Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Have you noticed Soft Lock it's not working at all on PC?

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Fjacobsen said:

Yes - the Golf wheel animation is the one I have seen being off.

 I+m not sure if it should be 900 or 540° in real life - but in the sim it seems to be 900°, but the animation is wrong.

I do not take care of the animation, with 900 degrees I would not have asked a question, but I have 990 degrees, it's not very normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soft lock is [edit was] not working for me either. PC using Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 version.
Found a solution from this thread:

 

 

Edited by KoAStR
issue resolved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KoAStR said:

Soft lock is [edit was] not working for me either. PC using Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 version.
Found a solution from this thread:

 

 

Nice finding, I would say this is a workaround (one of the many). 

But nevertheless it's a bug in setting up the Soft Lock feature.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. I'm on Xbox and soft lock wasn't working for me either. Definitely going to give this a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry for digging this up again, but for me this bug is still not fixed by codemasters.

currently playing with t300 rs @ 900 degrees with steering saturation set ingame to 60 which will result in a manual soft lock @ 540 degrees. Since Steering saturation simulates the soft lock it seems that codemasters would have to just use this setting in order to implement a using softlock.

I'm a bit upset because the last 100 ingame hours I was thinking to drive in the correct setup. now with manual lock (540 in lancia delta integrale) I'm way faster!

@codemasters please try to find a fix for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, joxxor said:

sorry for digging this up again, but for me this bug is still not fixed by codemasters.

currently playing with t300 rs @ 900 degrees with steering saturation set ingame to 60 which will result in a manual soft lock @ 540 degrees. Since Steering saturation simulates the soft lock it seems that codemasters would have to just use this setting in order to implement a using softlock.

I'm a bit upset because the last 100 ingame hours I was thinking to drive in the correct setup. now with manual lock (540 in lancia delta integrale) I'm way faster!

@codemasters please try to find a fix for this

To use softlock in any game that has it, you have to manually set your wheel to its maximum rotational setting. So your T300 needs to be set to 1080 degrees of rotation for soft lock to function correctly. I run with a T300, I also have a G27 and a G920, and it is true for all of them. If you run on a DOR setting lower than the wheels maximum, it will throw off the games soft lock settings. Doesnt matter if its Dirt Rally 1 or 2, Assetto Corsa, Project cars 1 or 2. I assume the issue with the previously mentioned fanatec wheels, was running them in "auto" mode. I dont have a fanatec wheel, so I cant test. But I would assume the issue would be resolved by manually setting the max rotation on the wheel, and then recalibrating in game.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, Ialyrn said:

To use softlock in any game that has it, you have to manually set your wheel to its maximum rotational setting.

I assume the issue with the previously mentioned fanatec wheels, was running them in "auto" mode. I dont have a fanatec wheel, so I cant test. But I would assume the issue would be resolved by manually setting the max rotation on the wheel, and then recalibrating in game.

The problem was that you have to set softlock off, the wheel has to be set to fixed 1080, then calibrate and after that set softlock back to on.

The 2nd thing is,  normally with Fanatec wheels if you want variable steering angles the setting should be set to Auto and the game can change the steering angle. The Fanatec wheels have then automatically the correct softlock. If set not to Auto it's normally to overwrite the steering angle to your liking. But with the CM implementation you must set your wheel to 1080 what by the way is not the max possible steering angle and CM implemented a software softlock which would not be needed on Fanatec. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

thank you guys so far. I will try it immediatley. Had Wheel-Rotation set to 900 degrees ins thrustmaster software.

Are the Wheel-rotations for the different cars correct? (see first posting in this thread)

 

 

Edit:

set wheel rotation to 1080, soft lock off, then calibrated, turned soft lock on again

Seems its working, but the Rotations in the first post seem complete trash.

My samples were:

stratos, delta integrale, audi quattro are 900 degrees

lancer evo 6 - 540 degrees

imprezza 95 - something like 700 degrees

 

any feedback on these numbers? which cars should have 540 degrees?

Edited by joxxor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×