1. 1. Essential - This NEEDS to be in patch 1.4

• Force Feedback fix - "work in progress" version
    • Force Feedback fix - "final" version
    • Lighting re-balance - dark areas during daylight / impossibly dark nights
    • AI re-balance and/or enhanced difficulty options
    • Tyre wear adjusted to make selection strategy meaningful
    • Running order re-balanced / customisation options introduced
    • Graphic effects toggles on console
    • HDR fixed on console. HDR included on PC.
    • Photo Mode
    • Sequential vs H-Pattern auto-selection
    • Analogue handbrake fix
    • Resilience when Racenet unavailable. Results should not be forfeited.
    • Increased time-of-day options (several more per 24hrs).
    • Ability to save replays
    • Fully customisable events in Career mode (DR1 Custom Championship)
  2. 2. Desireable - I would like this in patch 1.4, but it could come in a later patch

• Photo Mode
    • Analogue handbrake fix
  3. 3. Nicety - I would like this in a patch, but can live with it never coming.

• Photo Mode
    • Analogue handbrake fix

On 4/21/2019 at 10:34 PM, ianism said:

actually, go check out historic championships in DR2. there's dawn and sunrise too, and daytime events can be in the morning (and it looks like morning). also, all of the different times of day (dusk, sunset, night, dawn, etc) can happen at different hours, like you can get a sunrise stage at 6am and another one at 7am.... and they look different, just like in Dirt 4. 

there aren't any more weather settings (I haven't kept a close check on whether there are more options for each time of day, but I think there aren't). but I do not understand why there aren't more times available outside of this one mode. possibly because the DLC locations only have the 'basic' 4 times of day at the moment?

anyways, I really, really want them to take the obvious next steps of bringing them to the other modes and adding more weather effects to the game and making each available at any time of day. it will improve replayability immensely, especially as we gradually get more and more locations to mess around with.

Honestly I haven't touched historic championships. I assumed they'd add these options to free play if they existed, so I just went off those. If they already exist, they need to be added to other modes. Career and free play would greatly benefit from having more time/weather variety. If they're in the game, why are certain modes so restricted? There's no reason other modes can't have dawn and sunrise along with any combination of time and weather.

But after looking at historic championship, it looks like while there's two more possible times, there's still only a few set combinations. All of the non-dawn/sunrise options still match the set combinations that exist in free play and my team.

CM, just put the dawn/sunrise times in other modes and allow for any combination of time and weather. It wouldn't require you to actually add anything or put much work in, and it would improve the game a ton by giving some much needed variety. It's incredible that you actually thought it was a good idea to restrict these. I could go ask a child whether it's better to have variety or needlessly restrictive settings and they'd say variety. Who made this decision?

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Clod22 said:

Honestly I haven't touched historic championships. I assumed they'd add these options to free play if they existed, so I just went off those. If they already exist, they need to be added to other modes. Career and free play would greatly benefit from having more time/weather variety. If they're in the game, why are certain modes so restricted? There's no reason other modes can't have dawn and sunrise along with any combination of time and weather.

But after looking at historic championship, it looks like while there's two more possible times, there's still only a few set combinations. All of the non-dawn/sunrise options still match the set combinations that exist in free play and my team.

CM, just put the dawn/sunrise times in other modes and allow for any combination of time and weather. It wouldn't require you to actually add anything or put much work in, and it would improve the game a ton by giving some much needed variety. It's incredible that you actually thought it was a good idea to restrict these. I could go ask a child whether it's better to have variety or needlessly restrictive settings and they'd say variety. Who made this decision?

Sorry but I have to disagree. The reason a child would want to have 'all things at all time' is exactly why it's not all available for Freeplay. Currently Freeplay allows us to choose any car, whether we have bought it or not, and any stage. With one or two options per stage on time of day and weather.

I personally prefer the career mode giving something you just don't always get by jumping onto freeplay, eg moonlight in Spain or other weather and time variations. Keeps up the motivation for career.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Sorry but I have to disagree. The reason a child would want to have 'all things at all time' is exactly why it's not all available for Freeplay. Currently Freeplay allows us to choose any car, whether we have bought it or not, and any stage. With one or two options per stage on time of day and weather.

I personally prefer the career mode giving something you just don't always get by jumping onto freeplay, eg moonlight in Spain or other weather and time variations. Keeps up the motivation for career.

Free play gives 6-10 options depending on location. Time trials are only 2, one dry and one wet, which is understandable. Career mode and custom championships should allow for much more variety.

• Agree 1

Oh sorry, you are referring to custom championships rather than time trials?

If so, I take back what I said. Custom championships could do with more variety (I haven't messed with those just yet).

• Agree 1

Right now, the biggest annoyances I run into constantly are the lack of auto-switching between sequential and h-pattern, and the wheel returning to center after I begin holding the handbrake for starts.  I play PC with a wheel and shifter so it's probably less important for people with different setups, but every time I switch cars I have to manually check what type of transmission it is and go into the settings to change it myself.  That gets annoying fast when trying out a bunch of cars in time trial or running through the historic championships where each category could be different. 

The other issue is if I crash and restart a stage without noticing my wheel is still turned, my wheel will only try to return to center after I start holding the handbrake to start the stage.  Since I don't have an external handbrake, this means I'm desperately trying to keep my finger on the button to avoid jumping the start while the wheel spins.  It would work so much better if it returned while the cutscene of the car rolling up to the start played, or before prompting the player to hold the handbrake.

Both of these things happen just often enough to be really frustrating and neither seems like it would be a huge amount of work to fix, so hopefully they get addressed soon.  I'd probably play more often once they do

Hi all, I just wanted to quickly chime in here say this poll's been really interesting, and we've had a meeting about some of the things specifically mentioned in it earlier today. Although it's a small sample size, and we also hold a lot of other data which we're using to inform stuff decision-making too, to see our most avid players' desires has been really valuable to us. Right now we're running out of time to squeeze additional things into 1.4, but for 1.5 and beyond we'll see what we can do priority-wise to address those top bugbears. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all, I just wanted to quickly chime in here say this poll's been really interesting, and we've had a meeting about some of the things specifically mentioned in it earlier today. Although it's a small sample size, and we also hold a lot of other data which we're using to inform stuff decision-making too, to see our most avid players' desires has been really valuable to us. Right now we're running out of time to squeeze additional things into 1.4, but for 1.5 and beyond we'll see what we can do priority-wise to address those top bugbears. 

Thank you.

Do you know if things like Spain tarmac physics are being looked into or is the focus on bugfixing for now?

37 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Thank you.

Do you know if things like Spain tarmac physics are being looked into or is the focus on bugfixing for now?

Right now the focus is on bug fixes and building our functionality - especially in the area of Clubs (which is almost ready for testing) and online MP (we're introducing human only MP lobbies)! But if we have any movements on refining tarmac, our community will be first to know. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 3

1. Better Co Piolts Warning in front of stones on the edge of the road and others as in dirt rally and dirt 4,the german co driver speaks a mix of german and english

2. Force Feedback the tracks feel all the same also on PS4 with Gamepad

3. no more Bluring on Standard PS4

2 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

@ChristinaMc Please don't forget the previous polls, they include some items not listed in this poll  https://www.strawpoll.me/17740794/r

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Right now the focus is on bug fixes and building our functionality - especially in the area of Clubs (which is almost ready for testing) and online MP (we're introducing human only MP lobbies)! But if we have any movements on refining tarmac, our community will be first to know. 🙂

Hi. Good to see that you fix bugs. Yet I still can notice the bug related to lighting (or shadows or damn knows what. After some time of seeing it I am confused.) or flag in Argentina (this one hung on rock). Today I started Career Mode. And I noticed something a bit weird. Right after finish the driver and co-driver seem to be angry like they lost while the co-driver says 'That's it. Championship win. Fantastic.' (to be more precise, event but also championship. Anyway, it is really won.). I am sure it is related to finish position of all drivers, not drivers in exact vehicle class. But isn't it funny?

I decided to make a comic about it as I have got a sense of humour. Personally, I find it funny. Maybe you will laugh at it too? 😉

Cheers!

1844653583_ComicDR2.0.thumb.jpg.6401e041d0f8bc3957d7b9e239b6f199.jpg975233086_DR2.0comic.thumb.png.8c2c2e4c752a0e37a7b7a0332463cc0b.png

3 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

I just have reminded something what is related to bugs, especially when it comes to current version of the game (v1.3). Sometimes co-driver calls are spoken twice on Sweden stages. Why???

14 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

@ChristinaMc Thanks for acknowledging, are you able to address what is and isn't going to make 1.4 with respect to the list below?

With respect to FFB we haven't had any new information since the last patch update - which told us almost nothing. Personally I've barely played the game since buying it (2 months!) because of this issue.

Update 3: After 10 days, quite a lot of new votes now and the results have shifted again...

A significant increase in demand for the FFB to be fixed. A temporary "Work in Progress" FFB fix is now the clear leader being requested as essential for patch 1.4 (13% of all essential votes).

Total Votes

Most votes across essential & desirable categories:

1. Tyre wear adjustment (72 votes)
  2. Force Feedback "FINAL" Fix (66 votes) *125 votes when combined with "FFB WIP"
  3. Lighting re-balance (63 votes)
  4. Force Feedback "WIP" Fix (59 votes) *125 votes when combined with "FFB FINAL"
  5. Increased Time of Day options (59 votes)
  6. AI re-balance (57 votes)

Most votes across all three categories:

1. Lighting re-balance (82 votes)
  2. Force Feedback "FINAL" Fix (78 votes) *147 votes when combined with "FFB WIP"
  3. Tyre wear adjustment (78 votes)
  4. Increased Time of Day options (78 votes)
  5. AI re-balance (72 votes)
  6. Fully customisable events in career mode (72 votes)
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, JesseDeya said:

@ChristinaMc Thanks for acknowledging, are you able to address what is and isn't going to make 1.4 with respect to the list below?

I will once the update's passed and has final patch notes. 🙂

37 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi. And what about co-driver. As I told yesterday, co-driver calls are spoken twice sometimes. I also reminded that there is one more issue related to this. Co-driver calls are muted, especially near the finish. Any chance to fix it? 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Loved the car model updates from the last patch. I notice these things :classic_wink: . Hope you have more of those in store.

Also, keep up with the epic sound updates, as they really add immersion and are of very high quality.

Edited by warpengage
Forgot to mention something.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Why you can´t tell anything about state of improving FFB?
Have you read DiRT twitter comments? You post some fancy pictures and everytime almost all comments is "when we get FFB".

So is it coming or not?

Give it time folks. If it gets rushed, we'll end up in the same place.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Give it time folks. If it gets rushed, we'll end up in the same place.

We ask information where are we going with this case, not assume it´s ready at tomorrow.
How long you want time before you dare to ask it from devs, year?
Many players awaited FFB is more like at DiRT 1, not DiRT 4 which it seems to be.

These multiple polls and hundreds of comment should give pretty clear picture what are most of us want, it´s not asked too much to get even some information of progress.

I want the FFB as much as you. But these questions have been asked dozens of times and it has already been said that once there's actually something to announce, they'll do it, it's in the works.

Had this game sat 6 more months under development, we'd get a much better product and it wouldn't have so much trouble selling.

• Agree 1

Well I´m not so optimistic that it´s even really under work, like Christina just said they are focusing for bugs (like fixing audio 3rd time...), not improving FFB...or maby there´s totally different team to do that, don´t know because of that totally radio silence.
If it really is coming, then maby they could estimate release month for that so is it at summer or at next christmas.

This monologue is frustrating.
If you looked to DiRT Twitter, there´s plenty of questions but not any answer...that is weird, if that channel is only for advertising why even give possibility to comment :classic_huh:

8 minutes ago, SimFunny said:

Well I´m not so optimistic that it´s even really under work, like Christina just said they are focusing for bugs (like fixing audio 3rd time...), not improving FFB...or maby there´s totally different team to do that, don´t know because of that totally radio silence.
If it really is coming, then maby they could estimate release month for that so is it at summer or at next christmas.

This monologue is frustrating.
If you looked to DiRT Twitter, there´s plenty of questions but not any answer...that is weird, if that channel is only for advertising why even give possibility to comment :classic_huh:

Penultimate paragraph of the first post.

"We’re also making some headway into tackling the FFB issues a lot of you have been discussing on our forums, channels and beyond. We’ll have more for you on that soon, but we just wanted to reassure you that it’s still top of our priority list and that we’re making progress."

English is not my motherlanguage, so what actually means "headway" ?
And what are FFB issues? Means missing FFB or what?
"...We’ll have more for you on that soon..." Soon means for me like weeks or month, what it means for makers of this game?