Jump to content

Patch 1.4 - What matters to YOU?

Patch 1.4 - What matters to you?  

134 members have voted

  1. 1. Essential - This NEEDS to be in patch 1.4

    • Force Feedback fix - "work in progress" version
    • Force Feedback fix - "final" version
    • Lighting re-balance - dark areas during daylight / impossibly dark nights
    • AI re-balance and/or enhanced difficulty options
    • Tyre wear adjusted to make selection strategy meaningful
    • Running order re-balanced / customisation options introduced
    • Graphic effects toggles on console
    • HDR fixed on console. HDR included on PC.
    • Photo Mode
    • Sequential vs H-Pattern auto-selection
    • Analogue handbrake fix
    • Resilience when Racenet unavailable. Results should not be forfeited.
    • Increased time-of-day options (several more per 24hrs).
    • Ability to save replays
    • Fully customisable events in Career mode (DR1 Custom Championship)
  2. 2. Desireable - I would like this in patch 1.4, but it could come in a later patch

    • Force Feedback fix - "work in progress" version
    • Force Feedback fix - "final" version
    • Lighting re-balance - dark areas during daylight / impossibly dark nights
    • AI re-balance and/or enhanced difficulty options
    • Tyre wear adjusted to make selection strategy meaningful
    • Running order re-balanced / customisation options introduced
    • Graphic effects toggles on console
    • HDR fixed on console. HDR included on PC.
    • Photo Mode
    • Sequential vs H-Pattern auto-selection
    • Analogue handbrake fix
    • Resilience when Racenet unavailable. Results should not be forfeited.
    • Increased time-of-day options (several more per 24hrs).
    • Ability to save replays
    • Fully customisable events in Career mode (DR1 Custom Championship)
  3. 3. Nicety - I would like this in a patch, but can live with it never coming.

    • Force Feedback fix - "work in progress" version
    • Force Feedback fix - "final" version
    • Lighting re-balance - dark areas during daylight / impossibly dark nights
    • AI re-balance and/or enhanced difficulty options
    • Tyre wear adjusted to make selection strategy meaningful
    • Running order re-balanced / customisation options introduced
    • Graphic effects toggles on console
    • HDR fixed on console. HDR included on PC.
    • Photo Mode
    • Sequential vs H-Pattern auto-selection
    • Analogue handbrake fix
    • Resilience when Racenet unavailable. Results should not be forfeited.
    • Increased time-of-day options (several more per 24hrs).
    • Ability to save replays
    • Fully customisable events in Career mode (DR1 Custom Championship)


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

It's a valid request, but it it did not poll as high as you claim. It was 8th out of 13 options on RallyStu2's poll, and did not get bumped with issues being fix - not a single issue above 13th was rectified in patch 1.3.          No single list can be completely comprehensive, but I think you specific issue is adequately represented by "enhanced difficulty options" so feel free to use that to add your vote.

       
       
       

You are forgetting the reddit vote:

0289f81b1a68a23f79a60769f1b0a136.png

 

5543d1d27c851623455d5b1b6138a4a5.png
https://gyazo.com/5543d1d27c851623455d5b1b6138a4a5

I consider the Audio issue something not really necessary to count because it is always being looked at and WAS supposed to be fixed.  So I count that as positoin 5 and position 7 for hardcore damage.

And no, you're out of your mind if you think that "enhanced difficulty options" means hardcore damage IN career.  You basically just skipped over a major gripe for many people there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The USB polling issue is my biggest problem at the moment, stuttersville with more than 1 usb device(controller) plugged in

 

MM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chukonu said:

DR2.0 has a benchmarking tool?? Where?

It’s hidden 🙂

You have to run it from a command line. Look in the root folder and there is a file in there that will tell you want  to add to a shortcut. When you run it, it launches straight to the benchmark using whatever graphics settings you have currently in game, and then shuts down. It dumps the result in My documents the same as DR 1.0. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bn880 said:

And no, you're out of your mind if you think that "enhanced difficulty options" means hardcore damage IN career.  You basically just skipped over a major gripe for many people there.

If you say so champ, I couldn’t care less either way. 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What I would most love to get in v1.4 is to feel like v1.20 won’t be necessary before the game is finished. Sorry for the sarcasm, but really...it’s painfully evident the game was released in a premature state. No this is not constructive I realize, but I really hoped 1.3 would shorten (considerably), the list of bugs reported to date. Alas, we still have audio issues (hopefully three patches is a charm)...and we are 5 pages deep on the bugs report page in less than a day.

Almost comical...and kinda saddening. 😕

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, IvIIhoo said:

 

 

16 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Dirt Rally 1 on the Xbox and PS4 had a certain Field of View (FoV).

This was changed in Dirt 4. It was increased, so the road looked narrower, and everything looked smaller. There was visible distortion of objects as you turned.

That FoV was retained for DR2.0. And we have no option to change (reduce) the FoV. Whereas this option is available for PC players.

This is the killer for me. It will remain the killer until that option is brought in for consoles.

It's an amazing game, but without this basic option, it will remain fundamentally compromised for players like me.

 

From the pictures someone else did as a comparison in another thread, the only difference between DR and DR2 is the actual camera position, the default FoV was the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bogani you've mentioned this a number of times. Mike Robson confirmed the FoV is the same between Dirt 4 and DR2.0 (see the FoV thread I started a few months ago).

He did not say it is the same across the three games.

Unless you have some evidence...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poll needs some [Nothing] option for each question. There are things I would like to see but aren't essential, and I can't complete the poll :classic_sleep:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Poll needs some [Nothing] option for each question. There are things I would like to see but aren't essential, and I can't complete the poll :classic_sleep:

What?

The entire premise of the poll is that all the things are repeated in three categories:

  • Essential
  • Desirable
  • Nicety

If you don't think something is Essential, mark it off in one of the other two categories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a horrible patch!!

Sound engine of P208 R5 was one of the best ever, now sounds like a broken machine, with terrible sound??

Why destroy sth that works so fine!?

Another complaint.. why carrer doesn't have now 7 events (with Monte Carlo) or at least give us an opportunity to select ones. 

 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Peugeot 208 R5 sound is the real one now. Before the patch it was just a placeholder. Are you sure you aren't having any trouble with the sound? Because I tested it and it sounds amazing.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bosthian said:

What a horrible patch!!

Sound engine of P208 R5 was one of the best ever, now sounds like a broken machine, with terrible sound??

Why destroy sth that works so fine!?

Another complaint.. why carrer doesn't have now 7 events (with Monte Carlo) or at least give us an opportunity to select ones. 

 

 

Yes, career mode really needs to have capacity/ the option to have 7 events, and soon to be 8. You’d have thought this would have come with the patch for the Monte Carlo dlc 😩 

how hard can it be. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JesseDeya said:

What?

The entire premise of the poll is that all the things are repeated in three categories:

  • Essential
  • Desirable
  • Nicety

If you don't think something is Essential, mark it off in one of the other two categories.

What I'm saying is that if you leave one of the questions blank you cannot complete the poll at all.

An answer needs to be provided for all 3 questions.

 

image.png.3ebf1d3b97628fe7e251ba3b2688cb0b.png

Edited by PJTierney
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

If you say so champ, I couldn’t care less either way. 

Then you are not fit to make community polls buddy.  End of story.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

What I'm saying is that if you leave one of the questions blank you cannot complete the poll at all.

An answer needs to be provided for all 3 questions.

 

image.png.3ebf1d3b97628fe7e251ba3b2688cb0b.png

Ohhhhhh, the game is perfect I see.

This poll is not for you. Please move on.

2 minutes ago, bn880 said:

Then you are not fit to make community polls buddy.  End of story.

You make me giggle, you really do.

This poll is not for you. Please move on.

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Disagree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a real piece of work you are,  "this poll is not for you".   Sure, two paying members and large community contributors are not to take your improperly designed poll because they want it to be a properly designed poll.  Do it right or don't do it at all.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, bn880 said:

What a real piece of work you are,  "this poll is not for you".   Sure, two paying members and large community contributors are not to take your improperly designed poll because they want it to be a properly designed poll.  Do it right or don't do it at all.

You know every time you flap your gums here you bump this thread and the poll get's more inputs?

They only thing it seems you want, mate, is an argument. The problem is you're not very good at it.

I generally only post when I have something useful to say, which is why I have more positive votes than I do actual posts. You're running at about -100... maybe you should take a second to think about that.

  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

You know every time you flap your gums here you bump this thread and the poll get's more inputs?

They only thing it seems you want, mate, is an argument. The problem is you're not very good at it.

I generally only post when I have something useful to say, which is why I have more positive votes than I do actual posts. You're running at about -100... maybe you should take a second to think about that.

You can post useful things without being so condescending and antagonistic about it. Multiple people have told you your attitude is unhelpful to good conversation, so maybe take a step back and consider this. Why do you think people are so often hostile towards you? The common factor here is you.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, afahoy said:

You can post useful things without being so condescending and antagonistic about it. Multiple people have told you your attitude is unhelpful to good conversation, so maybe take a step back and consider this. Why do you think people are so often hostile towards you? The common factor here is you.

There are three people who seem to have a consistent personal problem with me, @bn880, @afahoy and @Mike Dee. For a while @Rallystu2 and @ianism were piling on, but we seem to have sorted our differences. For some reason, you and your two buddies just can't accept that I might have coherent, compelling and well argued positions that actually help get results.

People aren't hostile to me, just you lot. You're the common factor.

You and your cohort have been here for literally months, I've been on CM forums for years - almost a decade. Take it from me, what is actually useful is when people rally together and lobby CMs to do their job. What is useless are posts like yours, sticking your two cents in to lecture me about "being nice". My default position is "being nice", if you extract anything else that's on you.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic - ignore the trolls people.

After 24HRs these are some of the intial results:

Essential Tier 1

  • 11.49% - Tyre wear adjustment
  • 10.34% - Force Feedback WIP
  • 10.34% - Lighting re-balance
  • 10.34% - AI re-balance

Essential Tier 2

  • 9.20% - Racenet offline options
  • 8.05% - Force Feedback FINAL
  • 8.05% - Increased TOD options
  • 6.90% - HDR fixed on console, added to PC.

Desirable Tier 1

  • 10.80% - Increase TOD options
  • 10.23% - Tyre wear adjustment
  • 10.23% - Fully customisable career mode

Desirable Tier 2

  • 9.09% - Force Feedback FINAL
  • 7.95% - Running order re-balance/customisation
  • 7.39% - HDR fixed on console, added to PC.
  • 6.25% - AI Re-balance

Nicety Tier 1

  • 16.43% - Photo mode
  • 15.71% - Save replays

Nicety Tier 2

  • 8.57% - Graphic toggle on console
  • 7.86% - Lighting re-balance
  • 6.43% - Running order re-balance/customisation
  • 5.71% - Increased TOD options
  • 5.71% - Analogue handbrake
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JesseDeya why am i mentioned? i haven't even read posted in this thread (though I did vote) and thus do not know what "piling on" you are referring to.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Ohhhhhh, the game is perfect I see.

This poll is not for you. Please move on.

It's not perfect; there are things I want to see but none of them are urgently required. 

This poll is not for me however, so I'll move on to a different thread.

 

 

If you want my "vote" however, here you go :classic_happy: :

Quote

 

Essential

  • -

 

Desirable

  • Photo Mode
  • Ability to download Tuning Setups from Leaderboards (not on your list).

 

Nicety

  • Tyre wear adjustment (also a percentage indicator instead of New/Used/Worn status)

 

 

 

Edited by PJTierney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Improved tarmac handling option is missing.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all about time of day options, it can't be beyond the realm of possibility to add some morning and afternoon options.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×