DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

Just like to say that despite the flaws with the game and the frustration of them not being addressed or even acknowledged sometimes it’s still the best rally game and Im throughly enjoying it! Just thought I’d add a little bit of positivity to to mix!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 7

9 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

The simple answer is that we overhauled the entire input system in the mean time.  It works a lot better than it used to, both in the parts that you see and in the under the hood parts we use.

Is it possible in the current input system to assign a default driving input device separate from a default user interface input device with minor development time? As an practical example: I'd like to use my T300RS GT as driving input device while having my x360 gamepad as user interface input device. This way leaving my T300RS GT wheel turned clockwise doesn't speed up the replay camera and I can control it with my X360 gamepad.

As for bug #30 (unexpected moments stop happening), it's not only limited to PS4 players anymore. Xbox and PC players are also reporting the same thing. Can we update it please?

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KoAStR said:

@Riggs,

PC user here.

I can confirm I have experienced frustration with #1, #7, #27.

#24 I found I could manually turn wipers on and cycle the setting but found no way of turning them back off again without switching back to auto setting.

#3 I figured they might introduce some events with more stages between stages to justify longer wearing tyres? But otherwise agree the way it stands there's no reason to choose medium or hard compounds.

Could you please add a new item: After a stage when you're in the service area there's no tuning menu option. But then go to the main menu and back again in the service, the tuning menu appears (similar to inducing #7)

Also not a bug but missing menu option for game preferences to have 'manual h-pattern with clutch, and sequential' as was in DR1 so the game preference settings don't have to be adjusted between cars.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, KoAStR said:

Yes sorry I meant to clarify. Just seems to be online events (weekly/monthly challenges). I need to confirm for v1.3 though.

@Riggs , just did some v1.3 testing. 

Couple of items seem to be resolved:

• #24 holding wiper button now works turn manual wipers back off.
  • #27 vehicle tune file name retained on overwrite.

Couple of items confirmed still an issue during one of the active monthly events:

• #7 fitted tyres show as new when returning to service area from main menu.
  • Additional item for tuning menu option in service area not appearing unless returning to service area from main menu.
Edited by KoAStR
fix up user tag
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, KoAStR said:

@Riggs , just did some v1.3 testing. 

Couple of items seem to be resolved:

• #24 holding wiper button now works turn manual wipers back off.
  • #27 vehicle tune file name retained on overwrite.

Couple of items confirmed still an issue during one of the active monthly events:

• #7 fitted tyres show as new when returning to service area from main menu.
  • Additional item for tuning menu option in service area not appearing unless returning to service area from main menu.

Thanks. I can't test my game yet for some more bugs as well because I'm at work. Gonna update the list.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

I believe that this is what you get:

Consider yourself prevented!

Unfortunately the phrase " Prevention of Audio Drop out improved" means we have not fixed the issue yet.

It still happens.

Not sure why 9.3gb for the update, unless file system it a total mess.

Edited by DelDredd
  • Agree 1

really short on change logs unless hiding stuff. It would more like a 1.21 than a 1.3 patch, though name convention is not a universal thing.

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, CMMcBabe said:

Chipping in as a game developer, it is not simple.

Considering it was in the original Dirt Rally as were a bunch of other missing things it could not be that hard.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, DelDredd said:

Considering it was in the original Dirt Rally as were a bunch of other missing things it could not be that hard.

54 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

The simple answer is that we overhauled the entire input system in the mean time.  It works a lot better than it used to, both in the parts that you see and in the under the hood parts we use.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Riggs said:

-- PATCH v1.3 Bug List --

Based on v1.3's changelog and taking note of the fixes it brings, here's the updated bug list reported in the v1.2 thread, which represents all the bugs that still need fixing

17. Screen tearing and black screens problems on Xbox One ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=409736 ) NOTE: Needs confirmation if this still happens in v1.3

Tearing still happens. Not fixed.

Edited by Dementiy
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Does not seem to translate to good feelings using a wheel though. Auto lock for individual cars does not work (DR1 did), FFB very poor compared to DR1 the list goes on.

Not another case of fixing things that are not broke and making them worse is it, happened many times before. 

Posted (edited)

Volkswagen Golf GTI 16V still has tachometer upside down! on ps4 version...

Edited by IvIIhoo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CMMcBabe said:

Thing is, from a players perspective I'm not seeing any kind of upgrade over DR1 in this area. I'm sure this overhaul has had many benefits from a development standpoint but as a player I'm just left wanting for features that didn't get carried over from DR1. Having to constantly manually adjust transmission types depending on the car is deeply irritating at best and the lack of true analog handbrake support is baffling. I'm seeing pretty much what I saw in DR1 only missing a few features and now hidden behind a more convoluted UI. As stated above it appears to be a case of fixing things that weren't even broken in the first place.

Edited by Tim451
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, IvIIhoo said:

28. Rev counter analog display is upside down in the Mk1 Golf ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=412114 ) NOTE: Could be a design choice. Needs confirmation @ChristinaMc

-> I guess that's by design (as well as for some other cars such as Alpine), see :

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hot-rodding-basics-why-do-some-race-cars-have-sideways-gauges/

Edited by BarrakaFrite
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, IvIIhoo said:

Normal. Often race cars (whether they are modified production cars or purpose-built) will have the tachometer (RPM gauge) "clocked" so the redline is at the top, or wherever the driver can see it most clearly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jonny174 said:

Can you provide details on this? The stage name and location of the hairpin?

I thought it was only with the co-pilot in Spanish, but I see that it is of all languages the error, even knowing that the pacenote is wrong I keep turning to the right and crashing. It is in a stage of Poland where you go with great speed and it is a square turn to the left but the pacenote says "square turn to the right"

15 minutes ago, BarrakaFrite said:

28. Rev counter analog display is upside down in the Mk1 Golf ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=412114 ) NOTE: Could be a design choice. Needs confirmation @ChristinaMc

-> I guess that's by design (as well as for some other cars such as Alpine), see :

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hot-rodding-basics-why-do-some-race-cars-have-sideways-gauges/

This is by design and as per reference material of the real car.

• Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

not sure what happened during that 1 hour Racenet outage to deploy the patch but Racenet connectivity is worse than ever for me now. last time it was this bad was on the launch weekend for deluxe edition users and that's not an exaggeration.

it's been getting progressively worse over the last week and now i can barely load anything in career. even when i try to click on the 'events' main box it just says 'failed to load event'.

i have tried restarting the game, restarting the console, re-testing my network connection via the PS4 XMB and nothing helps.

hope this can be fixed when the new DLC is released next week.

btw i think someone else mentioned this before but if you use the PS Home button on the controller to exit the game, and then go back into it you'll get an error message saying something like "you must be signed into the PS network to access this content" (can't remember the exact wording but it's something similar) even though you're already signed in. this also happens when long pressing the PS Home button to adjust settings through the pop-up menu it brings up.

Edited by Tranzitive

10 minutes ago, jonny174 said:

This is by design and as per reference material of the real car.

Thanks! Editing post.

Xbox One X.

Engine sounds interrupt in replays, tires squeak on gravel - nothing has been fixed - a shame !!!

Two months after the premiere and the game is below criticism - 

How much else ??

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, jonny174 said:

¿Puede proporcionar detalles sobre esto? El nombre artístico y la ubicación de la horquilla?

lejno(short) zienki(long)

• Agree 1

audiobug is still present.........................   🤔😞😏

r4 weekly  in new england,  at end of race game is mute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

Bonjour,

Notre communauté souhaiterait ces vh:

Clio 1 maxi

306 maxi

Mégane maxi

Et si possible les WRC 2019.

Cdt

What about RaceNet Leagues? Anyone knows if they will be available soon, or even if there will be such a thing in Dirt Rally 2.0?

That was my favorite feature in Dirt Rally.