Sign in to follow this  

Game play sucks

How come in a sprint race, I have a higher ranking, the other get a front start, 90% of the cases???

When I hit the oponent by accicent, my engine stalls. But when he kicks me of the road, nothing happens with his car???

When a lot of AH try to run my off, I get in trouble, but nothing happens with that AH???

And I can go on.......

Yeah, things can absolutely be better.

As for sprint races, I found by listening to the sound that my engine cuts out right before the "go". Up until that point we are mostly about level, but after that my opponent pulls away. Since then I stopped pushing the gas pedal "down" a bit before the start, at about somewhere between the "2" and the "1", and accelerating after that. That often gets me level with my opponent or a bit ahead. I would assume that nothing before the "go" actually does anything but in my case what I do does seem to influence things. Maybe it is the placebo effect, but for me this makes sprint races "fun" again.

• Agree 1

You're less likely to get rammed or punted off the first turn starting from behind.   Races are only lost at the start, never won :classic_biggrin:

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

You're less likely to get rammed or punted off the first turn starting from behind.   Races are only lost at the start, never won :classic_biggrin:

Agreed. Because of the way this game is designed and the nature of mobile gaming itself, you have to assume that any opponent you face will try to ram you off the track. So knowing that you're not going to get a fair race, your strategy needs to focus on finding a key time to shoot past your opponent in a slow corner. You have to stay as close to him as possible and be patient. Then make your move. If you try to pass on a straight you'll just get taken out. This game is closer to NASCAR style racing than F1, so you have to keep that in mind. This is not a version of the simulation that's in the console games.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, xdakota80x said:

Agreed. Because of the way this game is designed and the nature of mobile gaming itself, you have to assume that any opponent you face will try to ram you off the track. So knowing that you're not going to get a fair race, your strategy needs to focus on finding a key time to shoot past your opponent in a slow corner. You have to stay as close to him as possible and be patient. Then make your move. If you try to pass on a straight you'll just get taken out. This game is closer to NASCAR style racing than F1, so you have to keep that in mind. This is not a version of the simulation that's in the console games.

yup its why i always take shortcuts when i am ahead.

i will never know if the other guy will, so i have to preemptively do it

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

yup its why i always take shortcuts when i am ahead.

i will never know if the other guy will, so i have to preemptively do it

Yep. Very true. There are videos all over Reddit of the "shortcuts" being exploited. Racing "fair" is a nice thought, but if you're not taking the shortcuts too you'll never win. This is one of the few games I've played that rewards cheating. If you're not doing it too you'll get left in the dust.