DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

I don't know how it's going in Career, but they are working in Freeplay custom races.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I don't know how it's going in Career, but they are working in Freeplay custom races.

Ah okay thanks, i have had them switched on in career since launch and they stopped occurring  about 2 weeks in. 

I’m not going to hold my breath on this one then.

Edited by Pieman99

35 minutes ago, Riggs said:

The problem with DiRT Rally 1 Subaru and the DiRT 4 is that it was an NR4 car, which is like stock with a rally suspension and tyres. It's heavier and doesn't handle as good as a WRC. Not to mention DiRT4 physics were an understeer bogus.

However, the one coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 is a WRC-spec, so it's faster and handles a lot better (it should).

Mmm... no @Riggs i'm pretty sure In dirt and dirt4 the car was the 2001 wrc denominated Impreza wrc 44s / or s7 from prodrive. It was the direct evo of the awesome p2000.

The 44s was a proper wrc car , with all the tecnology of that era.

There was a nr4 / n version as well in the games,but im not talking about that...

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Mmm... no @Riggs i'm pretty sure In dirt and dirt4 the car was the 2001 wrc denominated Impreza wrc 44s / or s7 from prodrive. It was the direct evo of the awesome p2000.

The 44s was a proper wrc car , with all the tecnology of that era.

There was a nr4 / n version as well in the games,but im not talking about that...

Which Subaru are you talking about?

This is the one I'm talking about and the WRC version is coming tomorrow to DR2.

The 2001 Impreza handled great in DiRT Rally 1, but didn't have the real sound. It did handle like **** in DiRT4, with massive snap oversteer and understeer but had the real sound. So whenever the 2001 comes, we'll get the best of both worlds 🙂

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Oh that one. That one is rumoured to come in Season 2. BUt like i said above, they have the real sound recorded in D4 already, and the handling should be great in DR2 😉 Can't wait for that car to come.

Check it out at 1:36

Compare the sound of the video you linked with this one:

Edited by Riggs
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Oh that one. That one is rumoured to come in Season 2. BUt like i said above, they have the real sound recorded in D4 already, and the handling should be great in DR2 😉 Can't wait for that car to come.

Check it out at 1:36

I do love a good sneak peek at that Subaru in the video, but they also showed mostly day stages and life-like rain effects, so I wouldn’t hold my breath too long for that car to make its appearance. (Sorry, Codemasters, I couldn’t resist). I do enjoy DR2, but there’s definitely been some 1 step forward, 2 steps back in this game. 

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

Is there any update on the unexpected events no longer occurring? Is it still one of the things that hasn’t been mentioned by Christina?

I’m on ps4 and heavily play the career and haven’t experienced a drone or retired car for about 2 months i’d say now. Not life or death but it’s a cool feature that adds to the immersion and i want it back. 

I'm on PC and the unexpected events have also stopped for me a few weeks ago.  A little sad for immersion but I do have to say for me it's not a very critical thing compared to the others.

• Agree 1

I also liked the impreza wrc 01, but thanks to dirt1 and dirt4 now I hate it XD ... when I saw that on dirt2.0 they would have put the 2008 in, I was really happy ... I hope for a car that is well done this time 😕

12 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I also liked the impreza wrc 01, but thanks to dirt1 and dirt4 now I hate it XD ... when I saw that on dirt2.0 they would have put the 2008 in, I was really happy ... I hope for a car that is well done this time 😕

In DiRT Rally 1 it's one of the most satisfying cars to drive. The only weaks points there is the lack of the real sound, although the placeholder isn't bad, and the moon physics that affect all cars in that game. Apart from that, it's a jewel. I hated it in D4, but then again I guess everyone did 😄 can't wait to try it out on DR2.

I posted here earlier about that gearbox issue i'm having. For some reason after last patch or after I downloaded Sweden(?) my game have had issues to keep or to get the car in 5th gear. Yesterday it did it on every stage I drove and it's quite infuriating.

Here you can see what I mean. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

Is there any update on the unexpected events no longer occurring? Is it still one of the things that hasn’t been mentioned by Christina?

I’m on ps4 and heavily play the career and haven’t experienced a drone or retired car for about 2 months i’d say now. Not life or death but it’s a cool feature that adds to the immersion and i want it back.  

Yeah me too. Unfortunately I didn't see it being mentioned anywhere by the developers. Don't even know if they are aware of it.

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

In my case they don't work anywhere, neither in career nor in freeplay.

😞

Edited by danielofifi
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

lately I've been running more online, and I've noticed 2 important errors, the first is that you can not configure the vehicle in the service intervals(in a my team mode, not online), and the second is that if 5 humans enter the room and the remaining 15 are AIdrivers, and one of the humans leaves the room after the first stage (or second or third ...) is automatically replaced for the next stage by an AIdriver, but this AIdriver completes the rest of the stages and ends up winning the rally because it is computed a time of "0" in the stages that he did not run, please fix that!

Edited by elrojodp8

The new Impreza wrc '08 it's....it's .. awesome! The model,the brutal low/high rev sound and turbo,the handling...now i'm happy....

The focus...idk...good job but nothing new.in terms of sound they only add a turbo release sound on gear change and now the changes are faster (thank god) I am disappointed with the liveries of this car tho ... really bad. playing on console I am also forced to use them.

• Agree 1

The new Impreza 08 doesn't appear on "my garage" mode and can't be selectable on the Community event, on "personalized" mode it is ok the car is here and playable on "up to 2000cm" categorie. For the Ford Focus all is ok. Xbox One X, De Luxe version.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Didd31 said:

The new Impreza 08 doesn't appear on "my garage" mode and can't be selectable on the Community event, on "personalized" mode it is ok the car is here and playable on "up to 2000cm" categorie. For the Ford Focus all is ok. Xbox One X, De Luxe version.  

Same here, also xbox x deluxe edition game too.

18 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Same here, also xbox x deluxe edition game too.

I third this complaint! I can find the car in time trial, but if I go to My Team or even try to purchase the car in my career, it doesn’t show up. 🙄🙄

Posted (edited)

I Don't complain , i just report a malfunction to help to solve it 😉

Edited by Didd31

8 minutes ago, tharding67 said:

I third this complaint! I can find the car in time trial, but if I go to My Team or even try to purchase the car in my career, it doesn’t show up. 🙄🙄

Hi Matthew (Producer on DiRT Rally 2.0) at Codemasters here, we are looking into the issue. Thanks Matthew

6 minutes ago, mhorsmanuk said:

Hi Matthew (Producer on DiRT Rally 2.0) at Codemasters here, we are looking into the issue. Thanks Matthew

hey producer how about an option to place the hud rear the center of the screen to ?

13 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

lately I've been running more online, and I've noticed 2 important errors, the first is that you can not configure the vehicle in the service intervals(in a my team mode, not online), and the second is that if 5 humans enter the room and the remaining 15 are AIdrivers, and one of the humans leaves the room after the first stage (or second or third ...) is automatically replaced for the next stage by an AIdriver, but this AIdriver completes the rest of the stages and ends up winning the rally because it is computed a time of "0" in the stages that he did not run, please fix that!

Hi thanks for the issues you have raised, in regards to the first one did you buy the upgrade for the car to allow for tuning in My Team mode? In this mode you own the cars thus have to upgrade them over time unlike freeplay modes.

14 minutes ago, mhorsmanuk said:

Thanks Matthew...finally some response...

How about the other issues mentioned in this tread?you are going to analize those? ( If u can share)

Thanks for your work and response. 😊

7 minutes ago, mhorsmanuk said:

Hi thanks for the issues you have raised, in regards to the first one did you buy the upgrade for the car to allow for tuning in My Team mode? In this mode you own the cars thus have to upgrade them over time unlike freeplay modes.

yes, I have all the cars with all the improvements, I noticed that if when you get to the service area (the option to configure car does not appear), if you go to the main menu and out the game, when you return, yes it appears! clearly there is an error there, please fix it!

• Agree 1

Those of you without the Subaru (playing on Xbox One) - we're investigating this now!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Those of you without the Subaru (playing on Xbox One) - we're investigating this now!

Thank Christina, 😉👍

• Agree 1