Jump to content Jump to content

GET RID OF THE GARBAGE RAIN GRAPHICS


wfwr26

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

I get why they wouldn’t have taken the time to implement that seeing as it’s a day stage but it’s the little things that make a difference sometimes 

Yup for sure! I think we can all agree that many little things combine to make big things. That is, every little game component adds up to make it what it is, or is not. As they say - the devil is in the details! 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I hate to be that guy I'm going to be...

The rain is actuallypretty realistic if you have ever driven in total darkness with heavy rain you will notice it shows up as white lines on the drops which are lit up by the lights and makes visibility very short. This is what they are trying to simulate. 

While it's not perfect it's better than the drive club rain shown, which doesnt affect visibility but does look nice sliding across the window.

I tried to find a video on you tube to demonstrate this but most are on streets with backlighting which means you don't experience the white lines of the rain but I can tell you for sure heavy rain in total darkness does look similar to this. Though I agree the fact it goes sideways when you go round corners feels a bit off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dominic0 what? No!!! I drive in life and rain looks nothing like what you see in this game, absolutely nothing 😂 it’s the worst rain I’ve seen in a game and I’ve seen rain look better in games 15 years ago, yea the light reflection is what they “tried” to capture but they failed, majorly, also I don’t know why people are comparing it to Driveclub, all we have to do is load up Dirt 4, the rain was perfect, and not only that, the graphicals on the windscreen were great too, in weather and with the mud and dust collection, literally their last game before this one they had it done well, and then they screw it up, I just don’t see how anyone can defend something that actually makes the game unplayable sometimes, and just looks aweful in general, really aweful

Link to post
Share on other sites

IRL rain definitely reduces visibility.  Especially at night with high beams causing a reflection and loss of contrast.  

Does it *look* like what we have in DR2?  No, not at all.  It seems like a hurried afterthought, or perhaps the weather dev was on a right bender and thought she/he had nailed it and their boss was out of town (literally or figuratively).  

The rain doesn't fall everywhere.  It seems to be a small circle around my point of view.   This, for me, is the most distracting feature.  I keep noticing the line where the rain stops instead of the turns, rocks, trees, etc.  

Let's not bring back anything Dirt4 related.  The sounds made when driving through a puddle were like hopping through waves on a jet boat inside a pringles can.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bobby1976 at least D4 actually had audio for driving through puddles, it’s non existent here, and even the 1 location which has a water splash written into the pace notes in USA has terrible visuals and audio, in terms of weather all round, audio, and the graphics on the windscreen D4 is leagues above DR2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, watzcoc said:

 

Look how good Dirt 4 looks in the heavy rain, I think even Dirt 3 looked better than Dirt Rally 😂 DR the raindrops on the windscreen we’re practically non existent, @ChristinaMc look at this, make DR2.0 look like D4 please, it was possible to see where I was going in H rain in the night too so it would be nice to sort that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep they are systematically destroying the good will of their fan base, I’ve had a look around the forum after I realised there’s a new patch installing (v1.07) I couldn’t even find CMs patch notes, only one from back when Sweden was released, and within 5 minutes I recognise a new bug the patch has given us, I can’t view anyone above me in the leaderboards anymore, and if I scroll above I disappear from the list altogether, wow CM... wow I’ve just lost faith now

No mention of fixing the HUGE list of issues I can find anywhere, no mention of fixing the game breaking issues like unbeatable AI in career, no mention of fixing the worst rain graphics ever seen to the point where we CANT SEE WHERE WERE GOING, nothing and this is apparently Codemasters official forums?? @ChristinaMc @Faya

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, I just finished a stage nearly 2 minutes behind the leader in Sweden during a white out. Couldnt see a thing. 

 

Also had a stage in the previous Poland rally at night in heavy rain, I could see more with the headlights turned off.

 

Doesnt phase the AI tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shmeefly said:

@Bobby1976 at least D4 actually had audio for driving through puddles, it’s non existent here, and even the 1 location which has a water splash written into the pace notes in USA has terrible visuals and audio, in terms of weather all round, audio, and the graphics on the windscreen D4 is leagues above DR2.0

I agree the engine sounds were better, and the rain was better in D4.  Hated the fog in Michigan and the water splash/puddle sound.  DR1 had nice water splashes that really soaked the windshield.  D4 didn't really have that and DR2 definitely doesn't although I can feel the car hydroplane and slow down if hit too fast.  Definitely don't need to hear waves crashing at the beach when I drive through a puddle... Some sound would be nicely appreciated however 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Suteki83 said:

Haha, I just finished a stage nearly 2 minutes behind the leader in Sweden during a white out. Couldnt see a thing. 

 

Also had a stage in the previous Poland rally at night in heavy rain, I could see more with the headlights turned off.

 

Doesnt phase the AI tho

Precipitation is an issue, period.

Head lights exacerbate the issue...immensely in fact which is very odd. I often end up turning them off on late afternoon or evening stages and can see MUCH better.

They are aware...that is for certain. My belief is that that they they will alter the frequency of events with rain/snow (especially those at night), until (if), they roll out a patch to address the particle effects of snow and rain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, heavy rain conditions are the best in D4.  DR2.0 are ok, but there’s nothing worse than racing through a dense field of Polish bamboo at night. Literally can’t tell the difference between the rain and the trees.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, watzcoc said:

i found one at last, night time, Dirt Rally, why is DR2.0 so bad at night in rain?

 

See that's not what really heavy rain looks like in the dark. If you experience it in a car you will know dirt 2.0 is actually nearer. That's just a mild shower. Super heavy rain blocksyour ability to see as I said earlier. You will only know it if you have experienced it. Their gfx aren't perfect but recreate the vision issues better than dirt rally which rain didn't caus any issue at night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dominic0 said:

While I hate to be that guy I'm going to be...

The rain is actuallypretty realistic if you have ever driven in total darkness with heavy rain you will notice it shows up as white lines on the drops which are lit up by the lights and makes visibility very short. This is what they are trying to simulate. 

While it's not perfect it's better than the drive club rain shown, which doesnt affect visibility but does look nice sliding across the window.

I tried to find a video on you tube to demonstrate this but most are on streets with backlighting which means you don't experience the white lines of the rain but I can tell you for sure heavy rain in total darkness does look similar to this. Though I agree the fact it goes sideways when you go round corners feels a bit off.

You may actually be on to something, because if you approach an area illuminated by other lights, you can actually see farther.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay then, if they made it look more realistic, why didn't they also slow AI down realistically? Also, such heavy rains are not very frequent (even in Poland :)) and should really happen once in a blue moon...

Something must be done about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

I'm assuming now that DR2.0 is on skeleton staff until F1 2019 is released.

Hopefully this explains why lighting is getting no fixes at the moment.

Your probably right about this

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...