1. 1. Essential - This NEEDS to be in patch 1.4

• Force Feedback fix - "work in progress" version
    • Force Feedback fix - "final" version
    • Lighting re-balance - dark areas during daylight / impossibly dark nights
    • AI re-balance and/or enhanced difficulty options
    • Tyre wear adjusted to make selection strategy meaningful
    • Running order re-balanced / customisation options introduced
    • Graphic effects toggles on console
    • HDR fixed on console. HDR included on PC.
    • Photo Mode
    • Sequential vs H-Pattern auto-selection
    • Analogue handbrake fix
    • Resilience when Racenet unavailable. Results should not be forfeited.
    • Increased time-of-day options (several more per 24hrs).
    • Ability to save replays
    • Fully customisable events in Career mode (DR1 Custom Championship)
  2. 2. Desireable - I would like this in patch 1.4, but it could come in a later patch

• Photo Mode
    • Analogue handbrake fix
  3. 3. Nicety - I would like this in a patch, but can live with it never coming.

• Photo Mode
    • Analogue handbrake fix

50 minutes ago, SimFunny said:

"We’re also making some headway into tackling the FFB issues a lot of you have been discussing on our forums, channels and beyond. We’ll have more for you on that soon, but we just wanted to reassure you that it’s still top of our priority list and that we’re making progress."

English is not my motherlanguage, so what actually means "headway" ?
And what are FFB issues? Means missing FFB or what?
"...We’ll have more for you on that soon..." Soon means for me like weeks or month, what it means for makers of this game?

"headway" = "progress"

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

Penultimate paragraph of the first post.

That is a significant part of the problem - three weeks ago Christina told us that they were making headway, and they would have "more for you on that soon". Five weeks ago we were told "We’ll continue to keep you informed of our progress". We're also given platitudes like "you'll be the first to know", but when I ask a direct question above we get told "once the update's passed and has final patch notes" - which might as well mean "we have no intention of discussing our actual progress on this or any feature under development until several hours before they arrive in a patch".

@SimFunny seems to be frustrated by the lack of real communication, as am I. It's probably not @ChristinaMc preference to give us no information, I'm sure she her hands are tied by CM execs who are far too risk adverse to pander to the desires of a few hundred customers on social media, but either way it's a ****** way to treat people. Allegedly the handling team has been looking into/working on the FFB issue for close to two months now and we haven't had even the smallest detail discussed. They haven't even suggested better ways people might adjust their in-game settings to help in the meantime, it's been literally radio silence.

• Agree 7

What i would like to see is 

1. FOV settings on console version

2. Hotseat multiplayer championship

3. Less forgiving Hardcore Damage

• Agree 1

Let's not forget we are all in the same boat.

Posted (edited)

FFB is the priority 

overall the ffb is not bad, but the big problem is the road surface information, skating acceleration, braking ....
compared to the feeling in a real car, it's quite correct, but for the simracing, the only way to give the effect if the car loses adhesion, slips, derape from the front or back, it’s through the steering wheel, so the effects must be very pronounced in relation to reality to get all this information, otherwise it remains only the visual to master and understand his car and its reactions, which distances us from a simulation

PS4 (T300)

(Google translate)

Edited by GregPit81
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

For me the dark shaded areas are a major issue, to the point where I’ve stopped playing the career, I’m on Xbox one x with a hdr tv and the shaded areas in places like New Zealand are like driving at night with no lights!!

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Evo8uk said:

For me the dark shaded areas are a major issue, to the point where I’ve stopped playing the career, I’m on Xbox one x with a hdr tv and the shaded areas in places like New Zealand are like driving at night with no lights!!

Same here. XB1X with 4K HDR. It’s horrible in the shaded areas. The headlights (when they work depending on the car), don’t do jack.

Three patches in and lighting has been addressed, yet this remains a persistent issue.

Nothing is shocking me anymore, it’s just ‘we’re working on it’, and BTW, buy this content in the meantime.

The lack of FFB updates is really burning my arse. How far away are we...weeks, months? Is it being rolled out to people to test? If so, how long will that take and then I assume additional tweaks will be needed after feedback is compiled and reviewed/decided upon etc. Must be a complete rewrite, in which case - good. That said, please give us something to chew on in the meantime...be transparent with your community, and they will reciprocate in kind by supporting content purchases and promoting positive ‘word of mouth’ to help the game pick up the audience it’s either already turned away, or those who have been reluctant to buy the game based on all the poor social media murmurings.

Come on Codemasters, in no other context or business environment would this lack of customer support be tolerated or sustained, those who support you deserve better. They’re only words, so give us some, appease our need to feel as though you care, small gestures = strong loyalties.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Same here. XB1X with 4K HDR. It’s horrible in the shaded areas. The headlights (when they work depending on the car), don’t do jack.

Three patches in and lighting has been addressed, yet this remains a persistent issue.

Nothing is shocking me anymore, it’s just ‘we’re working on it’, and BTW, buy this content in the meantime.

The lack of FFB updates is really burning my arse. How far away are we...weeks, months? Is it being rolled out to people to test? If so, how long will that take and then I assume additional tweaks will be needed after feedback is compiled and reviewed/decided upon etc. Must be a complete rewrite, in which case - good. That said, please give us something to chew on in the meantime...be transparent with your community, and they will reciprocate in kind by supporting content purchases and promoting positive ‘word of mouth’ to help the game pick up the audience it’s either already turned away, or those who have been reluctant to buy the game based on all the poor social media murmurings.

Come on Codemasters, in no other context or business environment would this lack of customer support be tolerated or sustained, those who support you deserve better. They’re only words, so give us some, appease our need to feel as though you care, small gestures = strong loyalties.

These things have been mentioned numerous times by now. I myself pointed out several times (and pretty early as well) how a good customer-relationship can be beneficial when the times are not so bright (like now with Dirt Rally 2.0). That this lack of information/dialogue is one of the reasons why the customers became so critical. But it won´t change. It´s the same kind of responses we had back with Dirt 4. The phrase "huge undertaking" was used back then as well; in DR 2.0 it´s the FFB and the AI-Times that are a "huge undertaking", in Dirt 4 it was the sticky rear-end (which end-result we all know.......).

Maybe something that gets dictated by the higher-ups once again. Maybe the same people who decided to release the game too early. If that´s the case I can only say you higher ups did one hell of a job for Dirt Rally 2.0 and Codemasters as a whole........

Edited by Civarello
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Civarello said:

...It´s the same kind of responses we had back with Dirt 4...

Was there promises like with this one? Empy promises after all?
They said FFB is top priority and is under work, so if we never get fix for it, that´s lying, someone could say even betrayal.
Paid 15euros for DR1, full price for DR2 Deluxe...I think that was first and last title from Codemaster to buy at release date.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:01 AM, Jake Cushing said:

Sorry but I have to disagree. The reason a child would want to have 'all things at all time' is exactly why it's not all available for Freeplay. Currently Freeplay allows us to choose any car, whether we have bought it or not, and any stage. With one or two options per stage on time of day and weather.

I personally prefer the career mode giving something you just don't always get by jumping onto freeplay, eg moonlight in Spain or other weather and time variations. Keeps up the motivation for career.

I read a user review of a game on xbox store and this person was complaining that the game was too difficult and as a result was denying him access to levels that he'd paid for and should be allowed to play!.. Damn, if this is the way it works then Williams, Namco, Taito and all those other bygone companies owe me a shed load of 10p pieces.

Modern day gamers aren't driven by incentives.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/24/2019 at 5:01 AM, Jake Cushing said:

Sorry but I have to disagree. The reason a child would want to have 'all things at all time' is exactly why it's not all available for Freeplay. Currently Freeplay allows us to choose any car, whether we have bought it or not, and any stage. With one or two options per stage on time of day and weather.

I personally prefer the career mode giving something you just don't always get by jumping onto freeplay, eg moonlight in Spain or other weather and time variations. Keeps up the motivation for career.

12 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

I read a user review of a game on xbox store and this person was complaining that the game was too difficult and as a result was denying him access to levels that he'd paid for and should be allowed to play!.. Damn, if this is the way it works then Williams, Namco, Taito and all those other bygone companies owe me a shed load of 10p pieces.

Modern day gamers aren't driven by incentives.....

i remember in the past games where a LOT more difficult and challenging. now  the majority of games are idiotproof............ i guess that's because society progressively become more and more  spineless and want to be spoon-fed  😂

• Agree 1

On 4/28/2019 at 4:16 PM, Buckwilder said:

On 4/28/2019 at 7:34 PM, Civarello said:

These things have been mentioned numerous times by now. I myself pointed out several times (and pretty early as well) how a good customer-relationship can be beneficial when the times are not so bright (like now with Dirt Rally 2.0). That this lack of information/dialogue is one of the reasons why the customers became so critical. But it won´t change. It´s the same kind of responses we had back with Dirt 4. The phrase "huge undertaking" was used back then as well; in DR 2.0 it´s the FFB and the AI-Times that are a "huge undertaking", in Dirt 4 it was the sticky rear-end (which end-result we all know.......).

Maybe something that gets dictated by the higher-ups once again. Maybe the same people who decided to release the game too early. If that´s the case I can only say you higher ups did one hell of a job for Dirt Rally 2.0 and Codemasters as a whole........

And here I was in February thinking I would be playing this on my Rift by June or July.

I forgot the Codemaster's way, more fool me!

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2019 at 7:16 AM, Buckwilder said:

What really annoys me is the fact codemasters have made no mention of ever acknowledging the dark/shaded issue yet made some changes in the last patch and still never mentioned it in the patch notes, there communication with the community leaves a lot to be desired, I just don’t understand there lack of transparency with issues!

• Agree 3

Hi, it's outrageous to take people for what are not! A game released and not finished yet !!!
And if we put up a petition for deception on the game Dirt Rally 2, it's still more than 2 months that the game is out and still nothing FFB!
In addition no dialogue on the part of Codemaster on this subject !!!
I have the game for over 2 months, I do not play and I spent 60 € in the void!
I say, put up a petition because it is not normal!
A stroke of presence you will do good Codemaster?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SimRacingRUN said:

Hi, it's outrageous to take people for what are not! A game released and not finished yet !!!
And if we put up a petition for deception on the game Dirt Rally 2, it's still more than 2 months that the game is out and still nothing FFB!
In addition no dialogue on the part of Codemaster on this subject !!!
I have the game for over 2 months, I do not play and I spent 60 € in the void!
I say, put up a petition because it is not normal!
A stroke of presence you will do good Codemaster?

This is false, there's been plenty of dialogue about FFB. Just check the roadbook topics and patch notes.

Anyway, here you go https://old.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/bj4kk4/its_about_time_that/em7thjg/

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

This is false, there's been plenty of dialogue about FFB. Just check the roadbook topics and patch notes.

Anyway, here you go https://old.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/bj4kk4/its_about_time_that/em7thjg/

In his defence, it's not easy to find anything of actual substance, and the one meaty post from Christina is fading away on Reddit and in a forum thread here. It should be a roadbook post, and it should have prize of place for people coming to the site... but I can guess why it isn't.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Come on then Jesse, tell us your guess.

Sigh. Nothing we haven't discussed before. CM, for all their positives, don't seem to be a company who are comfortable with public facing self-deprecation. They consider themselves a AAA studio, with a well storied and duly awarded history, and perhaps above the kind of humble honesty you see out of other studios that still have to prove themselves.

There is a certain stubbornness that exists in CMs, I've observed it for around a decade now, that for the lay observer goes unnoticed, but for the repeat customer/fan becomes undeniably real.

You've been here (at least on this version of the forums) as long as I have, you must know it to be true. There is no way CMs put this kind of 'bad press' where it can easily be found.

Things have improved however, I still remember the days - years ago - when whole post were removed, months of conversation deleted, because someone at CMs didn't like the narrative. I haven't seen that in a while, thankfully.

• Agree 2

Codies aren't always the most vocal of devs, their presence on the forum has always depended on the forums mood. If the forum is hostile, they don't post much, who can blame them? I don't. There's been some awful stuff posted on here since DR2.0 came out.

It happens with every new game, there's always a wave of angry posts from angry players, angry that their favourite thing was removed. But this one has been the worst yet. We've got people claiming to have been fans of the game since forever complaining non stop about the FFB not being ready, but if they'd been been here during the Early Access period of DiRT Rally they'd know it took months to release the V2 FFB and all Codies said about it at the time was "We are aware and are looking into it".

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Codies aren't always the most vocal of devs, their presence on the forum has always depended on the forums mood. If the forum is hostile, they don't post much, who can blame them? I don't. There's been some awful stuff posted on here since DR2.0 came out.

I’m specifically talking not talking about the forums in this case, I’m saying their communication should have been earlier, more transparent and front of house.

While we’re on it however, the mood of the forum is their own doing, and they alone have the power and responsibility to shape it. Most toxicity here has actually evolved from the dismissive attitude of several of the ‘fans’, (many who have only turned up this year with Dirt Rally 2) particular toward other players with genuine gripes. In the void left by CMs inaction and defeating silence people start turning on each other. 

Even as a ‘moderator’ you’re no better, what was the intent of your question above if not to incite yet another argument?

It happens with every new game, there's always a wave of angry posts from angry players, angry that their favourite thing was removed. But this one has been the worst yet.

Again, that is universally dismissive of all the genuine, well reasoned and justifiable complaints from paying customers. If you can’t separate the two I can’t help you, but I thought you might be able to manage it by now. 

The fact this ‘is the worst yet’ (for an otherwise pretty good game) should be a hint that in between all the vitriol there might be some fundamental flaws that desperately need addressing - not just FFB, there is a whole laundry list of genuine issues various people have, some of which have never been even acknowledged by CM (tyre wear and AI times two that spring to mind). 

We've got people claiming to have been fans of the game since forever complaining non stop about the FFB not being ready, but if they'd been been here during the Early Access period of DiRT Rally they'd know it took months to release the V2 FFB and all Codies said about it at the time was "We are aware and are looking into it".

This is the second time you’ve made an obvious inference toward me but not had the decency to actually do it. 

To be clear, I was a day one backer of DR in EA and remember it quite vividly. Most didn’t need to be vocal on the forums because there was ample front facing communication from the devs, including hours long streams on YouTube. 

And no, it didn’t take months to work on the DR1 FFB, it took six weeks, and that was a complete overhaul of the system - with good communication along the way.

We’re now what, ten (?) weeks past the release of DR2 and resolution is at best still weeks or months away. 

• Agree 1

The original question was: What matters to YOU?

Well, for me first of all the basics. The absolute real basics:

- Racenet is currently down (at least for me, meantime I am connected to xbox live, my net is 1.000mbit). So this shiny game in totally unplayable for me currently. This should never happen. The racenet should run 24/24, for everybody.

- Some achievements for some of us are still broken. Please fix these cheevos ASAP: Watch the DELTA, Living the Dream, Adaptable.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

While we’re on it however, the mood of the forum is their own doing, and they alone have the power and responsibility to shape it. Most toxicity here has actually evolved from the dismissive attitude of several of the ‘fans’, (many who have only turned up this year with Dirt Rally 2) particular toward other players with genuine gripes. In the void left by CMs inaction and defeating silence people start turning on each other. 

I totally disagree. Also blaming everything on Codies is too easy. The false statements, exaggerations and the incredible polemics led me to reply and object. I'm a fellow gamer but I can't go that route. We can voice our concerns and report issues, that helps to make the game better. Polemics don't. The only way to be heard and have a conversation here with Codies is the respectful and sensible way. Basically the complete opposite of your approach. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, richie said:

I totally disagree. Also blaming everything on Codies is too easy. The false statements, exaggerations and the incredible polemics led me to reply and object. I'm a fellow gamer but I can't go that route. We can voice our concerns and report issues, that helps to make the game better. Polemics don't. The only way to be heard and have a conversation here with Codies is the respectful and sensible way. Basically the complete opposite of your approach. 

As someone who uses the term polemic every second post, I would hope you realise the irony of what you have constructed here.

A polemic (/pəˈlɛmɪk/) is contentious rhetoric that is intended to support a specific position by aggressive claims and undermining of the opposing position.

I totally disagree.

The false statements, exaggerations and the incredible polemics....

The only way to be heard and have a conversation here with Codies is....

Basically the complete opposite of your approach. 

Nice work.

• Agree 1

Nice try, maybe next time. It appears questioning yourself is not your strength, instead you like to twist things a lot, and construct. 

On 4/26/2019 at 10:50 AM, SimFunny said:

We ask information where are we going with this case, not assume it´s ready at tomorrow.
How long you want time before you dare to ask it from devs, year?
Many players awaited FFB is more like at DiRT 1, not DiRT 4 which it seems to be.

These multiple polls and hundreds of comment should give pretty clear picture what are most of us want, it´s not asked too much to get even some information of progress.

Some people even expected working FFB at games release!