Sign in to follow this  

Best Setup?

Posted (edited)

I read a lot about areo, so I ran a test.  I'm at about 3,800 points, drive with all assists off, and the car is at about 1200 performance rating.  I picked Hockenheimring, a track I know well, and ran a series of 5 lap qualifying races in single mode.  I went full areo, full handling, full power, full lightweight, balanced set up, and one race with no parts at all (0 performance rating).  I compared the best lap for each set up.  There was virtually no difference, except for the last setup which was about 7 seconds slower.  Full areo was the best lap but it was only about .02 seconds faster than the balanced - within the margin of error. 

I certainly respect what people with a lot more experience and success than I have are saying, but I'm just not seeing a big difference with set up?

Edited by DAR67
  • Like 1

I cant recall seeing testing at the lower PI levels.

The Facebook F1 Mobile User Help Group has done a lot of systematic testing, multiple drivers & cars.  Maybe at higher PI ratings than yours.  But a good and helpful group to share your results.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, DAR67 said:

I read a lot about areo, so I ran a test.  I'm at about 3,800 points, drive with all assists off, and the car is at about 1200 performance rating.  I picked Hockenheimring, a track I know well, and ran a series of 5 lap qualifying races in single mode.  I went full areo, full handling, full power, full lightweight, balanced set up, and one race with no parts at all (0 performance rating).  I compared the best lap for each set up.  There was virtually no difference, except for the last setup which was about 7 seconds slower.  Full areo was the best lap but it was only about .02 seconds faster than the balanced - within the margin of error. 

I certainly respect what people with a lot more experience and success than I have are saying, but I'm just not seeing a big difference with set up?

try another track.

germany is one where different PI setups are pretty useless and its just flat out the whole lap except for 4 brakezones

lets say try full engine + lightweight compared to full aero + handling for singapore.

you will immediately notice the car handles much smoother and you can corner at much higher speeds with the 2nd setup

• Agree 2

I'll try that.  Singapore is a pretty good track, just don't say Monte Carlo - I'd be better off taking a donkey cart around that track.