Sign in to follow this  

What was the recent local data update?

Posted (edited)

Because whatever it was has cost me the 500 trophies I spent all day yesterday accumulating, not to mention taking my SR from green back down to 0.6 in the red. If you're going to 'tinker' with the game, at least let us know what you're doing.

Edited by slayton

1 hour ago, slayton said:

Because whatever it was has cost me the 500 trophies I spent all day yesterday accumulating, not to mention taking my SR from green back down to 0.6 in the red. If you're going to 'tinker' with the game, at least let us know what you're doing.

Hello ūüôā the local data update was to finalise the GP Event rewards for this weekend. No changes were made to gameplay or anything else - if we updated everyone every time we made these adjustments, it would get pretty tiresome for all!

Not sure if you're saying that you lost Cup Points because they disappeared following the change, or if it was due to not winning Duels. If it's the latter, then as above - no gameplay changes were made, nor have they for over a month. If it's the former, that's obviously not right at all, and our Customer Support team can assist if you contact them through the game with the information. Thanks ūüôā¬†

Posted (edited)

I also have the perception SR is now more difficult to improve, which makes races more difficult to win.  

I sometimes wonder if connection quality impacts the accuracy of SR assessment?

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

I also have the perception SR is now more difficult to improve, which makes races more difficult to win.  

I sometimes wonder if connection quality impacts the accuracy of SR assessment?

I should think that as long as you aren't ramming opponents or pushing AI into barriers you should be able to improve your SR. But as I discovered through a days intensive racing, an important factor in increasing your SR is winning. And winning Qualifying races may result in you losing SR points. Logic plays no part in the process. I went from Red 0.6 to green 3.5 and back again doing exactly the same thing during a 6 hour period.

I'm also back in the green this evening without changing anything in my driving.  Then I won 4 Quali's in a row and it went back to yellow.

For SR to decrease after cleanly winning a Quali, or after winning a race if your opponent DNF's,  smells like a bug to me...