Dirt Blurry 2.0 - NO MORE!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Yeah, the added damage information in the garage was also not included in the patch notes. Wierd, it's like an easter egg hunt.

It's the Christina McGrath mystery game again! Yay!

Edit:

I got it wrong. Xbox One X with '4k mode' selected gives you graphics every bit as good (possibly better) than the PS4 Pro. Super sharp and wonderful. Well done Codemasters!

Edited by Jake Cushing

So... I’ve just hurriedly put together this video (I’ve been busy playing, now that I can) to show the difference between graphics on the PS4 Pro between patch 1.1 (only clip I made before Codies surprised us with the fix) and patch 1.3 (the second run starts at 2:49). Welcome to El Rodeo (Argentina).

Mean comments about the crappy driving are unnecessary, unwanted and unappreciated 😆

• Like 1

Pre Patched

345485633_DiRTRally2_0_20190320112639.thumb.png.bb301e3b262a65a086f5153e59cf16dc.png

Patched

1536130155_DiRTRally2_0_20190417140202.thumb.png.5b84ac5103fe60d78f7ba1760cea979f.png

Dial Zoomed in prepatched

dial-pre-patch.jpg.caa870b4fe2c2825470cb66d0bf9c54c.jpg

Dial Zoomed in Patched

dial-patched.jpg.f39c0d5319be5830462d4449277b80eb.jpg

Remember this forum doesnt show a full size screen it compresses it and makes it smaller so in game it's an even bigger difference. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I know it’s eye candy but still it’s nice to be able to finally read the gauges!

Shame that the heavy rain at night is still unplayable. I guess it’s a totally separate issue.

Damn, it doesn't show the difference properly, as both images have been blurred in the upload.

I'll try with some others.

Agreed. Strange how this changes the all game / feelings. Now it is playable for me according to my own standards. Still lacking keyboard support and telemetry though...... but I guess this will come in next patches. Funny to see this massive improvement as if they just forgot to tick the PS4 Pro improvement checkbox when compiling the game 🙂

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, vinceps34 said:

Agreed. Strange how this changes the all game / feelings. Now it is playable for me according to my own standards. Still lacking keyboard support and telemetry though...... but I guess this will come in next patches. Funny to see this massive improvement as if they just forgot to tick the PS4 Pro improvement checkbox when compiling the game 🙂

as if you removed an idiot filter and suddenly changed everything!!
Edited by babis1986

Edit:

I got it wrong!!

The PS4 Pro version is vastly improved, to be sure.

But if you have the Xbox One X (at least), you can select '4k mode'. Even if your TV is not 4k (mine is not), the image will still be much sharper and clearer.

So the images I put up were misleading. The PS4 Pro screen caps were at 4k, whereas the Xbox were at 1080p.

Upshot: the game now looks freaking amazing across the consoles. No more complaints about graphics from me (except for the night-time heavy rain effect, of course!)

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 2

I'm glad to see that they improved a lot the graphics for consoles!

In PC the graphics are amazing, the only weird thing is the fps drops in some parts (like crowded ones), and the not enough powerful headlights in night-dark areas. But overall graphics in the daylight are just incredible, at least in my PC (GTX 970).

38 minutes ago, CarlesWRC said:

In PC the graphics are amazing, the only weird thing is the fps drops in some parts (like crowded ones), and the not enough powerful headlights in night-dark areas. But overall graphics in the daylight are just incredible, at least in my PC (GTX 970).

Shadow high->ultra causes a massive fps drop because "grass" shadows are turned from "false" to "true" in the settings file. Also the shadow size is turned from 2048 to 3072, however this has almost no impact. In my settings file I am now using ultra shadow size while having grass shadows turned to false to improve shadow quality without costing a lot of performance.

Crowd low->medium causes a massive fps drop and I suspect the reason again is shadows. In low crowd settings the crowd doesn't have any shadows and in medium they do. Doesn't look like I can change it in the settings file to just improve the crowd models/increase the amount of crowd models without turning on crowd shadows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

But if you have the Xbox One X (at least), you can select '4k mode'. Even if your TV is not 4k (mine is not), the image will still be much sharper and clearer.

If you play any Xbox One X game that can display at 4K, it'll supersample if your screen is of a lower resolution.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/03/xbox-one-x-explaining-4k-hdr-supersampling/

If there’s one thing I’d love for you to take away from all this information is this: a 4K screen is not required to play great games on Xbox One X. Your games will still look and run much better on Xbox One X than any other console on the market regardless of your television and that’s thanks to supersampling. Supersampling also helps to reduce “jaggies” around the edges of objects and other staircasing-like effects

Think of supersampling as the cousin of upscaling. Instead of taking a lower resolution image and blowing up (creating a distortion) like upscaling’s effect, supersampling takes a high-resolution image and scales it down to your television’s native resolution — be it 720p or 1080p — to bring all the information that Xbox One X is pouring into its games and beaming to the screen.

But supersampling is more than just resolution as any Xbox One X Enhanced title running on at 1080p television is still taking advantage of the power of the system. That makes your draw distance better, greater special effects, and everything else that’s running under the hood of the world’s most powerful console.

Edited by PJTierney
  • Like 1

Some dashboards are improved and something tweaked with lightness, you can notice those also with standard PS4 version.
Is there native 4k textures for PS4 Pro after patch or is it still 1080p?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarlesWRC said:

hmmmm, i noticed  an inmprovement in graphics...........  much less fps drops   🤔     i agree with head lights

i also have a 970gtx (overclocked)

you're right,i change spectators to low in setting as that sucks a lot of gpu and it not really interesting me

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 1

Definately much sharper now on standard Xbox than at launch. Headlights work, splashes appear at the sides, road noises are better (cattle grates etc). Yes there's still some faults, ffb (for wheel users) audio cutouts and the rain, frequency of night/rain stages but I'm still loving it. And Sweden ---WOW !!

Plus nothing wrong here.

20190424_204733.jpg

Edited by cafe5150

dirt rally 2.0 has the worst graphic of all dirt games (PS4 Standard) its blurry and blurred.
the graphic just builds up too late

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

@Jake Cushing Hi mate! I'd love to know how the PS4 Pro version now compares with the One X (4k mode), particularly with stage details (rather than cockpits). Which is sharper? Does one show more detail than the other (eg reflections on wet road, fine details on road surface and trees). Many Thanks!

Edited by A-M-A-R-85

6 hours ago, A-M-A-R-85 said:

@Jake Cushing Hi mate! I'd love to know how the PS4 Pro version now compares with the One X (4k mode), particularly with stage details (rather than cockpits). Which is sharper? Does one show more detail than the other (eg reflections on wet road, fine details on road surface and trees). Many Thanks!

Hey! I haven't run a close comparison between the two, but I can say that the PS4 Pro version stacks up extremely well in comparison to the Xbox One X in graphics detail. I'll run them both over the weekend to see if there's been any change in this respect. But really, other than the fact the Xbox One X can do 4k, I don't see any practical difference. Both are sharp and detailed, and the frame rate at 1080p is near identical. The PS4 Pro has a little bit more pop-in of trees etc, but it's not enough to be considered significant.

I'm still happy I can actually play this game at all, using your tv zoom 'hack' in lieu of an FoV slider. I honestly don't get how anyone on a console can find the default FoV playable. It's terrible - so wide, and the road so ridiculously narrow. Might as well play from third-person perspective.

• Like 1

I ordered PS4 Pro, just for this game (and maby for Project Cars 2).
Hope it looks better than standard one.

I have the one X and have it on 4k mode and since update 1.5 I have seen a real improvement on the car textures both exterior and interior along with trackside scenery.

overall I am loving Dirt Rally.

Edited by SirSilverLXVIII