What if the F1 games had historic tracks

Posted (edited)

What if Codies added tracks that F1 used to race at like Nurburgring or Sepang or historic versions of tracks like Hockenheim or Monza. I know the licensing might be an issue but they have licensing for historic cars so this might not be a that out of reach. Maybe as a DLC or update.

Edited by Bellyracing
  • Agree 2

I'd love to see that. F1 2013 already had a couple of older tracks and sadly they never returned.
But I wouldn't count on that happening, as 2013 was the last F1 game to receive any form of dlc.

Just for the record: I would pay good money to race on the old version of Hockenheim. 

I totally agree that we need more tracks, each year we get the same tracks with maybe a new one every two years or so. Historic tracks would add so much to the longevity of the game. Personally I am getting really tired of the same old circuits so adding great tracks like Istanbul, Buddha Circuit and Valencia etc. would be an outstanding addition to the game. The good thing for CM is they already have these tracks rendered so in theory it should be easy to implement. I would also pay for these as DLC, so again, in theory CM wins...   

I'm not sure whether it will be easier or harder to get the old Hockenhiem to come back considering it doesn't exist anymore. Realistically it should be fairly simple to get licensing from recent tracks such as Sepang, but that all depends on whether CM get the licensing from FOM or the tracks themselves. If they get it from FOM it'll be much harder to get older tracks.