Ok so I have spent many hours voicing displeasure about various things in DR2. That said, all in all I love the game...and I know they will keep improving it and get the bugs worked out.

Time to share something extremely positive. Sweden is an ABSOLUTE GEM. Wow! This location is truly impressive. The scenery is gorgeous, the sound is incredible, and the handling/physics - in a word: masterful. I now see what a massive upgrade the handling is over DR1. Weight transfer, throttle use to control pitch and yaw - it all comes to life in Sweden. They truly and absolutely nailed snow Rally this time around.

Hats off to you Codies - very well done!!! 👍😊

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

Ok so I have spent many hours voicing displeasure about various things in DR2. That said, all in all I love the game...and I know they will keep improving it and get the bugs worked out.

Time to share something extremely positive. Sweden is an ABSOLUTE GEM. Wow! This location is truly impressive. The scenery is gorgeous, the sound is incredible, and the handling/physics - in a word: masterful. I now see what a massive upgrade the handling is over DR1. Weight transfer, throttle use to control pitch and yaw - it all comes to life in Sweden. They truly and absolutely nailed snow Rally this time around.

Hats off to you Codies - very well done!!! 👍😊

how you know about sweden handling?

Is there studded tires or just M+S without studs like at Monaco?

Did you found missing FFB from Sweden?

2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

how you know about sweden handling?

I was playing it this morning! Bought the deluxe content package. Maybe those who have it or buy it, get early access? Either way, it - is - phenomenal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SimFunny said:

Is there studded tires or just M+S without studs like at Monaco?

Did you found missing FFB from Sweden?

Studded all the way man. Nice grip with enough loss of traction to slide...perfect balance of grip/no grip. Easily my fav stage so far, it is so good. As for FFB, no change, but handling of the car and the way the weight moves around to help you slide and power out on-throttle is amazing.

• Thanks 1

Sweden was added in the last patch and due to a bug it has appeared in career mode when it's not supposed to be available until Tuesday

• Agree 1

Snow banks are also more forgiving. Clipping the side around turns disrupts the car but it’s not like DR1 where it felt as though you were hitting concrete. Good balance of forgiveness and challenge. 

1 minute ago, hobsgrg said:

Sweden was added in the last patch and due to a bug it has appeared in career mode when it's not supposed to be available until Tuesday

Be that as it may, I’ll take it! Happy Easter to me, lol

39 minutes ago, hobsgrg said:

keep in mind - every DLC since the first one (Citroen C4 and Skoda Fabia) have become available on the Monday, even though officially they are supposed to come out on Tuesdays. I think it's to give them time to fix things if something goes wrong - like what happened with the first one haha

39 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

Snow banks are also more forgiving. Clipping the side around turns disrupts the car but it’s not like DR1 where it felt as though you were hitting concrete. Good balance of forgiveness and challenge. 

ya it was like that in D4 as well. I'm super excited for this.

tnt.gif~c200

1 hour ago, ianism said:

keep in mind - every DLC since the first one (Citroen C4 and Skoda Fabia) have become available on the Monday, even though officially they are supposed to come out on Tuesdays. I think it's to give them time to fix things if something goes wrong - like what happened with the first one haha

ya it was like that in D4 as well. I'm super excited for this.

tnt.gif~c200

Ya man, as well you should be. If you liked Sweden the first time around, you’ll love it this time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Ya man, as well you should be. If you liked Sweden the first time around, you’ll love it this time!

barely played DR1... just couldn't do it on a keyboard. so the tracks (if not the locations) are new to me

played Sweden a bunch in D4 and it was really great

I’m intrigued but concerned; I thought DR1’s Sweden had the best snow banks of any rally game I remember - that said, it’s not a deal breaker if they’re not as good and I’ll wait to see before judging anyway.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

For a bug I play Sweden! Super!!!!

Now, I'am wainting for Germany!!!

Edited by Edwinsimo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Thats great news as i was quite worried about the banks considering blades of grass can flip you in some of the og tracks 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

best snow banks

Well, it depends on how you define 'good snow banks'. I think they were too unforgiving and thus a bit unrealistic. The slightest touch spun your car. Restart again. I think Dirt4 snow banks were much better in that regard. They still spun your car around if you hit them at mid/high speeds. 

• Agree 2

Hmm! I'm curious

Is Sweden out for PC only?

I have the deluxe version PS4 and can't see Sweden anywhere!

24 minutes ago, scottishjim said:

Hmm! I'm curious

Is Sweden out for PC only?

I have the deluxe version PS4 and can't see Sweden anywhere!

I am on Xbox.

13 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

I am on Xbox.

Cheers for the reply

I wonder why it's not on PS4 then?

I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait.. 🙂

I'm on ps4 and I haven't got it. I think some people have it early in career mode. Bit of a bug as it happened with the other DLC too. Steam will probably get full access today,  the rest of us will have to wait until tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I'm on ps4 and I haven't got it. I think some people have it early in career mode. Bit of a bug as it happened with the other DLC too. Steam will probably get full access today,  the rest of us will have to wait until tomorrow.

Cheers Rallystu2 👍

I was rubbish in Sweden in DiRT Rally so I guess I can wait. 😀

Just got a bit jealous and felt I'm missing out. 😅

The more intuitive handling of DR2 should make Sweden more fun for you. The snow banks don't appear to be made of pig iron and the general grip and handling model in the game should make it more enjoyable than its predecessor. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

If they were to unlock it today it would've been already at 12 I think.

Codies office probably empty anyway in light of Easter monday!

• Agree 1

@chukonu is right, I think. I was thinking it'd come out today because all the DLC since the 2000cc cars has been Monday, but forgot it was a holiday. 

ugh, blame the Christians... 😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

The more intuitive handling of DR2 should make Sweden more fun for you. The snow banks don't appear to be made of pig iron and the general grip and handling model in the game should make it more enjoyable than its predecessor. 

Yes, all of this equates to a much better driving experience in Sweden this time around. 

• Agree 1

Had a few shots when it dropped at 12 - Stunning!