Please solve the fuzzy graphic on xbox One / S

Posted (edited)

This is hard for the devs, because Xbox One and S has even less graphics power than the base PS4 and other games on the console are running at 900x500 or similar resolution too, like Battlefield 5. You can watch graphics comparisons for different consoles with the same game on the DigitalFoundry YouTube channel about this. Sadly Dirt Rally 2.0 is not the only game that looks blurry or pixelated. This console is nearing it's end...

Edited by Lollerke

seems like this happened with the 1.3 update. if so, expect a fix as soon as possible

15 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

@ianismI hope it is as you say but I doubt it since there was no patch in the notes:classic_sleep: 

j'ai pas compris. je demandais si cette problème est qqch de nouveau. si oui, il y aura un fix bientôt (comme la semaine prochaine peut être). sinon, on verra... ceux du PS4 ont étés améliorés aujourd'hui sans aucune signe de codemasters...

Posted (edited)

Its not in the patch notes because its not in this patch.

And In fact Thierry already knew this from another thread, where they clearly stated it being in the works but unfortunately might not make it in this patch due to the time it takes to correct this.... the same thing goes for FFB. next patch.  this is just another beggin and whining thread, please stop that.

Edited by thatDutchguy83
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thierry97 said:

So it will never be fixed ??? @Lollerke

I don't know, but it is harder and definitely takes more time than on other consoles, which are more powerful. I think fixing this comes with other graphics effects looking a little worse, so developers have to find the perfect balance for the best possible picture quality.

Edited by Lollerke

@thatDutchguy83 first the graphics would have had to solve it in this patch but so it was not, but I fear that at this point we have to wait for the next patch:classic_sleep:

I have a fix for you

Buy an Xbox One X, and stop spamming the forum with something that’s not fixable due to the limitations of the console you own

• Disagree 3

5 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

I have a fix for you

Buy an Xbox One X, and stop spamming the forum with something that’s not fixable due to the limitations of the console you own

Easy killer. Not everyone has $500 to spend on a new console to fix an issue that shouldn’t be present to begin with. If it plays on XB1 original or S, then it should be optimized accordingly for whatever version of the console you own. I own the X before you think I am just a bleeding heart...your post is harsh. The game is the issue, not the version of console. Period.

• Agree 4

11 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

I have a fix for you

It's all about optimisation, if you have a weaker PC, you can run this game at low settings, which looks like this:

On standard PS4 (and xbox, I presume), the game looks more like the picture on the right, but it is quite blurry. A lot of people would prefer less details, but more sharpness, simply because it makes driving easier. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Edit: I didn't have '4k mode' selected!!

On the Xbox One X, it is now magnificent, and super sharp!

Even with just a HD tv, not 4k, be sure to have 4k mode enabled. It looks so much better! Presume it's the same on the One S.

Edited by Jake Cushing

7 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

the x is very well visible is only the S and the standard that you see blurred:classic_sleep: @Buckwilder 

Yes I am aware. I am saying that it should look (be optimized), across all versions, not only the X. I have an X so for me it is a non issue. My post was in defence of you after MattyH’s comment about buying an X to resolve the issue. People should not have to buy a new console to enjoy the game! 🙂

• Agree 2

It comes down to 'why' it is blurry. No one seems to know this.

If it's a bug then it should be fixed. If it's a poor settings choice from Codies - like maybe poor AA implementation, poor motion blur or some other setting that could be adjusted to improve image clarity then Codies probably should consider adjusting it. 

But, if it's a result of tech. limitations of the Xbox S - like 720p/900p - and possibly cheap AA/AF - due to limitations of the S - then there's really not much Codies can do.

Posted (edited)

Performance on the One S is unacceptable. The fps drops and stutters are so distracting and annoying. I know Codies are not the only one, but if devs can't provide the same gameplay for all platforms, then they shouldn't release the game for that particular platforms that they can't properly optimize their software for. Due to hardware limitations, lack of resources or talent, whatever. Shame because it's not a level playing field now. Playing on the stutter-fest One S against the other guys. And no it's not so enyojable in singleplayer either.... 😞

Edited by Balazsryche
  • Agree 2

On 4/18/2019 at 4:34 AM, Jake Cushing said:

@Thierry97 Want to fix your graphics on the Xbox One S? (or X)

Go into game preferences, switch '4K mode' to 'ON'.

Xbox One S and the OG Xbox One cannot output in 4K and don't have a 4K mode in the settings. The game barely runs on One/S already, there's no way a 4K mode could work.

• Agree 2

Oh, I see. Only the X, then.

But those who have the X, and are using a standard HD television, should most definitely check the 4k mode option.

As for the One and S, I'm sure there will be further optimisations coming soon.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:18 PM, Balazsryche said:

Performance on the One S is unacceptable. The fps drops and stutters are so distracting and annoying. I know Codies are not the only one, but if devs can't provide the same gameplay for all platforms, then they shouldn't release the game for that particular platforms that they can't properly optimize their software for. Due to hardware limitations, lack of resources or talent, whatever. Shame because it's not a level playing field now. Playing on the stutter-fest One S against the other guys. And no it's not so enyojable in singleplayer either.... 😞

I am on original xb1 and dnt suffer what you described, although there is slight framerate drops qnd the odd screen tear but nothing to stop play. I did however disable cortana and noticed in general, things run a little better on xb1.