Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Codies - consider leader board resets now that certain times CANNOT be matched with corner cuts removed

I know everyone here is happy you can no longer cut 50ft off the track on stages, but removing these cuts without resetting the leaderboards presents a new problem. If the cuts can not be used anymore, some stages have times that physically cannot be matched anymore. The only practical solution is to reset the time trial leader boards, and it would be much better to do this ASAP than to wait and let more times build up that will have to be reset.

Indeed, a reset needs to be done to match the new criteria.

Or write a piece of software to analyze the ghost recordings, and delete the ones that did the cuts.  wooh, that would be brilliant!

Or just remove them by hand until you have a clean top 10 and leave the rest for what they are.

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

I know everyone here is happy you can no longer cut 50ft off the track on stages, but removing these cuts without resetting the leaderboards presents a new problem. If the cuts can not be used anymore, some stages have times that physically cannot be matched anymore. The only practical solution is to reset the time trial leader boards, and it would be much better to do this ASAP than to wait and let more times build up that will have to be reset.

I disagree about doing this ASAP. We need to know where they have done this, and we also

need to know that they have gotten all of the shortcuts so they don't have to delete the

Leaderboards again later. Other than that, I'm all in for deleting Leaderboards for the stages

in question. 

I seem to have been more or less alone in asking Codies to remove the shortcuts, unless

someone have done this by mail only. If you all are interested in getting all shortcuts removed,

please post them here or in the BUG thread so we can get them all identified and removed.

Cheers 🙂

2 hours ago, chukonu said:

Or just remove them by hand until you have a clean top 10 and leave the rest for what they are. 

So how would you handle that some, like myself, do both with and without shortcuts? 😉

4 minutes ago, Eagleizer said:

I disagree about doing this ASAP. We need to know where they have done this, and we also

need to know that they have gotten all of the shortcuts so they don't have to delete the

Leaderboards again later. Other than that, I'm all in for deleting Leaderboards for the stages

in question. 

I seem to have been more or less alone in asking Codies to remove the shortcuts, unless

someone have done this by mail only. If you all are interested in getting all shortcuts removed,

please post them here or in the BUG thread so we can get them all identified and removed.

Cheers 🙂

Oh I've been pretty vocal myself in the discord, on here, and in messages about it. Then again I don't think everyone is chasing WRs, so we may be a much smaller group that directly deal with these cuts. That said you're absolutely correct in that we shouldn't reset until the cuts are fully addressed - which they haven't been this patch =/ Poland still has some terrible cuts that can be abused and from what I've been told the NE ones are still there too.

As for getting them in a bug thread? You'd literally have to drive the entire stage trying to cut and be submitting time stamped videos because of how many there are on some stages. You also have to account for legitimate cuts though too, because cutting itself is a part of rally. Learning to gamble skipping a 6 Left 6 Right and instead make it a straight line deep cut is a cornerstone of rally - just look at McRae

But you can't just let those kind of cuts happen everywhere. It's why would also make pruning the boards by hand really hard; who gets to judge what is ok and what is too deep?

To be fair those historical cuts would be now penalized though.

15 minutes ago, bn880 said:

To be fair those historical cuts would be now penalized though.

Does anyone have a link to the official rules in regards to cutting? I know some of the older stuff wouldn't be allowed today, but I'm curious where the line is now.