DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

14 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

Graphically it is better since I see this dirt blurred otherwise it would be the opposite @AlexSpartan316

exactly, precisely because that type of game gives priority to aspects such as aesthetics / graphics rather than realism / physics. I have nothing against that kind of games or those who play, but I don't think it makes much sense to compare wrc to dirt

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

exactly, precisely because that type of game gives priority to aspects such as aesthetics / graphics rather than realism / physics. I have nothing against that kind of games or those who play, but I don't think it makes much sense to compare wrc to dirt

The WRC-games were never known for their visual quality. WRC 7 did look better than its predecessor, but it´s in no way a visual powerhouse. At least on PC WRC 7 isn´t really a looker, and both Dirt Rally and DR 2.0 are visually more impressive than that game.

I think what grinds the gears of people is that DR 2.0 appears to look "worse" than its direct predecessors; or at least not on par with them.....maybe because of the lower resolution, and/or the suboptimal Anti Aliasing.

Edited by Civarello
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Personally i had no problem with Dirt graphics,looks really good.

I think it is a problem that depends on the platform / hardware people use

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Civarello said:

The WRC-games were never known for their visual quality. WRC 7 did look better than its predecessor, but it´s in no way a visual powerhouse. At least on PC WRC 7 isn´t really a looker, and both Dirt Rally and DR 2.0 are visually more impressive than that game.

I think what grinds the gears of people is that DR 2.0 appears to look "worse" than its direct predecessors; or at least not on par with them.....maybe because of the lower resolution, and/or the suboptimal Anti Aliasing. 

Thanks, I agree!
From physics, the other rally games are worse but only as an example Monte Carlo at Dirt you drive only along the mountain because I like Monte Carlo in WRC or Sebastian Loeb Rally much better I mean the track layout
Codemasters still has much to learn as far as the track layout

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Thanks, I agree!

From physics, the other rally games are worse but only as an example Monte Carlo at Dirt you drive only along the mountain because I like Monte Carlo in WRC or Sebastian Loeb Rally much better I mean the track layout
Codemasters still has much to learn as far as the track layout

I've been saying this for a while, since DR1. The addition of an extra unique stage to each rally would do wonders in that regard. For example, in Monte Carlo, if a stage near the base of the mountain would be added, like Sisteron, the rally would be so much better and would present a higher level of variety. This stage is similar to Route de Turini in part of it, but the at its start theres more plains and a lot more asphalt to gamble with tyre choice.

There's also a perfect example in Argentina: the stage with the big famous splash where a lot of people gather. That stage is on a more plain surface, with faster sections, spectacular splashes and a few jumps. It is located in Santa Rosa de Calamuchita. It would do a perfect mix with the rocky mountain El Condor that we currently have in the game.

I hope that there's space to invest in extra stages for existing rallies, if the community decides so. As Ross said, the community feedback is important to set a future roadmap. And if it makes money, why not?

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

I know Sebastian Loeb Rally is a lot worse than Dirt, but I like the track layout a lot better there!
And remember, when Loeb Rally appeared, Dirt Rally did not exist yet

The difference is that i think most of SLRE's stages are fake, with only one being close to reality. Can't confirm that though. There will be beef if 100% fake stages are added in the game, because people want to race on the real ones.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

and here we continue with the non-sense comparisons...

it's just not about the layout layout anymore!
With Dirt Rally 2.0, there are only two tracks at each rally and that's it

11 minutes ago, Riggs said:

The difference is that i think most of SLRE's stages are fake, with only one being close to reality. Can't confirm that though. There will be beef if 100% fake stages are added in the game, because people want to race on the real ones.

if you want to drive the real rallys you want to do dirt rally but also wrong

Posted (edited)

There's actually one unique stage per rally, which has been split in 2 long ones.

That's why a second unique one would do wonders.

Edited by Riggs

Posted (edited)

at dirt you drive in Monte Carlo only along the mountain and now look at the video
o

Edited by gleylancer571

it is obvious that dirt 2.0 is not focused on the variety of tracks, moreover everyone believes that it is easy to develop a stage but it requires resources, money, personnel and a lot of tests.

Give Codemasters all the licenses and the resource of a wrc game...

And dont forget codemasters are working on multiple games...

Posted (edited)

Thats exactly why we don't have more stages per rally, at least for now. Because developing a stage, with the level of detail the DiRT Team is providing us, takes a lot of time, human resources and consequently money. Money that, in my opinion, would be well invested and would provide profit because everyone wants more stages to race on.

There's a duck here, which can provide golden eggs if well maintained. But of course everything has to be properly planned and managed, to avoid the game turning out a budget hole rather than a success.

I think the easier way to start with this test of adding extra stages per rally, would be the addition of the Super Special Stages (SSS) for each rally, which has already been requested numerous times by the community. This represents a lower cost to develop and it's faster, because it's very similar to a RX track layout. This would provide a decent test to see wether or not this kind of DLC can be successful, and it represents a lower risk than working on an entire unique stage.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Riggs said:

All SLRE stages are real, built from GPS data. There are a few comparison videos on YouTube. 

It's the lack of trackside scenery and detail that might give the impression that they're fictional. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Exactly @Riggs,but people like to complain and will always do it anyway ... it's always easy to make comparisons and judge without thinking about the work behind and the variables / complications involved...what we need are good ideas / solutions like the one you proposed,not useless argument or complain.

Actually the add of SSS it's a great idea

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 2

can someone please explain me why dashcam is way more rear than cockpit view in c4???   😂😂😂

20190510150046_1.jpg

20190510150056_1.jpg

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

can someone please explain me why dashcam is way more rear than cockpit view in c4???   😂😂😂

20190510150046_1.jpg

20190510150056_1.jpg

Yeah i have notice that too...

W..wait...ma sei italiano? XD

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

There is still Wheel stutter in the game, it is a bit better but it is still there. Does not matter if i run the game from SSD M.2 or HDD 7200 RPM the stutter is still there.
When i disconnect my Logitech G29 wheel then the stutter is gone( i have tried different USB ports but the stutter keeps coming back as soon as i put the wheel in).
I tried it in 60Hz and 144Hz. For those who might say it is my wheel that is at fault then the stutter issue is only in Dirt Rally 2.0. I tried Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2, WRC7 there i do not have the stutter.
Wish i could refund this game because the stutter makes this game pretty much unplayable. The Stutter started ever since the Monte Carlo release and nothing has been done to fix it.

Tried it with 2 different PC-s both able to run Dirt Rally 2.0 without a problem and both getting such stutters while other racing games as i mentioned above do not have any stutters in them.

Only fixes i find is from users who say start disabling Devices in Device Manager but that is not a solution and a problem of a single PC its rather problem of the game if it starts stuttering in only one game so Codemasters should find a fix for it or offer an option for people who have this issue to get a refund... 

Edited by Xelution
  • Agree 1

Yup, stages in SLRE were real, I even saw a comparison on Youtube and it was amazing how close to reality it was. Also, the way gravel changed to tarmac in Australia or Finland was great, you really had to be very careful with throttle and steering. Variety was also the strong point. It was a really good game if you looked under the poor audio-visual presentation.

Back to the topic: the dashcams of both C4 and Skoda Fabia in 2000cc class are set too low, which is annoying.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Yeah i have notice that too...

W..wait...ma sei italiano? XD

JAWOHL  😂

1 minute ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Ahahah ok..."tira il freno a mano". Miraccomando...

in che senso???

Dallo screen della c4 che hai mandato ho capito che sei italiano

Sotto c è scritto tira il freno a mano

• Agree 1