DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

As far as I can recall, you are the only one report your issue, with low FPS outside of the road. Looking at the driver version, it seems you're using an AMD card. Most people are using NVIDIA and this isn't happening on NVIDIA cards, this could be a problem together with AMD. What card are you using?

I'll update the bug list to confirm it.

Performance problems are reported frequently, by myself as well as others. Both of my PCs are running nVidia (one with a 1070, the other one a 1080TI); and both of them are performing pretty poor in certain parts. 

A big german PC-Hardware-Magazine tested DR2.0 with both AMD and nVidia. And the AMD-Cards were actually performing better. It was also mentioned on the official GeForce-Forums, and nVidia has acknowledged this, but they said it could be driver-related or something with the game. But of course to this day Codemasters hasn´t responded to the performance-issues at all (where the majority seems to come from the implementation of the crowd). 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

no empathy for their customers who would like that feature, and no path forward.

The 'relationship' between a game developer and their customers is not a one way street. If you ask for empathy you should first show at least a minimum of empathy for all those involved in the game development, who also have to deal with the 'realities' of the their work and the entire industry. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 6

4 minutes ago, richie said:

The 'relationship' between a game developer and its customers is not a one way street. If you ask for empathy you should first show at least a minimum of empathy for all those involved in the game development, who also have to deal with the 'realities' of the their work and the entire industry. 

That is a fair point. However, is it not appropriate that they go first?

Back when DR 1 was in EA and the devs were making video dev diaries, livestreams and generally getting involved you wouldn't have caught me whispering a single bad word about them - despite the jankyness in DR1 at EA launch.

What I can't stand is this retreat to corporate animosity, with extremely selective community engagement - as and when it suits them. That is only made worse when those small pieces of engagement seems forced, trite or condescending.

• Agree 11

31 minutes ago, Civarello said:

Performance problems are reported frequently, by myself as well as others. Both of my PCs are running nVidia (one with a 1070, the other one a 1080TI); and both of them are performing pretty poor in certain parts. 

A big german PC-Hardware-Magazine tested DR2.0 with both AMD and nVidia. And the AMD-Cards were actually performing better. It was also mentioned on the official GeForce-Forums, and nVidia has acknowledged this, but they said it could be driver-related or something with the game. But of course to this day Codemasters hasn´t responded to the performance-issues at all (where the majority seems to come from the implementation of the crowd). 

I was refering to his report specifically, because his FPS drop drastically as soon as he steps off-road.

@Riggs

and what about poor   efficiency of headlights at  night???   is that in work???

Posted (edited)

bmw m1 procar

i had a tuneup for each location.

after the 1.3 patch my tuneups are all the same.

if you switch the tuneups they all show up as stock and you cant reset them, the reset is grayed out because its a stock set up.

if i make new setups it will work correctly and i can change between the new setups and see them change and i have the reset option.

actually if i pick a new setup then load an old one it shows up as the new one.

so the setups prior to patch 1.3 show up as stock or as the previous new setup if you had one selected. 

very frustrating to loose setups as i am a tuning  newb and have lots of time invested in them.

i checked a few other cars and all works correctly.

i have not checked all other cars.

so far the bmw m1 procar is the only one i have a setup problem with. 

Edited by ch3sty

5 minutes ago, ch3sty said:

bmw m1 procar

i had a tuneup for each location.

after the 1.3 patch my tuneups are all the same.

if you switch the tuneups they all show up as stock and you cant reset them, the reset is grayed out because its a stock set up.

if i make new setups it will work correctly and i can change between the new setups and see them change and i have the reset option.

actually if i pick a new setup then load an old one it shows up as the new one.

so the setups prior to patch 1.3 show up as stock or as the previous new setup if you had one selected. 

very frustrating to loose setups as i am a tuning  newb and have lots of time invested in them.

i checked a few other cars and all works correctly.

So this is just for the BMW M1 right? Because mine were working fine on the other cars.

Poor translation in Polish still present.

Wanted to write it down here, but...

For God sake, Codies, do your fc...n' job or just hire someone who speaks Polish, IDK.

I'm also wondering, how height difference on certain stages works. For example, there is stage in Argentina 2.84 km long with over 600 meters difference, which gives over 20% camber average. It's insane! And also I dont' feel it ingame if it's sooo sooo much. So maybe it's total difference between lowest and highest point on the map? But there's a stage in USA which is ZERO, but it's definitely not that flat. I've also noticed, that this parameter differs between the same Monte Carlo stages in DR1 and DR2. I'd be also nice to bring us back +/- sign, to know if stage is generally uphill or downhill. I see no reason it was removed, IMO it was good, did someone complained about it?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

@Riggs

and what about poor   efficiency of headlights at  night???   is that in work???

I reckon they're better if you see the Headlight thread

• Like 1

Prevention for audio cut-out improved 

Had this twice now in 30 mins of playing, very frustrating.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 4

I'm not sure this is technically a bug, but when you're driving in the rain at night, it's often necessary to turn off your headlights to be able to see anything.  There should be a separate control for the light-bar on modern cars, and the fog lights on older cars so you can attenuate the lighting to accommodate current visibility.

• Agree 2

is it not a case of the rear wheel itself not beeing wide nough and not the placement

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pioy said:

For God sake, Codies, do your fc...n' job or just hire someone who speaks Polish, IDK.

I'm also wondering, how height difference on certain stages works. For example, there is stage in Argentina 2.84 km long with over 600 meters difference, which gives over 20% camber average. It's insane! And also I dont' feel it ingame if it's sooo sooo much. So maybe it's total difference between lowest and highest point on the map? But there's a stage in USA which is ZERO, but it's definitely not that flat. I've also noticed, that this parameter differs between the same Monte Carlo stages in DR1 and DR2. I'd be also nice to bring us back +/- sign, to know if stage is generally uphill or downhill. I see no reason it was removed, IMO it was good, did someone complained about it? 

There are arrows pointing up or down indicating that you are going up or down

Huge amount of FPS drops occours in every track, any weather condition and the game is getting unplayable if you leave the track by four wheels off.

There is a sample video to show you the "FPS Down bug" of Dirt Rally 2.0 (PC) when you go Off the track huge amount of FPS drops occours.

• During gameplay avg FPS 64 is going down to 24 (-40 FPS down) !!!
  • During replay avg FPS 55 is going down to 46 (-9 FPS drops ONLY)

Please read this topic What's Wrong with DR 2.0 - FPS

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

@cafe5150 Headlights on Monaco tunnel are fine but the other dark areas of the other rallies haven't suffered any changes. Lights barely have any effect at all in Sunset and Dusk conditions (new zealand, australia specially).

I've updated the bug list and crossed the co driver notes. The codriver doesn't go silent anymore on custom multiplayer sessions, so it's fixed.

Splash VFX and SFX are working as well, crossed that one off the list too.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Pioy said:

I believe it's a difference between the start and finish point on a stage, it serves to indicate whether it's an uphill stage or a downhill stage, and to what extent.

I have no idea whether or not it's accurate though. I did think the difference was in feet, not metres but that could be dependent on settings I guess.

• Agree 1

It should measure the max and min height of the stage though, that's what'd make more sense.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Riggs said:

@cafe5150 Headlights on Monaco tunnel are fine but the other dark areas of the other rallies haven't suffered any changes. Lights barely have any effect at all in Sunset and Dusk conditions (new zealand, australia specially).

I've updated the bug list and crossed the co driver notes. The codriver doesn't go silent anymore on custom multiplayer sessions, so it's fixed.

Splash VFX and SFX are working as well, crossed that one off the list too.

i just made a stage in career at night and rain in poland................   scarifying!!!!!!    almost no visibility!!!!

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe they've improved a little in 1.3 patch. But there's still a lot of night, rain, wet ground in events.

And I noticed that the game "chooses" rain and/or night when the track is bigger (to make my misery worse lol)

I believe that rain, wet ground and night should be sporadic and rare in events, however they occupy more than 50% of the total.

@Riggs @CMMcBabe

Edited by DrPepper
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, DrPepper said:

Maybe they've improved a little in 1.3 patch. But there's still a lot of night, rain, wet ground in events.

And I noticed that the game "chooses" rain and/or night when the track is bigger (to make my misery worse lol)

I believe that rain, wet ground and night should be sporadic and rare in events, however they occupy more than 50% of the total.

15/20% would be ok

• Agree 1

Please fix the H2 (FWD) times in career mode. Posting competitive times in Clubman difficulty is impossible.

20 hours ago, Riggs said:

I was refering to his report specifically, because his FPS drop drastically as soon as he steps off-road.

Ah, ok. Maybe he has posted about this several times. Because at least in his last post he only talked about "fps-issues"; not specific issues when going off-road.

10 minutes ago, Civarello said:

Ah, ok. Maybe he has posted about this several times. Because at least in his last post he only talked about "fps-issues"; not specific issues when going off-road.

Apparently mesa is also having this problem, so it's getting reproduced elsewhere as well. Check the video a couple of posts above.

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, SimFunny said:

Had none of those issues. 
Don´t understand that someones here are overoptimistic unless they are working for Codemasters. 
There is still big bugs (like FFB lack which is one of the most important things with racing games, and dark areas specially with HDR which your headlights don´t light etc) and no word when those are going to be fixed or maby never. 

it was said multiple times that its in the works.. Nobody is going to get it earlier by knowing the exact date when it drops. Also just because you didnt have any problems, It shouldnt be fixed or isnt a big fix then in your opinion ? Okay, imo FFB doesnt need a fix to urgent so if its imo not too urgent it isnt important ? FFB is beeing worked on. Not fixing other stuff will not solve that problem quicker.

And do i need to understand why ya´ll rage all over the place and open 50 threads just to bash CM and this game ? I dont to be honest. Its just a big big waste of your time.

And do you know how i can be optimistic here ? Because its a great freakin game in MY opinion and of many others.

• Agree 4

Just saying...in my opinion the only thing they have really done well in this patch it's the 208 r5 new sound.I was impressed (I follow rally a lot and I know very well the sound of the r5's) now it's incredibly close to the real one, it's a pleasure for the ears. I just hope they do the same upgrade also to Polo and Fabia r5 (they are so flat...)

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1