Sign in to follow this  

Russian roulette... well not anymore (update 5)

Posted (edited)

That is just how the game feels right now. I've been playing for months, almost everyday, and today, once again, I lost 3 qualifying duels in a row, trailing around 1-1.5 sec behind on the finish line, against opponents with weaker setups (last one add 300 performance points less than me), not making any particular mistake (even beating one lap record in the process)...

I just don't get it. I feel like the game depends from invisible tweaks, and I just can't do anything about it, no matter how good or clean I drive. It just feels like russian roulette. Like I wrote in the survey, I won races I probably shouldn't have won, and I lost races I certainly shouldn't have lost.

IMO, racegames need clarity, for the player to understand how to improve, accept when he loses and enjoy when he wins.

In addition, events are biased by players doing insanely fast laptimes, ruining any interest for fair players.

So I think I'll be leaving for a while. Even though I got pretty addicted to it.

Cheers,

Edited by Norrin78

It's because there are so many issues with the game. They're making tweaks here and there to try to fix or level it out, hence why the gameplay changes regularly.

Posted (edited)

Alright. Just to say that I'm back at it and the game feels much better now. Still have some weird races here and then, but overall I really enjoy it once again. IMO, gameplay feels more consistant.

Still getting penalized for being rammed into by opponents (AI or players), but I'll survive.

Driving assists are much better. Braking assist has been adressed in a lot of curves which is nice.

See you on the track.

Edited by Norrin78

Braking assist is the quickest way to lose races. Some corners simply don’t need braking. It’s not well implemented for how the cars handle. 

• Agree 1