DiRT Rally 2.0 - v1.3 - found a bug? Post it here!

Hi!

DiRT Rally 2.0 v1.3 releases at 11am (BST) today, and with that, RaceNet will go down for maintenance, so please make sure you're not playing the game when 11am comes around, as it could compromise event times etc. being uploaded to the server. We're expecting RaceNet to be up and running by 12pm BST!

Here's what patch 1.3 contains:

-          Grip and floating car issues off the starting line now resolved

-          New achievements/trophies added for Season One: ‘On Thin Ice’ (Complete a clean stage in Monte Carlo), ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll’ (Drive 66km at Monte Carlo in the DS 21), ‘To all those who doubted...’ (Get a podium in the Citroën C4 Rally), ‘Kickin’ 80s Vibe’ (Complete your first Event in the BMW M1 Procar Rally)

-          The achievement/trophy “Fire Up That Car... Again” has had its unlock criteria modified

-          Prevention for audio cut-out improved

-          Added Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery

-          New engine audio for BMW M1 Procar and Peugeot 208 T16 R5

-          Fixed non-English translations of in-game text

-          Retiring no longer counts as completing the stage or event, and will no longer cause trophies to pop

-          Returning to the service area in Rallycross Community Events or AI Challenges will take players to service area and not leave the event

-          Spectating in bumper cam will now show other drivers in custom online events

-          Improvements to co-driver calls in specific call outs, across multiple locations

-          Leaderboards are now available after non-Time Trial races

-          Improvements to visual quality on some cars

-          Corner cuts across certain areas (reset lines and rough terrain) are now prevented

-          Stability improvements throughout title

Noticed anything slip through the cracks? Let us know right here. 

Thanks!

Jenny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

The graphics on standard consoles when it is resolved ???

Takes time, because there is no magic that gives you more performance instantly on those consoles. Just turning off TAA will result in a very pixelated picture.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Toggle option for Motion Blurr and Depth of Field on consoles??? 

Come on Codemasters... 

• Agree 3

the precious time when th co says ,how did the car feels ,please place some reality audio ,

20190416113033_1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 7

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Fjacobsen said:

@jennyannemHow about FFB fixes ? (I´m at work and cannot check myself)

FFB comes with another patch, it was discussed in the bug thread about 1 weeks ago.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@Lollerke It doesn't take a genius to do it, also because the graphics for me in a rally game is the most important thing:classic_wacko:

• Agree 2

Great news, and some nice easy new achievements. What is the new criteria for the fire it up achievement though?

Would be nice, to get some rumble trigger support, for the Xbox controller on Pc, they managed it with F1 2018, cannot understand why they haven't included it with this game. 

16 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

FB comes with another patch, it was discussed in the bug thread about 1 weeks ago.

IMO @ChristinaMc confirmed a week ago that FFB fix will come this week. So you are right only if next patch will arrive in a few days (which is highly unlikely)

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

34 minutes ago, jennyannem said:

Added Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery

At long last! Now I can die happy! Comforting to see how priorities are keep being handled!

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Co driver voicing way way to quiet..

Is there any possibility you can put the option to send it to the dualshock controller on ps4 so we can mic the controller to a amplifier... dirt rally 1 has this option f1 has this option..

Regards 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

IMO @ChristinaMc confirmed a week ago that FFB fix will come this week. So you are right only if next patch will arrive in a few days (which is highly unlikely)

I saw no confirmation, I only read that they are working on it and it will come when it is finished, because every car and every wheel will be affected by this.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mouldymadgit said:

Interesting, I have my co-pilot volume reduced to 50 from 100, because it was too loud on the default settings. Are you sure you have the correct settings for your speaker system?

Edited by Lollerke
  • Confused 3

I have noticed a bug a couple of times...

when in career mode, the first stage of any rally works fine, then majority of the time on the second stage you can press full throttle and the car will barely move as it should.

You restart the stage again and it works fine, but then you're using your limited number of restarts 

Just now, danholland said:

I have noticed a bug a couple of times...

when in career mode, the first stage of any rally works fine, then majority of the time on the second stage you can press full throttle and the car will barely move as it should.

You restart the stage again and it works fine, but then you're using your limited number of restarts 

That is resolved in this patch: "Grip and floating car issues off the starting line now resolved"

Please resolve graphical issues for standard consoles, especially the "blurrynes" issue

Toggle option for Motion Blur and Depth of Field on consoles?

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Happy to see some improvements for the co-driver calls. Phil Mills voice is excellent, and almost all calls were already correct before this new patch. I hope now I will be able to avoid some accidents caused because of some incorrect calls.

In the other hand, this afternoon I will check if the performance now is better in my PC. Almost all goes very smoothly with a GTX 970 with all in medium-high-ultra. But crowds are an issue, especially in some sections of Poland or Argentina, with some occasional and important fps drops.

We don’t have an update for FFB but they said last week that they are working on it. It’s something that it takes time. Anyway, after some adjustments the system works well so I’m not unhappy with that.

Edited by CarlesWRC
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2

Great stuff thanks. 

I have also noticed a bug where no tuning menu option available at service stops during online events, but appears if you exit the event and rejoin. Also if rejoining currently fitted set of tyres show as new instead of used/worn.

Any update on sound drop out glitch?

34 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

the precious time when th co says ,how did the car feels ,please place some reality audio ,

It would be nice if you could completely turn off this famos last words of the Copilot. Applies then also for the first introductory words at the beginning of the Stage

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Mouldymadgit said:

Is there any possibility you can put the option to send it to the dualshock controller on ps4 so we can mic the controller to a amplifier... dirt rally 1 has this option f1 has this option..

Regards 

Check your system, because I can listen to Phil Mills calls loud and clear. I never miss a note.