Posted (edited)

Rain...

and SNOW effects. Sweeden + Snow + Lighting = Garbage

In PS4 Standard, is totaly blurry. Unplayable

Edited by GottaEvil

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

You can always go Latvala mode in Sweden 😄

Resultado de imagem para latvala sweden glasses

agree, orange helps to focus better  the compound of snow (like skiing or snowboard)

The rain is alright to me but I usually don't even pay attention to it. But my biggest concern is the engineers seem to have never heard of Rain X

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 1:58 PM, Tranzitive said:

let me just put my snow glasses on before playing the game then. wait ...

can't do this on console, genius. people have been asking since Day 1 of the launch for the option to turn these off, Codemasters refuse to implement it and refuse to tone down these effects. 

sure, let me just open the graphics settings in the game and calibrate it through there. oh wait, the only calibration tool Codemasters decided to implement is an HDR brightness slider for consoles (which does basically nothing for Sweden), not even peak NIT adjustment.

your post is as much of a fail as the graphics in Sweden.

Calibration means calibrating the display with a professional calibrator who uses professional tools...in-game settings are another thing.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Agree 1

On 5/1/2019 at 6:03 AM, JesseDeya said:

In my opinion Driveclub had the best rain/weather effects I've ever seen in a driving game - and that was five years ago!

Holy smokes! Never played Drive Club, so this is the first clip I have seen of driving in inclement weather...that is just insane. Is that 1080p? 

It is absolutely mind boggling how rain devolved in DR2. I don’t get it. Even day driving in heavy rain is atrocious...you can see the white nails. Late afternoon driving in the rain is easier with the headlights off in this game, found that out yesterday driving in Poland. Headlights seem to exacerbate the obscured view, which explains why night time driving in heavy rain is so bad. Bad likely being an understatement, as visibility is all but non-existent. It’s at the point for me where this rain issue has vaulted to the top of my wish list in terms of patch material. Driving in wet conditions w/rain in a Rally game is big time fun, I enjoyed immensely in DR1. Now...every time I see rain it’s another stage where I know I’ll be down on the leaderboard - especially in the Elite difficulty setting as the AI seems completely impervious to the rain, or the visibility issues it brings about.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)

I can't get over this too... Rain is awful, but snow is even worse sometimes. That's how Sweden looked today on my PS4 (standard). It's absurd. I can't enjoy the game I love and it's so frustrating...

In the hood camera it's driveable, but in the cockpit it's virtually impossible to set a reasonable time.

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190506215448.jpg

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

I can't get over this too... Rain is awful, but snow is even worse sometimes. That's how Sweden looked today on my PS4 (standard). It's absurd. I can't enjoy the game I love and it's so frustrating...

In the hood camera it's driveable, but in the cockpit it's virtually impossible to set a reasonable time.

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190506215448.jpg

Yeah that is pretty bad. Well just think of how well we will drive once they clean it up. Besides...you’re overthinking it, use the force young Jedi! Seeing is only part of it, you need to feel the road and use all of your sensory receptors...😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Of course the rain noodles are killing the gameplay. Please Codemasters for god sake get rid of the rain noodles, there's so many things this game is doing wrong, I can't believe it!

Edited by jayp666
  • Agree 1

Havy Rain is the worse... especially at night

PS: i made a video to show Drive CLub rain effect is simply the best effect ever made for a driving game:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Group A daily, night, heavy rain, New England, today.

Jeez I know they call them stair rods (old Tony Pond quote, ask your dad 😃) but these look like the bloody spindles from the bannister as well. Awful. No need.

Edited by cafe5150

4 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Group A daily, night, heavy rain, New England, today.

Jeez I know they call them stair rods (old Tony Pond quote, ask your dad 😃) but these look like the bloody spindles from the bannister as well. Awful. No need.

I was running the group A daily too, and I’m pretty disappointed with the constant night and rain combos. I had a GREAT handling Mitsubishi and was looking forward to the stage, and I terminal damaged about a minute in because Phil said to keep in on a turn and I did, and guess what? A massive rock I couldn’t see because of heavy rain and night conditions that look terrible. I’ve seen it said elsewhere, either in this thread or one of the others, but the night and rain, or at least the rain stages need to be stopped completely until something is fixed. It is not fun trying to rally in this current state. 

• Agree 4

On 5/7/2019 at 6:04 PM, tharding67 said:

I was running the group A daily too, and I’m pretty disappointed with the constant night and rain combos. I had a GREAT handling Mitsubishi and was looking forward to the stage, and I terminal damaged about a minute in because Phil said to keep in on a turn and I did, and guess what? A massive rock I couldn’t see because of heavy rain and night conditions that look terrible. I’ve seen it said elsewhere, either in this thread or one of the others, but the night and rain, or at least the rain stages need to be stopped completely until something is fixed. It is not fun trying to rally in this current state. 

It would be nice to not have jagged white lines shimmering down in a 10 meter radius about my car.  However It's still fun and I keep playing every day.  Think of it as your own personal tiny rain cloud.  The water on the windshield and hood look great.  It's just the animation of the falling "heavy" rain which is peculiar.   But still FUN!🙂

3 hours ago, Bobby1976 said:

It would be nice to not have jagged white lines shimmering down in a 10 meter radius about my car.  However It's still fun and I keep playing every day.  Think of it as your own personal tiny rain cloud.  The water on the windshield and hood look great.  It's just the animation of the falling "heavy" rain which is peculiar.   But still FUN!🙂

For me it's annoying and tiring, not fun... Especially when AI doesn't slow down accordingly, which only adds to the frustration.

• Agree 4

22 hours ago, danielofifi said:

For me it's annoying and tiring, not fun... Especially when AI doesn't slow down accordingly, which only adds to the frustration.

Okay, when you're right, you are right!  I just tried career mode and see exactly what you mean... I usually just stick to the community daily and weekly events.  So much for keeping positive, I guess. 😕😁

On 4/17/2019 at 9:24 PM, wfwr26 said:

Come on codies...its 2019.  Who in their right mind allowed the ridiculous rain graphic to pass development.  Its bad enough the headlights dont illuminate far enough in front of the car to push in the dark...then you add a sheet of white lines that looks like they are straight out of a sega genesis game from 1997 makes it impossible. Please for the love of god fix this.  

Couldn’t agree with this more, made a post of my own on this very issue 👍

If it's dusk turn the headlights off. Makes a hell of a difference it's just a bit dark under the trees.

For me dusk is fine, it’s just heavy rain, mainly in night, I was 50+ seconds clear in the Group A monthly until I had to Poland in heacy rain at night and ended up 22nd after that stage alone, managed to fight back to 8th and another night heavy rain stage dropped me back down again, had to risk all and go maximum attack just to get a 4th place finish, even though my pace was smashing them in every other stage, just 2 stages in heavy rain at night and I lose around 2 minutes, it’s just beyond a joke isn’t it lol 

• Agree 2

It's not fine in NZ and Australia, the forest areas are barely visible and the headlights make no difference.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It's not fine in NZ and Australia, the forest areas are barely visible and the headlights make no difference.

I hear you, it is bad, but maybe it’s our difference in TV or something I think I’m ok everywhere except night and/or heavy rain, it looks like my 3yo has drawn on my TV in white pastilles the rain graphics look so bad lol and yea the headlights are terrible, one thing I did notice in the dusk setting, when you turn the headys on and go through a dark dense area like in NZ, the lights when on have zero lighting effect, the list of what needs fixing or changing in this game is to the point of being disrespectful to the consumer imo 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2

They have taken way to many shortcuts in the design of this sim. Just like the horizon movement, They took the easiest, most simple way to do things, and it is wrong!

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Riggs are you on PC or console?

^ what @SoBoog said ^ I mean there’s a lot about the game that is fantastic, and deserves a lot of praise for being implemented well, like the surface degradation and tyres etc, also every single car feels good and fun to drive which is the first time in a Dirt game for me, except maybe the Ascona 400, that needs some work I think, but I agree there’s SO MUCH neglected and or unpolished that it overshadows the good work they have done, it’s a shame and I hope they read every post here from every paying customer and realise not to make the same mistakes, I don’t want to see DR3 for at least 4 years, I’d like all the core elements to stay the same, but a complete redesign of other elements, like the visuals, someone to brainstorm great ideas to add, like hazard and obstacles on track, seeing competitors broken down etc, getting the windscreen visuals right, in weather and with the wipers on AND off, nothing more annoying that turning off your wipers and watching the dirt collect slowly in a way that looks like my wipers have been active, the dirt should cover the screen to the point where I can’t see unless I use the wipers, just lots of stuff needs sorting I’m even bored of highlighting them now lol

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

I hear you, it is bad, but maybe it’s our difference in TV or something I think I’m ok everywhere except night and/or heavy rain, it looks like my 3yo has drawn on my TV in white pastilles the rain graphics look so bad lol and yea the headlights are terrible, one thing I did notice in the dusk setting, when you turn the headys on and go through a dark dense area like in NZ, the lights when on have zero lighting effect, the list of what needs fixing or changing in this game is to the point of being disrespectful to the consumer imo 🤷‍♂️

This what I have noticed as well. Most of the lighting is now ok, save for a small few areas in the day that are dark - which again are visible enough now that I have tweaked my brightness and gamma settings. The issue I have is that IF in the event I want to turn on headlights in a dark area during a daytime event - the headlights seem to have little effect which is strange. If it is dark enough to bring about poor visibility - than it should be dark enough for the headlights to illuminate just the same.

• Agree 3

I get why they wouldn’t have taken the time to implement that seeing as it’s a day stage but it’s the little things that make a difference sometimes 

• Agree 2