Racing in rain/half wet qualifying

So to start off i want to say that i am by far not the best driver and 2018 is my first game since 2012.

I just finished my first Season (1st Renault, then Mercedes) and i noticed that in Qualifying the Ai is kinda op. By this i don't meant the normal (dry) qualifying but when it starts to rain lightly. The ai is out on dry tyres and do perfect times or maybe a sec slower than in perfect dry conditions meanwhile i have to basicly already have to drive on INT because otherwise i struggle alot and just slide around in dry tyres. 
Am i the only one with this problem and do i just suck at the game or what is the problem?

The 2nd thing is about rain in general. 
I find that the ai just has a perfect setup for both dry and wet weather(even full wets). I also wonder why the ai appears to have abs since they brake with full power and don't have anything like wheellock etc.
In general i (and many others) just don't enjoy rain at all, normally i have alot of fun playing the game and 100% races but in rain it is just that it is a struggle and i just want to quit the game and never play it again

• Like 1

For the first part, it is a known issue that will hopefully get fixed for F1 2019 when the ai do normal dry lap times even during the crossover period between drys and inters. From what I've heard, this only happens when you fast-forward during qualifying, or when you go straight to the track instead of leaving the garage. For the second part, the ai do not have abs, they just don't make mistakes often enough. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Oscho said:

So to start off i want to say that i am by far not the best driver and 2018 is my first game since 2012.

I just finished my first Season (1st Renault, then Mercedes) and i noticed that in Qualifying the Ai is kinda op. By this i don't meant the normal (dry) qualifying but when it starts to rain lightly. The ai is out on dry tyres and do perfect times or maybe a sec slower than in perfect dry conditions meanwhile i have to basicly already have to drive on INT because otherwise i struggle alot and just slide around in dry tyres. 
Am i the only one with this problem and do i just suck at the game or what is the problem?

The 2nd thing is about rain in general. 
I find that the ai just has a perfect setup for both dry and wet weather(even full wets). I also wonder why the ai appears to have abs since they brake with full power and don't have anything like wheellock etc.
In general i (and many others) just don't enjoy rain at all, normally i have alot of fun playing the game and 100% races but in rain it is just that it is a struggle and i just want to quit the game and never play it again

Same here. I want to have the ability to change the weather in career mode! I hate rain, have to set AI to 102 instead of 105 etc. Just want to skip the race cause its frustrating. 10000 flashbacks needed for this! And if someone tells me "its not a full experience then": Than please select all assists off, start driving without flashbacks, cockpit, no HUD etc. THATS a full experience. So it shouldnt be a problem to let us choose weather for career mode. If not, please reduce the frequency of rain! Every 3 or 4 races rain. How much rain did we have in 2018? Right, I think no single full race!

Rain has just destroyed many races in my first full length season already. I'm a steady no assists driver but can't keep up with ai when it rains. If cars were this slippery in real life racing would be banned! Last night full race in Mexico I had a great fight all the way to lap 46 out of 56 I think hanging on in 3rd with Bottas pushing behind and Hammy just ahead. It was like 3am but I kept going as was so much fun then woosh out comes the rain and I ended up in a massive struggle to hang on to 10th. Worst thing is that the engineers and pit crew are clueless what to do. All the other cars get a heads up and change into appropriate tires but my engineer just says it's 50 50 whether I should stay on slicks or come in for inters. It's pouring down! They are the ones with the weather forecast they should be telling ME what to do at times like this. I'd have been better in wet tires TBH. Engineer says the guy ahead of you just changed into hypers so I go in and do the same only to see him fly off into the distance while I can't even get out of the pit lane!! Yes FLASHBACK again please.... 

I'm at the point now if it's heavy raining at start of race I just retire. Full races in the wet with no assists is like trying to balance a spinning plate on your head for 2 hours. 

Well, i don't know if you're using a stearing wheel or a pad, but I drive using the pad in 105 with no assists and I don't have any problems driving in the rain. In fact, there are some races where I am more competitive in the rain. Obviously this is only my case and I think they could just add the option in the game to change the weather. People who doesn't want that can simply not use it. 

About the qualys in dry/wet conditions I don't have the problem if I don't fast forward it but it can be pretty annoying especially when you can't allow to waste 15 minutes of your life just waiting in the pits. 

16 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Rain has just destroyed many races in my first full length season already. I'm a steady no assists driver but can't keep up with ai when it rains. If cars were this slippery in real life racing would be banned! Last night full race in Mexico I had a great fight all the way to lap 46 out of 56 I think hanging on in 3rd with Bottas pushing behind and Hammy just ahead. It was like 3am but I kept going as was so much fun then woosh out comes the rain and I ended up in a massive struggle to hang on to 10th. Worst thing is that the engineers and pit crew are clueless what to do. All the other cars get a heads up and change into appropriate tires but my engineer just says it's 50 50 whether I should stay on slicks or come in for inters. It's pouring down! They are the ones with the weather forecast they should be telling ME what to do at times like this. I'd have been better in wet tires TBH. Engineer says the guy ahead of you just changed into hypers so I go in and do the same only to see him fly off into the distance while I can't even get out of the pit lane!! Yes FLASHBACK again please.... 

I'm at the point now if it's heavy raining at start of race I just retire. Full races in the wet with no assists is like trying to balance a spinning plate on your head for 2 hours. 

In Career you can see it on your laptop, the weather forecast. If you see its gonna be raining, simulate the race. Better than retiring ;D

5 hours ago, vpilotnick said:

In Career you can see it on your laptop, the weather forecast. If you see its gonna be raining, simulate the race. Better than retiring ;D

I know that. If the whole session is showing rain I might simulate it. Except it's NOT better than retiring I my case as I drive the McLaren and it is the weakest car at the moment as I have invested all my points in reliability not actual improvements. So EVERY race I simulate I come plum last which looks worse to the team than retiring! If I suffer through a wet race I can at least get a point. 

Last race I simmed I qualified 3rd and game gave me LAST place. Completely useless.