XBOX One performance "boost" experiment

Posted (edited)

Right guys, i have done some testing and found the following:

I found that audio/video appears alot smoother.

• disable cortana
  • disable DVR
  • reset mac address (this will prompt at restart, so best done last)
  • clear persistent storage under blu ray options
  • disable xbox assist and reporting\assists

I can confirm that everything runs alot smoother, i did six stages on sweden, in the events list, dailies, so racenet was clearly involved.

I am not sure weather this is placebo or if there are any differences but from what i have seen it does settle the frame rate/ screen tearing issue aswell. I did not experience this once. 

I am using Xbox One Day One edition by the way, can anyone else with an Xbox One (original), S or X consider the options to see if there really is any difference in performance. I'm convinced there is and do hope you guys see differences.

just been on again this time Rally X, screen tear is back but there is no frame drop i could detect, this was with a full grid. When there are no cars in front of you the game is fine.

Don't know what's going on with this game but beginning to think it is a fairly random issue. I mean along with another post regarding trees causing frame rate drops this game is showing more and more of it's bugs.

many thanks

Edited by watzcoc
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, watzcoc said:

I am not sure weather this is placebo or if there are any differences but from what i have seen it does settle the frame rate/ screen tearing issue aswell. I did not experience this once. 

Can you please test USA (Hancock Hill Sprint Reverse / Daytime, clear, dry) stage?

I usually try this stage to see if tearing happens, because there are some stages in game on which you can't see it.

I think you didn't experience problems because Sweden is ported from DR 1.

Edited by Dementiy

Thanks watzcoc, I'll give these a try after work! Some extra fps never hurts. :)

a trick question?

tbh never noticed the fuzzy graphics, look fine to me.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

blurry graphics on xbox one / S and I thought that with what you wrote maybe you could work it out. @watzcoc

Know that this doesn't solve the problem, but it will be better: sit far away from the TV, for example 3 meters and it won't be blurry.

Edited by Lollerke