1. 1. Essential - This NEEDS to be in patch 1.4

• Force Feedback fix - "work in progress" version
    • Force Feedback fix - "final" version
    • Lighting re-balance - dark areas during daylight / impossibly dark nights
    • AI re-balance and/or enhanced difficulty options
    • Tyre wear adjusted to make selection strategy meaningful
    • Running order re-balanced / customisation options introduced
    • Graphic effects toggles on console
    • HDR fixed on console. HDR included on PC.
    • Photo Mode
    • Sequential vs H-Pattern auto-selection
    • Analogue handbrake fix
    • Resilience when Racenet unavailable. Results should not be forfeited.
    • Increased time-of-day options (several more per 24hrs).
    • Ability to save replays
    • Fully customisable events in Career mode (DR1 Custom Championship)
  2. 2. Desireable - I would like this in patch 1.4, but it could come in a later patch

• Photo Mode
    • Analogue handbrake fix
  3. 3. Nicety - I would like this in a patch, but can live with it never coming.

• Photo Mode
    • Analogue handbrake fix

15 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Most toxicity here has actually evolved from the dismissive attitude of several of the ‘fans’, (many who have only turned up this year with Dirt Rally 2) particular toward other players with genuine gripes.

A rewording of

19 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

It happens with every new game, there's always a wave of angry posts from angry players, angry that their favourite thing was removed.

Again, that is universally dismissive of all the genuine, well reasoned and justifiable complaints from paying customers.

I haven't got a problem with genuine, well reasoned and justifiable complaints from paying customers. That's how the game improves.

The fact this ‘is the worst yet’ (for an otherwise pretty good game) should be a hint that in between all the vitriol there might be some fundamental flaws that desperately need addressing - not just

I wasn't talking about comments about the game, I was talking about insults aimed at staff, and the general attitude of new members.

This is the second time you’ve made an obvious inference toward me but not had the decency to actually do it.

That FFB comment wan't aimed at you. TBH, I don't know what your gripe is, I don't pay close enough attention to what you're complaining about to know. I just notice the aggression in your posts and the fact that you argue with a lot of people. The first inference towards you wasn't done out of any indecency, it was done in the hopes that you would realise that I was talking about you and think about how you word your posts without me having to publicly warn you about your post content. If you would like an official warning for aggressive posting, feel free to let me know.

And no, it didn’t take months to work on the DR1 FFB, it took six weeks, and that was a complete overhaul of the system - with good communication along the way.

So you understand that reworking the FFB takes at least 6 weeks and a complete overhaul of the system, but you don't understand that the same people posting over and over about the FFB doesn't speed up the process? Ok. The FFB wasn't worked on straight after release, while working on other bugs. Most bugs had been sorted out by then, and we still got cars that turn in the air. Maybe, just maybe, Codies are trying to release of version that doesn't add new bugs to the system this time.

16 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Even as a ‘moderator’ you’re no better, what was the intent of your question above if not to incite yet another argument?

It wasn't to start an arguement, it more in resignation, as in.... "What are you arguing about today Jesse? sigh... here we go again..."

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What do we want?
Are you big fun at Codemaster or what?
We simply want the FFB first, a simulation game without FFB is not a simulation game, lol, and it does not need to ask people what they want!
I tell you that you have made us a game without FFB and the problem is us and not you?
Where is the world going?
This game should never have been released two months ago ...
So petition or not?
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SimRacingRUN said:

What do we want?
Are you big fun at Codemaster or what?
We simply want the FFB first, a simulation game without FFB is not a simulation game, lol, and it does not need to ask people what they want!
I tell you that you have made us a game without FFB and the problem is us and not you?
Where is the world going?
This game should never have been released two months ago ...
So petition or not?

If you don't have FFB try connecting your wheel to your PC/console.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Top speed 20 km / h in Argentina. Events Group B must come to an end otherwise Codemasters makes a fool of himself
That needs to be patched

7 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

I haven't got a problem with genuine, well reasoned and justifiable complaints from paying customers. That's how the game improves.

So why do you have a problem with me? That has been my modus operandi since release. The fact that I also accurately characterise Codemasters corporate attitude along the way seems to be what irks some of you. It's not a personal attack on the development team, it never has been. When it comes to communication I do hold the PR arm of CMs to task (as do most people) because that is a huge part of their job - communicating with customers - but I don't recall ever insulting them.

That FFB comment wan't aimed at you. TBH, I don't know what your gripe is, I don't pay close enough attention to what you're complaining about to know. I just notice the aggression in your posts and the fact that you argue with a lot of people. The first inference towards you wasn't done out of any indecency, it was done in the hopes that you would realise that I was talking about you and think about how you word your posts without me having to publicly warn you about your post content. If you would like an official warning for aggressive posting, feel free to let me know.

So:

• You don't pay specific attention to what I post, but you somehow think my content isn't of the genuine, well reasoned and justifiable kind? Hint: You're posting in my thread, one of the most viewed and useful in this forum right now.
  • You also state I'm aggressive, despite citing no evidence. If you like, I can compile for you the list of childish insults that have been levied against me (by those very same new members) without similar retort from me.

More than happy with an official warning if you think it's justified, at least then I would have as clue as what you consider aggressive. Kind of an interesting stance though considering my approval rating here vastly exceeds my post count... I must be doing something right.

So you understand that reworking the FFB takes at least 6 weeks and a complete overhaul of the system, but you don't understand that the same people posting over and over about the FFB doesn't speed up the process? Ok. The FFB wasn't worked on straight after release, while working on other bugs. Most bugs had been sorted out by then, and we still got cars that turn in the air. Maybe, just maybe, Codies are trying to release of version that doesn't add new bugs to the system this time.

Is that an example of aggression, or are you just trying to belittle my intelligence to make yourself feel better?

Your strawman here isn't particularly effective, you claimed it took months, I corrected your account of history. No matter which way you spin it DR 1.0 FFB was overhauled inside the first six weeks. I can't see DR 2.0 FFB being addressed inside of three months - that's important to the health of a new game. I want this game to succeed as much as the next fan - that why I lobby for the issues I think are important.

It wasn't to start an arguement, it more in resignation, as in.... "What are you arguing about today Jesse? sigh... here we go again..."

I thought you didn't pay attention to what I post about? I find your generalisations of my conduct inaccurate, insulting and beneath the position of a moderator. People should be free to discuss this game here without persecution, most of all from moderators. There are some straight up bat-**** crazy posts here that go by without a modicum of moderation, and yet you chose me of all people to target. Baffling.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, richie said:

If you don't have FFB try connecting your wheel to your PC/console.

Hey, do you have a problem guy?
I have more than 20 years of simulation behind me and you tell me to connect my steering wheel to my PC?
I'll tell you back to your poor man ...
Meanwhile Codemasters delivered us a game without FFB and more than that they allowed themselves to sell us a game not finished.
We are not pigeons to what I know and their way of doing and saving time is badly honest, period.
With Youtubeurs French we are setting up a petition, to follow ... 

By the way, before telling me stupid things, what are you doing ?
Here is mine :

12.thumb.jpg.808e59af39f35a35ab83d1665aaa066c.jpg

Edited by SimRacingRUN
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

So, french youtubers are setting up a petition :classic_laugh: Are you directing it at Macron or directly at Theresa May? Btw, If the 'petition' is about getting DR2.0 to become the official WRC game, where can I sign it? 

Edited by richie
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

So why do you have a problem with me? That has been my modus operandi since release. The fact that I also accurately characterise Codemasters corporate attitude along the way seems to be what irks some of you. It's not a personal attack on the development team, it never has been. When it comes to communication I do hold the PR arm of CMs to task (as do most people) because that is a huge part of their job - communicating with customers - but I don't recall ever insulting them.

So:

• You don't pay specific attention to what I post, but you somehow think my content isn't of the genuine, well reasoned and justifiable kind? Hint: You're posting in my thread, one of the most viewed and useful in this forum right now.
  • You also state I'm aggressive, despite citing no evidence. If you like, I can compile for you the list of childish insults that have been levied against me (by those very same new members) without similar retort from me.

More than happy with an official warning if you think it's justified, at least then I would have as clue as what you consider aggressive. Kind of an interesting stance though considering my approval rating here vastly exceeds my post count... I must be doing something right.

Is that an example of aggression, or are you just trying to belittle my intelligence to make yourself feel better?

Your strawman here isn't particularly effective, you claimed it took months, I corrected your account of history. No matter which way you spin it DR 1.0 FFB was overhauled inside the first six weeks. I can't see DR 2.0 FFB being addressed inside of three months - that's important to the health of a new game. I want this game to succeed as much as the next fan - that why I lobby for the issues I think are important.

I thought you didn't pay attention to what I post about? I find your generalisations of my conduct inaccurate, insulting and beneath the position of a moderator. People should be free to discuss this game here without persecution, most of all from moderators. There are some straight up bat-**** crazy posts here that go by without a modicum of moderation, and yet you chose me of all people to target. Baffling.

I didn't choose you Jesse, you brought yourself to my attention, big difference.

I never said you had insulted Codies, I said new forum members had, again big difference.

My problem with you is that nearly every thread I am called to involves you. Yes, people report thread content to me and I have to come and check it out, and you are there somewhere, fighting a fight that would have died out if you stayed out of it, or left out that last comment that you felt you just had to add to make yourself feel like you just won the internet for the day.

I'm not interested in which side of any disagreement you are involved in, I'm just as disinterested in the other point of view. I'm interested in the tone of the posts and their effect on the forum.

As you point out, I'm a moderater, my job is to moderate the forum.

https://careertrend.com/how-5385368-become-chat-room-moderator.html

"Typically a job as a chat room moderator entails making sure that newcomers feel welcome and are enjoying their stay in the chat room. You want to make sure that they return. Your job could mean answering questions, greeting newcomers or even making sure that vulgar language is not used on the chat board. Your biggest job will probably be to make sure all those chatting are tolerant of others and show respect to each other."

Here I am, telling the person I'm being called to moderate most often, moderate your responses. If you don't I will be forced to do it for you, and believe it or not, I don't want to have to do that.

As you want to know about posting rules and regulations, click on the link below.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

That clears a lot up, thanks.

These Forum Rules of our message board can easily be summed up with this statement:

‘You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law. You agree not to post any copyright protected material unless the copyright protected material is owned by you.’

So clearly no issues here.

These Forum Rules are clear and Codemasters’ Community Team does enforce them. However, these Forum Rules do not preclude a good debate, argument or some witty banter. We are more than happy for people to discuss matters on the Forum which will raise strong opinions, just don't ever express your opinions in an abusive or overly aggressive tone. High spirits are fine, abuse is not.

I'm still not seeing any issue - this describes, almost perfectly, the content of most of my posts.

What is clear to me now is that people have been abusing the report post feature rather than engage in "good debate, argument or some witty banter". 

15 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

My problem with you is that nearly every thread I am called to involves you. Yes, people report thread content to me and I have to come and check it out, and you are there somewhere, fighting a fight that would have died out if you stayed out of it, or left out that last comment that you felt you just had to add to make yourself feel like you just won the internet for the day.

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming. Is the private message system broken or are you actually obliged to provoke users first? 🤣

Not sure we have the same understanding of how debate works, but usually it doesn't involve protagonists with strong arguments simply "staying out of it" for an unspecified reason. People that have opinions different to yours also have a right of reply - especially when they are being directly challenged. So long as they stick to the guidelines above I honestly can't see what the problem is.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Let's not turn this topic into an arm wrestling game. The nature of this thread is very important and relevant, and we should be focused on its objective.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

Let's not turn this topic into an arm wrestling game. The nature of this thread is very important and relevant, and we should be focused on its objective.

Thank you. Agreed.

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

btw, any hints of the date of next patch? 🤔

22 Feb - Release Date

23 Feb - Patch 1.1 (btw, go and look at how many FFB complaints there are on day one... 77 days ago.)

20 Mar - Patch 1.2

26 Mar - Patch 1.21 (hotfix)

16 Apr - Patch 1.3

So by the magical laws of internet intimation, maybe next week, maybe the week after.

Patch 1.5 might therefore arrive mid-June, which interestingly is about the window where we expect VR to be delivered.

Edited by JesseDeya

You seem to have missed this part out of your quote train

"Content Standards

These content standards apply to each part of a Forum as well as to its whole. The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. Codemasters Community Team will determine, in its discretion, whether a Thread, Comment or Posting breaches the content standards:

You will not partake in personal arguments with other members of the community on the forums. If you have problems with other members either resolve your issues in private via PM or email, or use the "Ignore" feature of the bulletin board system in order to ignore that person.

You will not purposely provoke other people in order to start arguments, also known as "Trolling"

5 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

btw, any hints of the date of next patch? 🤔

Next week, then ffb patch week after

• Agree 2