Sign in to follow this  

Please let Jon Armstrong test out a couple of Spain stages in DiRT4!

16 hours ago, JZStudios said:

If Assetto Corsa has the best tarmac physics and FFB, then why is there any wheel vibration and bumps on tarmac? :classic_huh:

I thought the wheel doing anything at all was unrealistic?

Partly because there is more FFB expected on skinny tires, and they may wish to run different steering racks in the cars too for tarmac. (they can actually decide on the force and FFB IRL too)

16 hours ago, Rygar86 said:

Tarmac looks good to me...

People use chase cam while using wheels? ***

• Agree 1

D4 tarmac better than DR2.0? I don't think so. I remember that in D4 many cars behave like they had a half full water barrel attached onto their roof. Even with stiffer suspension settings. I cant remember more details but DR 2.0 tarmac feels definitely more realistic for me. (Only exception is the 911 GT Rally for me, I find it quite hard to controll for a late-model supercar.)

3 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

People use chase cam while using wheels? ***

Yeah there are a few that do, I drive this way as well but we deffinitely seem to be the minority.

7 minutes ago, Rygar86 said:

Yeah there are a few that do, I drive this way as well but we deffinitely seem to be the minority.

I suppose it's like driving in the arcades back in the 80s and 90s, Will need to give it a shot. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

I suppose it's like driving in the arcades back in the 80s and 90s, Will need to give it a shot. 

Yeah, I didnt think of that, but thats actually a good way to decribe it and I suppose it makes Dirt Rally like a very advanced and beautiful Sega Rally! And It's the most fun way I think, but also for me its the only way I can drive with out crashing every second turn. This guy in the video I posted is really good and really smooth, I love to watch him drive in Dirt Rally 2.0 But there is another guy on youtube named HenrikM who is really good too and his videos are strangely relaxing and satisfying to watch.

Edited by Rygar86

Posted (edited)

Haven't played Dirt4, so i can't compare tarmac physics between D4 and DR2.0, but (in my own opinion) the greatest difference in DR1 and DR2.0 physics are tarmac related. I love DR1, but really felt no connection when playing Monte Carlo or Germany. In 2.0 i'm having so much fun in Spain (especially with the 911 RGT) and now Monte is absolutely one of my favourite locations. I have never driven a car in an open road, close to its limits, so have no clue if physics are good or not, all i can say is they're enough to keep me smilling  😄 ...

Edited by Opassac

I find that a few tweaks in setup make the car a lot more bolted on Tarmac. The default setups are terrible but then they are in PC2 as well and everyone puts time into getting setups right on that with no issues.