Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweden DLC Not Available [PS4 - NA Region] - Clarification Requested

Previously we were informed by Christina that console releases for the DLC would be a rolling midnight release.

This is clearly not the case however as midnight in all US time zones has come and gone and yet there is still no sign of the Sweden DLC for the North American (NA) region.

This same problem existed for the Monte Carlo DLC. When questioned as to why PC players got the Monte Carlo DLC at 17:30 GMT the day before it was meant to be released (on a Monday instead of a Tuesday), Christina informed us that Codemasters prefer to release the DLC earlier rather than later due to the rolling midnight release possible for console. 

The reason why the Monte Carlo DLC did not show up until much later for NA region PS4 users - 22 hours after the PC release, to be precise - is because the US PSN store generally updates around 9am PST. And this is probably the reason why Sweden is not showing up right now.

So, why advertise the DLC as a rolling midnight release when this is clearly not possible for PS4? Why not just be forthcoming with people and say that NA-region users will only get it at 9am?

This has real-world consequences for people. When Monte was released a ton of people reported on Reddit and here that they stayed up late to play it, only for it to not materialize. And one person reported that they got up early to play it before work, only for it to not be there. Things such as this do nothing but cause frustration for people.

I also really have to wonder why no-one at CM seems to know that the NA PSN store only updates at 9am PST. Why do CM's customers keep having to inform them of stuff that they should already know?

Christina has stated that the issues have been resolved, check again and then report back here 👍👍

13 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Christina has stated that the issues have been resolved, check again and then report back here 👍👍

they have not been resolved for NA region PS4.

Sweden is still not available. I see the daily and weekly Sweden events are out but when i click on them it says "you do not have the correct entitlements" and when i click the option to go to the PS store Sweden is non-existent.

This is also the issue with the DLC location only being available for NA region PS4 users at 9am PST. They release the daily and weekly events something like 6 hours before anyone on PS4 in the NA region has a chance to do them.

The daily event for the DLC locations really needs to be held back until the location has been released for all regions. 

I agree, I think this one has been particularly problematic. Probably due to the bank holiday or some such. Hopefully it comes good for you soon

1 hour ago, Rallystu2 said:

I agree, I think this one has been particularly problematic. Probably due to the bank holiday or some such. Hopefully it comes good for you soon

in fairness the issue is not entirely on CM's side, it's because the North American (US + Canada) online stores only update around 9am Pacific Standard Time (PST).

but the issue that IS on CM's side is twofold:

(1) they really needed to communicate that to people. it was only through googling after the last Monte DLC that i found out that the reason it wasn't showing for NA region PS players was due to the store only updating at 9am PST. but why should a customer have to release that information to everyone? there was a huge flood of threads on Reddit in particular from people in the NA region not being able to access it. just be explicit. saying "rolling midnight release on consoles" when that's not true is not really accurate. rather say something like "the DLC will be released for PC players at 17:30GMT on Monday as updates can only be pushed out via Steam for everyone in all regions at the same time, due to a limitation set by Steam. As such we prefer to release the DLC for PC users earlier rather than later. On Xbox there will be a rolling midnight release. On Playstation the release will be on Tuesday around 9am in your respective region as that is generally when the PSN stores update. We would like to provide the DLC earlier for Playstation users but unfortunately our hands are tied due to that limitation of the PSN store set by Sony." 

I mean, not so difficult to say something like that and it stops people getting frustrated when they stay up until 1/2am or get up early to play the DLC only to find it non-existent. It also stops a flood of threads from people wondering where the DLC is.

(2) they have time-limited community events that start well before everyone has access to the content needed for the events. if NA-region PS users can't access the DLC until 9am PST Tuesday (4pm GMT), they would be among the last to get the DLC. so just hold back the start of the community events that require the DLC until 4pm GMT on Tuesday. it's still within the working hours of everyone at CM headquarters in England.

but all of that is moot right now as bloody Racenet is down again! at least for me.