Dirt Blurry 2.0 - NO MORE!!!!!!

PS4 got fixed? Well, that would be one loud complaint gone - I'm glad for you guys.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, chukonu said:

PS4 got fixed? Well, that would be one loud complaint gone - I'm glad for you guys.

Yep the Pro anyway. What a difference!

• Agree 2

So PS4 Pro is fixed and Xbox One S is not. Other players from the other consoles please speak out.

2 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

One xbox one s So blurryed:classic_mellow:

Xbox one seems to have improved also, looks no where as bad as it did at launch. It looks at tad sharper. 

Edited by watzcoc
  • Agree 1

Just launched it! Beautiful graphics on PS4 Pro, truly crystal clear now!

Thank you Codies 👍🏼

PS: I guess I won’t be around the forum much in the near future (your loss, I know). Got some racing to do!!! 

Edited by Mastoideu
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

What a silly thread, at least be committed enough to specify what platform it is not blurry on anymore...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Patch 1.06... (PS4 Standart)

Poland: Night/Rain (In game capture)

Unplayable

PS4 got fixed?

No :classic_sad:

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190416165629.png

Edited by GottaEvil

for some reason the headlights on Poland in particular work really badly. hope they can fix it soon.

28 minutes ago, bn880 said:

What a silly thread, at least be committed enough to specify what platform it is not blurry on anymore...

Could you not manage to make it down to the 3rd post 🤣👍

^ Typical irresponsible deflection.  The 3rd post is not conclusive of anything either...

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 2

Standard PS4 here, just drove through 10 stages in Argentina, there might be a slight improvement in the image sharpness, but I'm not entirely sure if it's not placebo. Screenshots are necessary to confirm this...

16 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Standard PS4 here, just drove through 10 stages in Argentina, there might be a slight improvement in the image sharpness, but I'm not entirely sure if it's not placebo. Screenshots are necessary to confirm this...

To be honest, I play on standard PS4, And i did not see improvment, or there are so small that i didn't saw the difference..

EDIT: to be honest i dont mind Graphic, its fun driving with good physic..

Edited by dani211212

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

Sounds like it's more a Pro Enhanced Update and closer to the X version like it should of been. 

• Agree 3

Definitely less blurry on standard PS4. Poland was the worse for it and its noticeably improved. Draw distance and aliasing seem to be a touch worse but it's a worthwhile tradeoff. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, bn880 said:

All I had to do was look at the posters name to know what platform he was talking about.

What a difference being able to see the road. Had a great couple of hours on it tonight. 

Also the lighting is really popping now some of the conditions are breathtaking. 

Now to figure out why im so bad at it compared to DR.

• Agree 2

I'm very happy for you guys on the PS4, great to hear when people get the fix they have been hoping for, and can enter rally Nirvana! 🙂

As I bought the game on both the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X (to support Codies however I can), I can confirm the game is now sharper on the PS4 Pro than it is on the Xbox 1 X. Screenshots to come.

I think the difference is they have dialled back some filtering or depth of field effect on purpose, after hearing PS4 player's complaints.

It's a matter of taste, sometimes the Xbox 1 X looks a touch nicer as the graphics are smoothed out, but other times it's still too soft-focus looking. Personally, somewhere in-between on the Xbox would be perfect for me.

If Codies can fix the heavy rain under headlights at night effect (the big white rain-bolts), then graphically I think we're pretty good across the consoles.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Had a Rally Cross race in Norway and the rain looks incredible. Guess its impossible to recreate for 10 mile stage though. 

With the Rally part light rain looks really good i think they should ditch heavy rain as light isnt all that light its pretty much raining normally.

15 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Standard PS4 here, just drove through 10 stages in Argentina, there might be a slight improvement in the image sharpness, but I'm not entirely sure if it's not placebo. Screenshots are necessary to confirm this.

I had the exact same thing last night, i really got the impression everything was sharper/less blurry/more crisp (also at argentina stage).

Weird thing is, nothing about this is mentioned in patchnotes, so is it indeed placebo? maybe some of the devs can enlighten us on this? Problem is , you cant compare it.. only to recorded videos or screenshots, and those (on ps4 standard) were awfull before.. so tonight im going to try and replicate some of my earlier recorded screenshots/videos and compare.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah, the added damage information in the garage was also not included in the patch notes. Wierd, it's like an easter egg hunt.