F1 2018 career difficulty - can’t change

Basically, I am unable to change the AI difficulty between race weekends. In my first season I started winning too easily, but couldn’t change the difficulty. I thought maybe it’s because it was patched in later, so I decided to start a new career, but I’m still unable to change it? When at your workstation I go to preferences > gameplay settings, but everything is greyed out, not letting me change anything. I’ve tried this at the end of a race weekend (after actual race), and at the start of a new race weekend, but to no avail 😟

Posted (edited)

You are able to change it in certain circumstances.  I know this because I literally just changed my difficulty on PS4 after Australia.  You are right that it is greyed out a lot of the time, but keep checking the option as it does "un-grey" before each race weekend (if I recall correctly).  You just can't change it after certain points, but you definitely can adjust this during the season.

Edited by BadFlounder

Well, I’ve tried it at every conceivable point during a Grand Prix weekend and it still won’t let me change it. I guess the only way to do it now is reset the save, or even reinstall the game, but that means starting over again ☹️ I think I’ll just wait for the new game, which is only about 2 months away now.