Sign in to follow this  

how you make a balanced setup for WRX cars???

like the title sayes.   i find i'm a very good driver, able to do clean and fast rund on rx tracks, but  i  alwas stay 15/20 sec. behind other players?  so i think a lot depends on how you setup your car......

someone want to tell me your secret??? ūüėÖ

• Agree 1

Well, I'm far from a top driver but I'm used to keep on adjusting the setup to go as fast as possible. I think there is no secret, but keep on trying until you find the right spot. You can shave a lot for example adjusting the gears (and, as we are talking about rallycross, it is easier to do it, since you know exactly what your top speed will be), the differentials are really helpfull too in order to make the car tend to under or oversteer. Then, the different options with suspensions setup, but this, again, depends much on how everyone feels the cars and thus it is better for the one's driving (for example in plain tarmac stages like the ones in Spain I tend to run with a really stiff setup, while friends of mine tend to feel my setups as bumpy and uncontrollable in some sections).

If Your 15-20 sec behind the other drivers, using the default setup, then You should improve Your lap times rather than tangle with the setup.

Changing setup will only help tweaking the last few seconds out of the car.

7 hours ago, Fjacobsen said:

If Your 15-20 sec behind the other drivers, using the default setup, then You should improve Your lap times rather than tangle with the setup.

Changing setup will only help tweaking the last few seconds out of the car.

15 seconds behind top times on leaderboard dailies

Edited by teknoid85

26 minutes ago, Rn7z said:

Setups at the end of the videos, if it can be of any help :

https://www.youtube.com/user/4p3r0/videos

thank you very much!  i see you use the maximum toe in/out  on front and back   and a max locked diff.    also very stiff springs and suspension

i usually have 1¬į toe in/out on front/back¬†¬†¬† diff at¬† 25/30%¬†¬†¬†¬† and default¬† springs/suspension.............¬†¬† hell i was wrong ūüėĄ

On 4/24/2019 at 10:31 PM, teknoid85 said:

thank you very much!  i see you use the maximum toe in/out  on front and back   and a max locked diff.    also very stiff springs and suspension

i usually have 1¬į toe in/out on front/back¬†¬†¬† diff at¬† 25/30%¬†¬†¬†¬† and default¬† springs/suspension.............¬†¬† hell i was wrong ūüėĄ

The toe-thing was an old bad habit since I noticed driving a understeery boat often improved my lap times. But it doesn't any more. And it shouldn't.

V2 basis for all cars (and most tracks, except gearing), probably way easiest to drive :

Edited by Rn7z