DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

And you're sure your settings haven't changed to manual and you're just bouncing off the red line in 1st?

Posted (edited)
yes I am 10000% sure that I have changed nothing in the game!

And I'm not the only one with this problem this bug another user has also posted him  in this thread
Edited by gleylancer571

I bought dirt rally and dirt rally 2.0 both at the same time as relase this was a mistake that will not happen again my trust in codemasters is gone
I'll wait for the next Dirt game first what other users write and if the problems are so serious again it does not buy first

ncidentally, in the reverse gear the car drives 64 km / h if I want to drive forward only 10 km / h

I play on the P4 how can I upload repetitions there? I do not know how to do it

Press the share button and save clip.

Then go to : capture gallery on your ps4 main screen. Then select video and upload to share factory. From there you can edit the clip and export to your own YouTube channel. It's very easy once you know how.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

okay thanks

You're welcome. Note that when you save video clip, it will save the 15 minutes of footage prior to the saving of the video. So you will need to trim it down in share factory.

So the new DLC came out, I was really excited to get my favorite car from DR1 back, the 2007 Impreza.....

Downloaded, available in freeplay, but NOT in my garage like every other DLC car. Also unavailable for purchase due to the RIDICULOUS limited inventory. Should I log back in tomorrow and try to buy it with in game money after I spent real money on it?

Seriously, this game has so many nice improvements, but then we can't just buy the cars we want on any given day? Who decided that's a good idea?

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JaredCarstens said:

So the new DLC came out, I was really excited to get my favorite car from DR1 back, the 2007 Impreza.....

Downloaded, available in freeplay, but NOT in my garage like every other DLC car. Also unavailable for purchase due to the RIDICULOUS limited inventory. Should I log back in tomorrow and try to buy it with in game money after I spent real money on it?

Seriously, this game has so many nice improvements, but then we can't just buy the cars we want on any given day? Who decided that's a good idea?

You shouldn't have to buy it. It should be available already as long as you downloaded both cars.

3 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

No

I only drive with automatic

Use manual, it's the future.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Riggs said:

That Impreza has a higher exhaust sound pitch, it's correct. It has to do with the changes ProDrive made to the car.

The Fabia is a placeholder as they didn't manage to find an available car to record the sound yet. It's not easy to get these.

Well, last time I checked, there is an fully original, ex-works Fabia WRC lying around here in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands. If they want to record it...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I spent the whole evening today trying to work out the lightning issues in the game. The tv settings did not have much impact on visuals, but I've got some interesting findings based on in-game settings. This post is going to have some screenshots attached, for which I apologise, but I think it's an important issue. My platform: PS4 standard.
First of all, I think the way raindrops interact with headlights is a bug, check this out. Rain with headlights off is not great but driveable (screenshot 1).

478439532_DiRTRally2_0_20190508205113.thumb.jpg.615e6fe9173b6a32dbaabc694d087b2d.jpg

With headlights on, it's just a mess (screenshot 2).

1383501312_DiRTRally2_0_20190508205059.thumb.jpg.0a1afd3649f39d16877e9208c671836e.jpg

Now, when it comes to lighting issues, in order to see the shaded areas in New Zealand, Poland or Australia, I had to set brightness in the game options to 130 (screenshot 3).

1161206742_DiRTRally2_0_20190508212706.thumb.jpg.5eea0da5bc644acce9e325c225d45755.jpg

This, however, made many Sweden stages almost undriveable (screenshot 4).

159737865_DiRTRally2_0_20190508213703.thumb.jpg.8db2a974bbada0733f64a8a5def28980.jpg

Adjusting brightness to 0, which made the road in Sweden bearable (screenshot 5)

385911934_DiRTRally2_0_20190508213717.thumb.jpg.9b2759e24be2192d2d658b25d022099f.jpg

But this in turn made parts of the stage in New Zealand impossible (screenshot 6- this is daylight!).

1958858519_DiRTRally2_0_20190508212652.thumb.jpg.1c37c847fd1f714a534ae364ee78480c.jpg

So, generally speaking I think the overall brightness in Sweden should be lowered, while in other countries it should be increased. Now as it stands, I have to adjust the slider manually between stages to see the road. At least that's how things look on standard PS4, can't speak for other platforms.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Use manual, it's the future.

The problem is not the gear shift the problem is that you have no grip in argentina and sometimes the car does not go faster than 10 km / h
I'm not the only one who reported this problem

I know what you mean, sometimes like driving through treacle.

This problem with the lack of grip in argentina I had so far only with the group B Peugot 205 4 WD if other group B cars are affected I do not know because I drive mainly the Peugot
In other vehicle classes, I have not noticed this yet

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

At least that's how things look on standard PS4, can't speak for other platforms.

I don't know about Sweden, but on PC, in New Zealand, there is definetely something wrong with that forested area you took a screenshot off. It's brighter than PS4, but headlights don't seem to illuminate this part during daylight, even though it's definetely dark enough for them to be able to do that. In other words they work, but they don't have as big of an effect as they should. Similar thing happens in Australia, now that I think of it.

Fortunately, I had no problems with it on the PS4, the picture is black and the engine sound has never failed with me
Some bugs may be due to the setting (PC)

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

I play on Xbox One S @matthewhorsman The game is very blurry and I have said this several times but no one is listening to me, the graphics are the main thing you see in a rally game and the car model and the track are both blurred.

Can you post a screenshot to illustrate your issue please? For example the services at the start of a stage.

This is my standard 'older' Xbox One. Not blurry.

20190509_001551.jpg

Edited by cafe5150

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, danielofifi said:

I spent the whole evening today trying to work out the lightning issues in the game. The tv settings did not have much impact on visuals, but I've got some interesting findings based on in-game settings. This post is going to have some screenshots attached, for which I apologise, but I think it's an important issue. My platform: PS4 standard.
First of all, I think the way raindrops interact with headlights is a bug, check this out. Rain with headlights off is not great but driveable (screenshot 1).

I don't think headlight interacting with rain is 100% wrong, because the same applies to fog in real life too. You can see much better with the headlights off in heavy fog, but you can't do that legally, because other drivers on the road can't see you. If you drive in fog next time and have no other cars on a small road, try it, turn off the headlights for 5 seconds.

Edited by Lollerke

17 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

ncidentally, in the reverse gear the car drives 64 km / h if I want to drive forward only 10 km / h

I play on the P4 how can I upload repetitions there? I do not know how to do it

U use controller or steering wheel?

System: X-Box One S (with latest Firmware and Game update)

Car: Lancia Stratos (with any livery) in cockpit view.

Bug/Graphic issue:

The outside rear view mirror (left side obviously) is hanging in the air. Always. Without any damage on the car.

Looks really awful. A fix fix would be appreciated 🙂

6 hours ago, Lollerke said:

I don't think headlight interacting with rain is 100% wrong, because the same applies to fog in real life too. You can see much better with the headlights off in heavy fog, but you can't do that legally, because other drivers on the road can't see you. If you drive in fog next time and have no other cars on a small road, try it, turn off the headlights for 5 seconds.

thats why you have daylights,you know the first scale on lights.....