Sign in to follow this  

realistic race times

i have done some research and it looks like around 81 difficulty is the realistic race times for the 2018 season, but it really changes with the track, looks like ai doesnt suffer from tyre wear or such things, is this correct? or whats the possible cause for the ai being too fast?

• Disagree 1

I don’t think the ai suffer from certain things the player does like tire temps with regards to their tire wear and it seems if the ai are faster at tracks that favor traction like Bahrain and are slower at tracks that have high speed corners like the final two corners at Austria.  Also my theory on why the ai times are way faster in quali when you speed up time or any time a portion is simulated is that the when it simulates the ai’s time it factors in slipstreams but doesn’t factor in dirty air affects because the ai always go out in large groups at the end of each quali session and if you finish your lap after the session runs out it simulates the rest of the ai’s laps and they gain up to a second from what they all have done on their first runs and throughout qualifying if you haven’t done any simulating up to that point...I.e never sped up time in the garage and didn’t finish your lap after the end of the session...it’s crazy I just did a career mode race at Spain and in both q1 and q2 the Mercedes were doing high 15.8-.9 and Ricciardo and myself were around 16.1-.2 by q2 then in q3 I mistimed my final run and started my last lap with about :45 left in the session when I crossed the line I was in third and the computer took control of the car and then when it shows you your result I was 7th! Hamilton did a 14.8 Bottas was like 15.1...Ricciardo, my teammate, did a 15.3...I mean Alonso in a midfield McLaren our qualified me by a .1 out of nowhere and he was about a second off in 10th after the first run...I think there’s a problem when you simulate and part of it

• Agree 1