Please solve the fuzzy graphic on xbox One / S

PJTierney

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/06/the-dirt-roadbook-june-28-2019/

DiRT Rally 2.0 is a great-looking game, and one that aims to deliver a high performance across all platforms. Sadly however not all platforms have the same capabilities and sometimes compromises have to be made. A common point of feedback is the performance of the game on base-level Xbox One and PlayStation 4, where the resolution is lower than that’s achievable on Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Steam. There’s been a bit of discussion about this on the forums but I felt it best to give the “lay of the land” and help clarify some things:

• DiRT Rally 2.0 is designed to run at 60fps on console when driving (replays are 30fps).
  • The driving experience is the most important part of the game and ensuring that is as smooth as possible is the game’s priority.
  • In order to achieve this the base consoles use dynamic resolution scaling (other games do this too), as they cannot always reliably hit 1080p/60fps while running DiRT Rally 2.0.
  • This is especially notable on base Xbox One.
  • Sometimes in more complicated scenarios (like when there are lots of effects or complicated objects on the screen) this means the resolution will decrease in order to retain the framerate.
  • A 1080p/30fps option is not available as the performance of some physics elements are tied to the framerate, and locking that to 30 would cause additional issues.
  • As this is a core part of how the game functions, an update in the future is highly unlikely.

On a related note some PS4 Pro users have reported seeing an improvement in visual quality after recent updates. The team has been in touch and it turns out there was a PS4 Pro performance update in Version 1.3 which wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes. In short, the PS4 Pro version of DiRT Rally 2.0 now runs at 1440p, instead of the 1080p of earlier versions. The Xbox One X version has been capable of running at 2160p (4K) since launch.

Message added by PJTierney

It depends on why it is blurry. Without seeing or playing it on Xbox S I can't tell, but I'd guess it's the antialiasing which is being used to mask a really noisy/low res image. So removing what's causing the blurriness will not result in a sharp image.

1 hour ago, Thierry97 said:

Despite the update the graphics do not change, Absurd !!!:classic_angry:

And screen tearing still not fixed too. After 4th update!!!

Just WOW. I'm done.

I'll play wrc 7 and dirt rally 1.0 instead.

at the end of the day they keep on updating the game but what we want them to solve never solve it, and they don't even hear you, This is a serious thing, Seeing the blurred game is not stupid, And it should be the first thing to be solved  .:classic_angry: @Dementiy

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

at the end of the day they keep on updating the game but what we want them to solve never solve it, and they don't even hear you, This is a serious thing, Seeing the blurred game is not stupid, And it should be the first thing to be solved  .:classic_angry: @Dementiy

I agree 100%. Most of the console sold are old version...

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, watzcoc said:

just wondering how Xbox One S version is in 1440p mode, is it any clearer?

Did you mean Xbox X?

On 5/14/2019 at 4:47 PM, watzcoc said:

just wondering how Xbox One S version is in 1440p mode, is it any clearer?

Xbox One S doesn't have a 1440p mode. It isn't powerful enough.

guys I do not lose hope, continue with sti dlc but the graphics are forced to fix it absolutely:classic_angry:

• Agree 1

Guys were there any further suggestions to improve the graphics on xbox one?! I was shocked by the game when I first got it as the graphics are horrendous.. I messaged codies via facebook and never had a reply. I have purchased all the Dirt games right from first Colin Mcrae Rally and feel let down. You can see from my screenshot the graphics are like PS3 and I have the latest update

52872273_2100669863348724_1623553957794152448_n.jpg

Edited by Govikes

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/06/the-dirt-roadbook-june-28-2019/

DiRT Rally 2.0 is a great-looking game, and one that aims to deliver a high performance across all platforms. Sadly however not all platforms have the same capabilities and sometimes compromises have to be made. A common point of feedback is the performance of the game on base-level Xbox One and PlayStation 4, where the resolution is lower than that’s achievable on Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Steam. There’s been a bit of discussion about this on the forums but I felt it best to give the “lay of the land” and help clarify some things:

• DiRT Rally 2.0 is designed to run at 60fps on console when driving (replays are 30fps).
    The driving experience is the most important part of the game and ensuring that is as smooth as possible is the game’s priority.
  • In order to achieve this the base consoles use dynamic resolution scaling (other games do this too), as they cannot always reliably hit 1080p/60fps while running DiRT Rally 2.0.
    This is especially notable on base Xbox One.
  • Sometimes in more complicated scenarios (like when there are lots of effects or complicated objects on the screen) this means the resolution will decrease in order to retain the framerate.
  • A 1080p/30fps option is not available as the performance of some physics elements are tied to the framerate, and locking that to 30 would cause additional issues.
  • As this is a core part of how the game functions, an update in the future is unlikely.

On a related note some PS4 Pro users have reported seeing an improvement in visual quality after recent updates. The team has been in touch and it turns out there was a PS4 Pro performance update in Version 1.3 which wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes. In short, the PS4 Pro version of DiRT Rally 2.0 now runs at 1440p, instead of the 1080p of earlier versions. The Xbox One X version has been capable of running at 2160p (4K) since launch.