Sign in to follow this  

Would you like to pay for an Early Access to a new DiRT game?

I made a poll about the Early Access discussion that we discussed in the DiRTy Gossip Thread, Many people already have given there opinion, but just for the records to make it clear, I would like to see in this Poll what people would like and if people think an Early Access is useful. Feel free to give a reply with your opinion :)

I'm not sure how anyone can say it is not useful, regardless of whether they'd pay for it or not as it can only help the development of the game.

On a personal note, I'd pay for it if the price is reasonable.

I think Early Access would be great.

If someone wants to contribute to development,is willing to understand that there will be bugs and missing features then they can have the chance to purchase the Early Access.

If someone doesn't want to play an Early Access game then they can just wait until after the Early Access runs its course and the full game is available. It would be incredibly selfish for someone to say "I don't want ANYONE to have Early Access to this game just because I want the full game and couldn't be bothered with contributing to help a work-in-progress version iron out bugs and become a better game for everyone".

Early access should not have to pay because we're generally testers. Once the game is ready for full production then those testers should receive a discounted price to buy the full game.

I myself am dying to find good games like Dirt 3 to play on LAN (LAN parties) with others with out the need of internet access. Cheers.

What would change before launch? What features added are to be expected? Is progress going to be carried over to the full release? If yes, can someone have an option to start over due to changes?

Second E.A. is just a paid demo. Core features full launch supported with updates or addons would be better. Modding support would be grand but the E.A. route suggest full dev content control?

The vote bar does not have my preferred option.

Paying for beta/early access for a official game like Dirt is a big moral  no!

Only small low funded indie games are morally allowed to charge for beta/early access in my opinion as they need the money to finish the games construction.
A big franchise like dirt should not charge for Early access! If they want testing done then let the players test it for free, making them pay for it is just wrong.... the testers are helping the company make a better game NOT funding their pockets!

My vote Is:
 No, big companies should not be asking for money for beta/early access!

SASBlink said:
The vote bar does not have my preferred option.

Paying for beta/early access for a official game like Dirt is a big moral  no!

Only small low funded indie games are morally allowed to charge for beta/early access in my opinion as they need the money to finish the games construction.
A big franchise like dirt should not charge for Early access! If they want testing done then let the players test it for free, making them pay for it is just wrong.... the testers are helping the company make a better game NOT funding their pockets!

My vote Is:
 No, big companies should not be asking for money for beta/early access!
I hate to burst your bubble but Codemasters is far from a 'big company' so I'm not sure where you got that idea from, just because they have been around for a long time doesn't make them big in size. They certainly punch above their weight to give that impression however.

Also if you haven't heard the news Codemasters is having financial issues so I believe this funding in their pockets would benefit them greatly because looking at their recent games and the posts from employees on the forums over the years there have been features that they wanted to add to their games that weren't most likely due to time or financial reasons.

Im not looking for a argument here but i stand by what i said 100%, our definition of big companies are rather different but ok fair point, I see where you are coming from, :)

When i say big i mean well established companies who produce mainstream games, code masters have been churning out mainstream games for years like you said and have the F1 contract as well as being one of the most successful independent companies around so they should not be charging customers for testing  that they should be doing themselves and should be arranging community beta tests like most other companies if they have concerns.

If they have financial issues then they should of realized and addressed it a long time ago instead of churning out half working games for the last few years....I love codemasters but they have gone downhill alot over the last few years, i have bought many of their games while knowing its far from perfect to fund them for future titles. Not our fault they screwed up their finances..... making poorly designed games does not help that matter either.

I feel bad for them but its not like the economic climate has robbed them, its bad mistakes made by the company.

I agree that paying to test does help companies but i will only pay to test small ones that have potential to make incredibility good games, not mainstream ones that are going out of business from their own mistakes and deficiencies.

You may see CM as a big company, but what about the DiRT team wanting to engage their customers/audience with EA?
Surely by allowing EA and the paying consumer providing feedback, the team can then work to provide even more of a complete game and richer experience to the console user. 

Ah, the irony of hindsight.                                            

JZStudios said:
& Just wait til you see how many new votes/comments this one now gets - lol

KevM said:
JZStudios said:
& Just wait til you see how many new votes/comments this one now gets - lol
Haha, I got bored last night and clicked on Thierry's profile and found this. :P It only slightly predates the EA release.