Sign in to follow this  

Forum Mods - Applications Now Closed

Ah, moderator applications. 

I'm familiar with this. I have been through this at previous forums (as senior moderator) and this application form is no surprise to me. Internal changes, right? That's why we don't see anything from Codemasters staff at the forums anymore. Less people at the office but the same amount of work has to be done. Solution? Let others do your "community manager" work.

Maybe I would have contributed to this community. But the fact that you cannot deliver a proper product (an unfinished F1 2014, shipped at a ridiculous price) makes me only criticize you here.

DJ007 said:
If mod positions are to be limited numbers, I humbly suggest a shortlist of applicants is drawn up and that the rest of us forumsters are allowed to vote in a community poll as to who we'd like to moderate our forums.
And then the most popular member wins, even though they might not be suitable for the job. No thanks. 

DJ007 said:
If mod positions are to be limited numbers, I humbly suggest a shortlist of applicants is drawn up and that the rest of us forumsters are allowed to vote in a community poll as to who we'd like to moderate our forums.
And then the most popular member wins, even though they might not be suitable for the job. No thanks. 
Or the less popular wins ;) lol

DJ007 said:

Just because you'll have no chance of winning ;)

DJ007 said:
Yep I agree with that, this should be a popularity contest. I'm sure they know what they're doing :) I hope I get the chance to become one, I need something to feel the void of all the free time I have, now that I work part time. I get very bored and would love something that could be classed as work o:)

Hughesy said:
DJ007 said:
Yep I agree with that, this should be a popularity contest. I'm sure they know what they're doing :) I hope I get the chance to become one, I need something to feel the void of all the free time I have, now that I work part time. I get very bored and would love something that could be classed as work o:)
Yep it will probably end up like that a "Popularity contest" where some candidates says they have been here for a long time and some saying i visit the forum everyday. I'm not sure but i think a mod is responsible for the entire forum not just one sub forum?

Can I also nominated @sjsharp2010, he's on here everyday and none of us have ever fallen out with him :)

Aha, I remember the name MastaVonBlasta :) Though I think we used to post in different sections mostly. Remember Bumfez?

I remember that name as well

fIsince08 said:
Can I also nominated @sjsharp2010, he's on here everyday and none of us have ever fallen out with him :)

well thanks to DAI I've got some experience on passing down judgements. I just hope I'm not too harsh if it turns out to be the case :p

Hughesy said:
DJ007 said:
Yep it will probably end up like that a "Popularity contest" where some candidates says they have been here for a long time and some saying i visit the forum everyday. I'm not sure but i think a mod is responsible for the entire forum not just one sub forum?
I've been here since 2008, the forum is the first site I check whenever I get online, and I like to think I'm fairly popular with you guys.

But there is no way in hell I'd wanna be a mod :p 

I would like to apply for the role. Even though I'm not on the forums as much as the 'seasoned professionals' around here, I'd say that, along with Aussie Matt, I would be around to deal with issues when you guys in Europe are asleep. I'm usually active in threads in the F1 General Discussion, and in my opinion, that thread needs to be actively moderated, as that is where the issues usually are. 

Although I don't have a great deal of experience in managing online forums, I do have experience in managing real life discussions (Leadership positions that I've been elected to). I tend to deal with issues quickly but effectively, plus I'm a friendly point of contact who is always open for a talk.

@Hatta Do you know when an anouncement will be made on who gets the chance to be a modertator? I know tomorrow is the last day to apply. :)

Hey everyone, thanks for all your nominations and suggestions, this is going to be a tough decision! Me and Lee are now going to take a look over them and see what we can come up with. Expect an announcement next week. :)

Thanks again chaps.

Now that applications are closed, I just want to say thank you for the nominations. It brings a smile.to my face to see people remembering the "old" days. I didn't receive any site notifications when my name was mentioned which is weird...

I offered my to be a mod shortly after this new forum opened. Regardless of who is picked I'm confident Codemasters will put the proper people in place :)

Thanks to everyone who applied and nominated, as mentioned, it was a tough choice but today we're happy to reveal that both PeteTheDuck‌ and fIsince08‌ are now Codies moderators. Congrats guys!

Were there only two? thought there were going to be more. Congrats to those chosen. :)
Yep, just two for now. We'll certainly add more if needs be. :)

Quick tip for you @F1randokalbus22. When you apply to be a mod don't tell them you've broken the rules, especially if it's a bannable offence. You now have 1 account and a warning.