" is even called as four when the stage is run in reverse:

hTmvNBS.png

2. This one is called as "five left over bump" when in fact it's more like a three:

DQuch4P.png

3. This "five right" is more like four in reality:

VnALCrx.png

You get the idea. I'm not going to post anymore of those as it would become a massive spam. As I said before, someone has to take another look at the stages and correct those methodically. Also, I am aware that it's very hard, if not impossible, to make a fair judgement just from these pictures themselves, so you will have to trust me as someone who has driven these stages at the absolute limit and knows them in and out by now.

I feel fairly confident while driving in the game, and I trust Phil most of the time, but the pace notes definitely tend to be higher rated than I would say. I miss the old acute hairpins, hairpins, and open hairpin calls. There are sometimes that it’ll just be an open hairpin call from Phil, when in DR1, it probably would’ve been a hairpin. The big issue for me is Monte Carlo. I’m used to those being acute hairpins, and now some are listed as “2-right/left” etc. There’s also definitely some spots in Monte Carlo that were “don’t cuts” and now there’s nothing. I usually just assume with Phil’s calls that I need to be a gear lower than he says. I know each co-driver is different, but the calls do leave some to be desired. I enjoy DR2, but I definitely don’t love it like DR1. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
for the second time in a daily event in argentina group B Zero grip I give full throttle but the car drives a maximum speed of 10km / h
Edited by gleylancer571

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:15 PM, Opassac said:

23. Wipers remain automatic even after being disabled in the settings. Fixed in patch v1.3.

Unfortunately this is still not fixed. Despite CM saying it was being worked on for the patch, it did not appear as a fix in their notes or indeed in the released patch.

Constant random windscreen wipes still occur as frequently as ever. Irrespective of stage, irrespective of weather, irrespective of car you will still get them. Maybe it doesn't occur if you drive with alternate views but driving in cockpit view it is incredibly distracting and frustrating.

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)

Forgot to update that one. I also had a case during the lan party where the wipers just stopped working for like 2 sectors of the stage (they are in automatic mode), despite rain weather. Then they decided to work right before the flying finish.

By the way, I'm reporting this one as a bug: You shouldn't be able to start a stage in any gear above 2nd. The engine should die if you try to do so. Some people abuse this to get a faster start without wheelspin. I would even say restricting it to 1st gear.

There should be something done about over-reving when you decrease gears too fast, let's say from 6th to 2nd (example). If you're flatout at 6th gear and just switch to 2nd constantly over-reving either make the engine blow causing terminal damage or just make sure the engine gets well damaged for the service. This can also be abused to get faster braking.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

By the way, I'm reporting this one as a bug: You shouldn't be able to start a stage in any gear above 2nd. The engine should die if you try to do so. Some people abuse this to get a faster start without wheelspin. I would even say restricting it to 1st gear.

There should be something done about over-reving when you decrease gears too fast, let's say from 6th to 2nd (example). If you're flatout at 6th gear and just switch to 2nd constantly over-reving either make the engine blow causing terminal damage or just make sure the engine gets well damaged for the service. This can also be abused to get faster braking.

Hear hear,  maybe not strictly a bug but having an option to disable the clutch anti stall (basically auto clutch) that's currently in the game  would be an important step towards realism.

Over revving on downshifts is definitely IMHO a bug that it doesn't ever do any serious engine damage. (that I have noticed)

11 minutes ago, bn880 said:

Hear hear,  maybe not strictly a bug but having an option to disable the clutch anti stall (basically auto clutch) that's currently in the game  would be an important step towards realism.

As far as I know that's what Clutch Override does. I always leave it "ON" though, because my clutch pedal is a bit buggy. Many people don't have the clutch pedal so there would be no means for them to sim the clutch. It would be simplier to just let the engine die if you try starting in 3rd-6th gear. It doesn't have to be 100% simulated via the clutch.

So true. There is still a long way to go for Codies to achieve the level of realism like in Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2. At least is some aspects (mechanical damage, tarmac physics). I hope we're getting there... Maybe with Dirt Rally 3?

• Agree 1

give an option so the hud can be placed on the center or on other places to screen

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Riggs said:

As far as I know that's what Clutch Override does. I always leave it "ON" though, because my clutch pedal is a bit buggy. Many people don't have the clutch pedal so there would be no means for them to sim the clutch. It would be simplier to just let the engine die if you try starting in 3rd-6th gear. It doesn't have to be 100% simulated via the clutch.

Hi, no, clutch override allows you to use the clutch to take the car out of "drive" and raise the RPM's.  (clutch kick)  It won't allow your car to stall and launch normally.  It doesnt matter that many people do not have a clutch pedal, it matters that many do and it should be an option for realism.

Edited by bn880

Hey, ok I thought it did, thanks for checking it out 🙂

Wether that does or does not get implement, I'd still go for the car dying when trying to launch on high gears.

Posted (edited)

Well yes the engine should stall in certain conditions , that one included. 🙂  (but you know with proper clutch work and several attempts you can start in 3rd gear,  4th if you destroy the clutch) I believe it's not even super hard to implement or anything, just another UI option more less.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1

I don't think the lights are working at Mettet. 

Posted (edited)

After all this problems for us players and the people who supported / believed in this game,we deserve to receive something good and a decent patch ... the two cars of tomorrow must be in good standing, sound desing / model design / handling ... especially for the decision to have put them as dlc (it is from the first dirt that I m waiting for a decent subaru wrc).

Please Codies listen to our feedbacks.

Hope for a good patch tomorrow....

Show us some love 💙

Edited by AlexSpartan316

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

After all this problems for us players and the people who supported / believed in this game,we deserve to receive something good and a decent patch ... the two cars of tomorrow must be in good standing, sound desing / model design / handling ... especially for the decision to have put them as dlc (it is from the first dirt that I m waiting for a decent subaru wrc).

Please Codies listen to our feedbacks.

Hope for a good patch tomorrow....

Show us some love 💙

I believe the coming Subaru 2008 has the real sound, there have been reports of recent sound recording for that car. I'm not sure about the Focus 2007, but I think it has the real sound (or close to real) since DiRT Rally 1. In terms of handling and physics department I think we can always expect the best. 🙂 So these 2 cars are a complete package.

Edited by Riggs

I really hope @Riggs ... In dirt 1 the sound was nothing like the real one, in dirt4 the sound was ok but the car was a complete understeer machine ( with max soft/front -max hard/rear max camber front , diff completely open rear the car still understeer LOL,undrivable...)

The Focus tho always one of the best since the first dirt,even in dirt 4 was one of the few i have enjoy,hope for the characteristic turbo-sound in release be more present over the engine this time (if u know what i mean 😉 )

That sound it's music for my ears in real rallyes...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The problem with DiRT Rally 1 Subaru and the DiRT 4 is that it was an NR4 car, which is like stock with a rally suspension and tyres. It's heavier and doesn't handle as good as a WRC. Not to mention DiRT4 physics were an understeer bogus.

However, the one coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 is a WRC-spec, so it's faster and handles a lot better (it should).

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

Is there any update on the unexpected events no longer occurring? Is it still one of the things that hasn’t been mentioned by Christina?

I’m on ps4 and heavily play the career and haven’t experienced a drone or retired car for about 2 months i’d say now. Not life or death but it’s a cool feature that adds to the immersion and i want it back.