GET RID OF THE GARBAGE RAIN GRAPHICS

Searching youtube tonight found a real life video where raindrops were visible through the headlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fxxg6gqLV0
around the 5 minute mark.
The raindrops are mainly visible below the eyeline when compared to DR2.0 maybe this is because rally has highbeams? More headlamps? Lights also look like they're angled higher? Is that right for a Rally car?

The raindrops also look much bigger in DR2.0 compared to that real life video. (I was searching for about an hour to find a video where the raindrops were as big and didnt have any luck.

Many people have been complaining about this. The fact thet their previous games had much better, more realistic, rain effects suggests that the release was rushed and they didn't finish this effect on time. Hopefully they will listen to us eventually and give it the attention it deserves.

50 minutes ago, Pistro said:

Many people have been complaining about this. The fact thet their previous games had much better, more realistic, rain effects suggests that the release was rushed and they didn't finish this effect on time. Hopefully they will listen to us eventually and give it the attention it deserves.

i think it is due to F1 2019 being brought forward. 

Dirt Rally 2 was probably originally scheduled for June, F1 for Sept, but got shifted around and messed the whole thing up.

I bet F1 2019 has not got half the issues DR 2 has/had.

What I dont understand is how you can mess something that was correctly done before. Plus, this falling rain particle just needs its opacity adjusted when lights are being cast on them.

It should be a pretty straightforward change in the code. Reduce the transparency by 50% when lights are cast, give it a test and re-adjust if needed. That's it.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Riggs said:

What I dont understand is how you can mess something that was correctly done before. Plus, this falling rain particle just needs its opacity adjusted when lights are being cast on them.

It should be a pretty straightforward change in the code. Reduce the transparency by 50% when lights are cast, give it a test and re-adjust if needed. That's it.

Agreed. Color filter adjustment to opacity is all that is needed. I am no programmer but this should be relatively straight forward as the base code remains in-tact, with the only change being the color spectrum in which it is produced.

this is all down to codies over done artistic flair department got a new toy and over used it without knowing how to fully use said new toy.makes you laugh that these people are supposed to know what their doing but can not for the life of them get something as simple as rain drops right,the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

On 4/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, ZeroAffex said:

On one hand, I can agree it's ugly and not very pleasing to the eye. On the other hand, it definitely adds impediment to my driving as heavy rain should irl. lol Very challenging to see down the road as we all know. In that regards, it definitely seems to be working as intended it's just unpleasant to view and not very realistic looking. I wouldn't mind it as much but AI don't seem to be affected in the way we are which is frustrating at times, ok most times. Me personally, I'd be happy if they A. leave it as it is but adjust AI stage times to reflect on driving in bad weather or B. change the rain so it's pleasant to view and easier to see the road when driving leaving the AI alone. As it stands, I like many others loathe rain lol 

Disagree. That is NOT what driving at night in the rain is like.

Heavy rain graphics look absolutely atrocious, more like heavy snow. Combine that with night and the fact that AI don't seem to be affected by weather and you have a really **** combination.

Edited by redrook