DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

31 minutes ago, Bosthian said:

Engine sound of Peugeot 205 R5 is now horrible?!?! What did you do with it? It was one of the best sound engines ever.. not I can't even play it any more :((((

Wish there was no patch at all.. 

You might have liked the former sound which was taken from the i20 WRC in Dirt Rally, but the new one is an authentic recording of a IRL 208 R5.

13 hours ago, bbbwww said:

thanks for the clarification!

But the user can just enter the options menu and change it from "manual sequential" to "manual h pattern" and vice versa, right? For any car right? As long as the input mappings are there.

So why can't the game itself just choose the right option based on the car?

This is mind-blowing to me too... Don't want to be to negative, but how can CM say the input system works a lot better than it used to in the parts that we see?!?!?!?! The input system worked flawlessly in my opinion in DR1 (albeit a somewhat weak SAT), now we have no feedback from the road noise, no option for H/sequential auto mapping, no analog handbrake, no tips in the options in the UI... dammm, please coddies, don't fix what worked in the previous DR iteration...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

I think we ought to be pretty grateful these developers are responding on the boards and giving us information at all. It's not their job, and there has been a heck of a lot of entitlement mentality around the place.

I'm going to go against the mob mentality and say I have to agree with you in some respects.

Whilst the game isn't right and still has a way to go, some of the things people are saying here have been worse than what you see on Fifa forums which are full of 12 year olds 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Doh. While I can now turn wipers off manually, they still go off automatically for a single wipe occassionally even though automatic wipers is set 'off'

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Been noticing another bug in weekly/monthly career events. When selecting recommended repairs in a service area, components out of view stay on 'no fix' unless you scroll down to view and reselect recommended repairs.

Edited by KoAStR
Doesn't if occur if repairs are limited to rows that aren't visible without scrolling
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CMMcBabe said:

Unlikely to be something that comes in the near future, it would be a lot of testing to ensure that it is not affecting performance or causing any issues.

I'm on PC so this doesn't affect me per se, but my understanding is that most console users want the ability to REDUCE FoV, to correct for cockpit view when close to the TV.

Given that can only improve performance is it not possible to implement sooner rather than later?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, SquadBruce said:
3 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

I think we ought to be pretty grateful these developers are responding on the boards and giving us information at all. It's not their job, and there has been a heck of a lot of entitlement mentality around the place.

I'm going to go against the mob mentality and say I have to agree with you in some respects.

Whilst the game isn't right and still has a way to go, some of the things people are saying here have been worse than what you see on Fifa forums which are full of 12 year olds 

That's all fine and beaut, except the line of conversation @Jake Cushing weighed in on was neither about entitled priveledge, nor was it a 12 year old fifa forum.

The full trails is below, with time stamps....

23 hours ago, Evo8uk said:

How about adding the option of manual h pattern with clutch and sequential like we had in DR!! I’m no game developer but surely this would be quite a simple thing to do.

A reasonable question about a reasonable feature (that existed in the previous title). This is a pretty highly requested feature to that point Codemasters have said nothing about it.

23 hours ago, CMMcBabe said:

Chipping in as a game developer, it is not simple.

This was the somewhat terse response by one of the developers. Provides no information, no empathy for their customers who would like that feature, and no path forward.

22 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Chipping in as a customer of Dirt Rally 1.0 (which had it) and Dirt Rally 2.0 (which does not), why?

My cheeky reply.

21 hours ago, CMMcBabe said:

The simple answer is that we overhauled the entire input system in the mean time.  It works a lot better than it used to, both in the parts that you see and in the under the hood parts we use.

An answer with some substance, which is nice, but still doesn't explain why a system that was completely overhauled now lacks functionality of the version it replaced. Again, no empathy for customers who miss and would like that functionality returned.

4 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Thank you, perhaps next time you use a condescending quip you could also add the constructive context.

Arguably however, two of the parts we see are gear box selection and the lack of analogue handbrake. Is a change to these even possible with your new input system?

My courteous but unapologetic follow-up to developer @CMMcBabe's superficial response.

3 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

And back to the quote at hand... to which I can only roll my eyes.

How is not the job of Codemasters to talk to Codemasters customers about a Codemasters game on a Codemasters Community forum hosted on a Codemasters website?

Am I taking crazy pills?

• Agree 7

Oh for heaven's sake @JesseDeya

Calling the developer 'condescending' for simply responding with the line 'it is not simple' was not warranted. Yes he's terse, taciturn, whatever. That's the guy's nature with all his posts. He's a developer, not a 'community manager'. If it was Christina, I would fully agree with you. But these are coders, handling guys, etc. They have work to do, and come on to the boards of their own volition. If we are rude to them, they go away. Simple.

• Agree 8

43 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

I'm on PC so this doesn't affect me per se, but my understanding is that most console users want the ability to REDUCE FoV, to correct for cockpit view when close to the TV.

Given that can only improve performance is it not possible to implement sooner rather than later?

It has been said a few times that the FoV is the same as in DR1. The only thing that changed was the dashcam position, which might lead you to think the FoV has been widened.

1 hour ago, nbates66 said:

The handbrake is analog, it doesn't appear to bind as an axis but it definitely behaves as one, I plugged in and tested with a Logitech Joystick to confirm this.

It definitely does not behave as proper analog, at least not before 1.3.  There are numerous threads about it, the analog range is only the first 5 or 10% of movement which is usually just play/slack on most HB/s.  

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

That's not true, reducing the FOV may actually reduce performance depending on the LOD system of the sim.  It really may be extra work to reconfigure everything.   As an example at least on PC when I use a proper FOV of 30 degs (which is proper for most home setups) already you can see there is a LOD restriciton in place and the road looks blurred too early. They should bump that up, but not sure what the performance impact would be.

Edited by bn880
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Awasaky said:

@ChristinaMc fps issues still exist. 1.3 patch, driver 19.4.2. Support don't respond.

As far as I can recall, you are the only one report your issue, with low FPS outside of the road. Looking at the driver version, it seems you're using an AMD card. Most people are using NVIDIA and this isn't happening on NVIDIA cards, this could be a problem together with AMD. What card are you using?

I'll update the bug list to confirm it.

Edited by Riggs

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

As far as I can recall, you are the only one report your issue, with low FPS outside of the road. Looking at the driver version, it seems you're using an AMD card. Most people are using NVIDIA and this isn't happening on NVIDIA cards, this could be a problem together with AMD. What card are you using?

I'll update the bug list to confirm it.

RX470 @ 4GB

In prevoius thread and in steam forum, players report same at 1080ti. maybe this problem not only in AMD.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?tab=comments#comment-408860

Edited by Awasaky

Just now, Awasaky said:

RX470 @ 4GB

In prevoius thread and in steam forum, players report same at 1080ti. maybe this problem not only in AMD.

Eitherway, i've updated the bug # and changed it to confirmed. Haven't restricted it to AMD only.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It has been said a few times that the FoV is the same as in DR1. The only thing that changed was the dashcam position, which might lead you to think the FoV has been widened.

I don't believe this is true. I'm playing on the Xbox, and have compared directly between DR1 and DR2.0 (and Dirt 4).

The roads look narrower in DR2.0 (including Monte which is in both games). And the game has lost immersion since DR1.

Dirt 4 and DR2.0 feel exactly the same. The distortion of objects as you turn around is the same.

Mike Robson stated the FoV is the same for DR2.0 and Dirt 4. He did not state that it was the same as DR1.

At any rate, a FoV slider would make a massive difference to immersion. Plenty of us on consoles are simulation-oriented. All that matters to me is physics/handling, and FoV.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Opassac said:

This is mind-blowing to me too... Don't want to be to negative, but how can CM say the input system works a lot better than it used to in the parts that we see?!?!?!?! The input system worked flawlessly in my opinion in DR1 (albeit a somewhat weak SAT), now we have no feedback from the road noise, no option for H/sequential auto mapping, no analog handbrake, no tips in the options in the UI... dammm, please coddies, don't fix what worked in the previous DR iteration...

For me it was clear the first day that CM speaks about a successor of Dirt Rally 1, but it isn't. Obvious it is a much better dirt4. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Have you tried placing the camera forward while in headcam? Or using that camera mod that someone has been spreading around and see if it's similar?

Guys it doesnt matter if it's a successor or a much better DiRT4. What matters is what the actual game is. DiRT4 was arcade oriented with fake generated stages, this one is not and that's what really matters here. The only difference now from DR1 is that DR2.0 is crawling with bugs and is having a rocky start. For that reason, it doesn't need to go back to paper concept, the base is there, it just needs tweaking.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

And back to the quote at hand... to which I can only roll my eyes.

How is not the job of Codemasters to talk to Codemasters customers about a Codemasters game on a Codemasters Community forum hosted on a Codemasters website?

Am I taking crazy pills?

But if we continue to insult then they will not answer anything.

The alternative is for there to be no forum at all and all you can do is tell Rover the dog how upset you are about the game while crying into your Weetabix every morning.

• Haha 2

@Riggs I'm playing on the Xbox One. You can not use any camera mods. And there is no FoV adjustment available. Moving the camera forward to the maximum position does nothing to the FoV.

FoV makes an enormous difference that simply is not available to console users.

As mentioned, even just a single, alternate (lower) setting would do the trick.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

@Riggs I'm playing on the Xbox One. You can not use any camera mods. And there is no FoV adjustment available. Moving the camera forward to the maximum position does nothing to the FoV.

FoV makes an enormous difference that simply is not available to console users.

As mentioned, even just a single, alternate (lower) setting would do the trick.

Sorry forgot about that important detail lol. Yeah I know what FoV is and what it does. What I was trying to understand was if by placing the seat as close as you could would actually get similar to the view of DR1, but apparently it doesn't. Like someone already said here, lowering the FoV doesn't necessarily mean an improvement of FPS, it can work the other way around because it also has to do with draw distance and how things render, so it needs to be thoroughly tested before it's implemented to make sure it doesn't get worse than it currently is.

I understand your concern, but right now there's higher priority things in the workload, like this resistent sound bug and all the 35 others (not to mention FFB is also in the works), so I guess the team is focusing on that. Hope one day you can get that FoV adjustment.

Edited by Riggs

@Riggs It's not just me who's asked for it. Plenty of console players are simulation-oriented with corresponding gear. And plenty more would appreciate it greatly once they have it available and see what a difference it makes.

FoV is present in other racing simulators on consoles, like PCars 2 and Assetto.

Anyway, hopefully they receive my suggestion for a simple toggle between two settings (normal/low).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Oh for heaven's sake @JesseDeya

Calling the developer 'condescending' for simply responding with the line 'it is not simple' was not warranted. Yes he's terse, taciturn, whatever. That's the guy's nature with all his posts. He's a developer, not a 'community manager'. If it was Christina, I would fully agree with you. But these are coders, handling guys, etc. They have work to do, and come on to the boards of their own volition. If we are rude to them, they go away. Simple.

Then the guy needs to adjust his attitude.

In my line of work I'm also the equivalent of 'the developer', I'm not in marketing, recruiting, PR, issue management, HR or reception. I still know how to be courteous, respectful and helpful to people - especially those that pay the bills.

They don't come on the board of their own volition, these boards are at least one of the public facing interfaces between their employer and their employer's customers - when they represent here they represent Codemasters. WE don't have to be grateful, THEY have a responsibility to us - NOT the other way around.

It would also be useful if the community manager was active in like, you know, the community.

• Agree 6

Suspicious lap on 1600 RX leaderboards, Hell circuit, dry, 3 second gap over the second place (Rn Tz which is one of the best RX players) in a short circuit like this is very big, would be nice a investigation about this. RX leaderboards usually are very competitive and its not very normal such a gap.

1302067929_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_04.17-14_03_44_80.thumb.png.608dd18359e5efff410f5fe1b7bd32ae.png