Sign in to follow this  

crash when trying to continue event/career

Question

Hey,

I have been playing the game having a lot of fun last 3-4 days, i was in the middle of a H2 event and when i go to continue the game today it crashes to desktop when i click the event main menu.I receive an event reward then it just crashes to desktop each time. Any ideas? corrupted save/racenet profile?

cant start a new because everytime i click event it gives reward and crashes.

Access violation at address 0x4b063082 in module 'dirtrally2.exe' + 0x203082.
dirtrally2.exe

this is last thing i see:

image.thumb.png.0225e0a6a67c222f4ee5f5ff6b48759a.png

CrashRpt-Log-20190419-170135-{bdb81387-bd4c-4544-8d68-40e41f4f0398}.txt

crashdump.dmp

crashrpt.xml

CrashRpt-Log-20190419-180126-{e576c3c3-d5ec-4f07-a809-cf0cf777c838}.txt

12 answers to this question

What is in you Windows event log when the crash happens? Event ID?

So i just tried to reset and still cannot resolve the issue.

- profile menu, reset progress. Still tries to give me daily challenge reward and crashes.

-profile menu reset all, got a new message about discrepancy between racenet / local saying it would be reset. However again click career and it tries to give rewards and crashes.

- disabled steam cloud, went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\43479409\690790\remote, backed up the saves and then deleted them. When i opened the game it said profile corrupt! create new save? yes!! i create new save, new driver name etc, go to career and again i receive daily rewards and it crashes haha. i deleted profile folder from steam\userdata, uninstalled game, reinstalled, same issue. I have no idea i guess only codemasters can resolve? i dont understand where its pulling the data from? racenet?

Pretty ridiculous situation.

savegame@profile#NXDSMWW.BWW

savegame@profile#QKRHMYXE

savegame@profile_backup#NXDSMWW.BWW

savegame@profile_backup#QKRHMYXE

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Browngasm said:

So i just tried to reset and still cannot resolve the issue.

- profile menu, reset progress. Still tries to give me daily challenge reward and crashes.

-profile menu reset all, got a new message about discrepancy between racenet / local saying it would be reset. However again click career and it tries to give rewards and crashes.

- disabled steam cloud, went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\43479409\690790\remote, backed up the saves and then deleted them. When i opened the game it said profile corrupt! create new save? yes!! i create new save, new driver name etc, go to career and again i receive daily rewards and it crashes haha. i deleted profile folder from steam\userdata, uninstalled game, reinstalled, same issue. I have no idea i guess only codemasters can resolve? i dont understand where its pulling the data from? racenet?

Pretty ridiculous situation.

savegame@profile#NXDSMWW.BWW

savegame@profile#QKRHMYXE

savegame@profile_backup#NXDSMWW.BWW

savegame@profile_backup#QKRHMYXE

Yes, you cannot reset the reward, because you have the reward in an online database and the game is - of course - programmed to give it to you when you enter the Career menu. The reward data has been corrupted somehow, which results in a crash, so it's a game bug. Hopefully Codemasters will answer you here after the holidays, but you can only play Freeplay modes until then.

Edited by Lollerke

20 hours ago, Browngasm said:

Hey,

I have been playing the game having a lot of fun last 3-4 days, i was in the middle of a H2 event and when i go to continue the game today it crashes to desktop when i click the event main menu.I receive an event reward then it just crashes to desktop each time. Any ideas? corrupted save/racenet profile?

cant start a new because everytime i click event it gives reward and crashes.

dirtrally2.exe

this is last thing i see:

image.thumb.png.0225e0a6a67c222f4ee5f5ff6b48759a.png

CrashRpt-Log-20190419-170135-{bdb81387-bd4c-4544-8d68-40e41f4f0398}.txt

crashdump.dmp

crashrpt.xml

CrashRpt-Log-20190419-180126-{e576c3c3-d5ec-4f07-a809-cf0cf777c838}.txt

Just had the same problem, but on PS4

Same problem for me on PC.

Impossible to play career or event for the same reason since a week!

Please CM, HELP !!!

Posted (edited)

So, I called codemasters today, and I talked to technical person and he told me that they approuve this error and they are working on that problem.So an update will come soon.

Edited by touns50

3 weeks have passed now, without access to career or events, and still not a word from CM...

Yes of course.Come on codemasters, are you really going to find something, please do something!!!!!!!!!

Guys I'm having exactly the same issue. I load Events/Career, it presents the credits awarded and then:

dirtrally2.exe

I tried changing graphics driver, clean reinstall, changing my swap file size, turning off in game steam overlay - no luck. I haven't had access to events for the whole week. 

This is ridiculous!  CM HELP US HERE!!!