GET RID OF THE GARBAGE RAIN GRAPHICS

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JesseDeya said:

In my opinion Driveclub had the best rain/weather effects I've ever seen in a driving game - and that was five years ago!

30fps but yeah it was awesome. We should see rain as good as that nxt-gen on 60fps games. 

Edited by FLAW3D

I happened to drive in a really dark night in heavy rain. When I raced under similar conditions in the game, I was completely surprised by its verisimilitude, particularly the bleached rain drops. It really causes much annoyance when driving in heavy rain, not to mention in a dark night. However, I agree that the rain drop graphics on windscreen is not polished yet. There is still room for making it even more like the real. But I don't think it is a right move to get the true-to-life effects off.

The Driveclub team joined Codemasters too... although some were let go when OnRush wasn't successful, but still...

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

The Driveclub team joined Codemasters too... although some were let go when OnRush wasn't successful, but still...

From 

UmTHIFQ.gif

dc_a_by_chabbles-d898iyt.gif

To This

AEyOpgG.gif

What were Rushy n Codemasters thinking!!!!! 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

From 

UmTHIFQ.gif

To This

AEyOpgG.gif

What were Rushy n Codemasters thinking!!!!! 

What? Driveclub had worse rankings than all of Evolution Studio's MotorStorm games (Driveclub 71%, MotorStorm 78% to 84%)

They simply made a game they wanted to make I'd say?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

What? Driveclub had worse rankings than all of Evolution Studio's MotorStorm games (Driveclub 71%, MotorStorm 78% to 84%)

They simply made a game they wanted to make I'd say?

It was a totally different game from when they stopped patching it from release. Far better than Motorstorm or On-Rush. A bit like Dirt Rally 2.0 it released 12 months to early. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 1

I think the main problem for visibility is how the rain drops react with the headlights. I just drove a stage in New Zealand (dusk/heavy rain) and it was very annoying. When I turned off the headlights, the visibility improved immensely. It wasn't pretty, but at least it was driveable.

• Agree 1

Driveclub was a great arcade racer.

OnRush was a good arcade racer but then I got it for free on PS Plus so a bit biased.

Well, I was happy for Sweden because I figured because there is no rain, there will be no problems with visibility. Man, was I wrong. While driving with snow at night is ok, at dusk it's crazy. This is a screenshot I took on my PS4 today.

Also, snow is too bright. It hurts my eyes!

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190503145908.jpg

• Like 1

I like Sweden the way it is. This is what it should look like.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

What platform are you on? I wouldn't be surprised if this problem affects consoles only, because of excessive HDR that you can't turn off.

44 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

What platform are you on? I wouldn't be surprised if this problem affects consoles only, because of excessive HDR that you can't turn off.

You can turn HDR off on the consoles. On Ps4 it's per game an on Xbox it's in the system settings. I have the PC version and the rain graphics are poor and the snow is too bright.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, andmcq said:

the snow is too bright.

Like in real life. Do you go skiing or things like that? You go blind if you don't wear proper glasses and the snow looks like one big white sheet. Anyway turn off the useless effects, like Bloom, Lens flares, Chromatic aberration, Light streaks, Lens Dust and calibrate your monitor if you can. Every game company and movie people uses calibrated monitors, so that's when the game looks like exactly it was intended.  If you don't then lower your brightness because a lot of monitors and TVs come with default settings that is perfect for blind people. I have my monitors brightness at 10 out of 100.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, andmcq said:

You can turn HDR off on the consoles. On Ps4 it's per game an on Xbox it's in the system settings.

There´s no HDR ticket to check in game so you have to enable/disable HDR on system settings also with PS4.
Tried with and without with my calibrated C8 OLED. I like more HDR enabled, specially now when black levels match (automatic on PS4 did not handle it correct) and there´s no crush like in NZ shadows where you didn´t see nothing if black levels were wrong.
Someones says problem is still with Xbox, maby it´s because it handle video levels wrong, not game?!

Heavy rain at night, yes it still terrible no matter HDR or not.
btw, automatic wiper function at game menu is still broken, maby they are not going to fix it.
There´s no need for wipers at dry gravel because windscreen not get dirty (at area where wipers affect) no matter wipers on or not.

Posted (edited)

I messed with the tv settings but it didn't help much.

Well, I think maybe I would accept the brightness and low visibility if AI slowed down accordingly, but it's just frustrating because there is absolutely no way I can be competitive driving in those conditions.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Lollerke said:

You go blind if you don't wear proper glasses.

let me just put my snow glasses on before playing the game then. wait ...

turn off the useless effects, like Bloom, Lens flares, Chromatic aberration, Light streaks, Lens Dust

can't do this on console, genius. people have been asking since Day 1 of the launch for the option to turn these off, Codemasters refuse to implement it and refuse to tone down these effects. 

calibrate your monitor 

sure, let me just open the graphics settings in the game and calibrate it through there. oh wait, the only calibration tool Codemasters decided to implement is an HDR brightness slider for consoles (which does basically nothing for Sweden), not even peak NIT adjustment.

your post is as much of a fail as the graphics in Sweden.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Lollerke said:

Like in real life. Do you go skiing or things like that? You go blind if you don't wear proper glasses and the snow looks like one big white sheet. Anyway turn off the useless effects, like Bloom, Lens flares, Chromatic aberration, Light streaks, Lens Dust and calibrate your monitor if you can. Every game company and movie people uses calibrated monitors, so that's when the game looks like exactly it was intended.  If you don't then lower your brightness because a lot of monitors and TVs come with default settings that is perfect for blind people. I have my monitors brightness at 10 out of 100.

I know I can do these things, it's still a failing on the game's behalf that this is a thing. Codies should have known of this issue during their testing.

5 hours ago, SimFunny said:

There´s no HDR ticket to check in game so you have to enable/disable HDR on system settings also with PS4.

That's a failing on Codies behalf. The Ps4 can do that and CM should update their game accordingly.

The Xbox version cannot do that as, AFAIK, the Xbox does not let the games decide that.

The rain is always the same. For example, driving through the forest in Poland is a bit like a roof, so there should be less rain than in the open air

• Agree 2

On 5/3/2019 at 10:49 PM, danielofifi said:

What do you mean excessive hdr? 

18 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

What do you mean excessive hdr? 

I guess I meant bloom. Lights are too bright. I'm not good at technical stuff. 😉

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

I guess I meant bloom. Lights are too bright. I'm not good at technical stuff. 😉

Codies love their excessive bloom :classic_biggrin:

9 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Codies love their excessive bloom :classic_biggrin:

Soon to be seen in F1 2019. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 4:49 AM, danielofifi said:

Well, I was happy for Sweden because I figured because there is no rain, there will be no problems with visibility. Man, was I wrong. While driving with snow at night is ok, at dusk it's crazy. This is a screenshot I took on my PS4 today.

Also, snow is too bright. It hurts my eyes!

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190503145908.jpg

Agree. Every time I drive in Sweden I feel super stressed just because only 20% of the the time/brain power is used to think "how to pass this corner fast" while the remaining 80% is used on "oh wait is it the road or is it the barrier???"

Edited by RvN76
  • Agree 1

Seriously? Rain quality like this in a 2019 game? In China we call it a knife fall :classic_ninja:

That's 3840 * 2160 all highest except CMAA

20190506003115_1.jpg

• Haha 1