We ask please hotfix the audio-cutting

Future update is in sight and the most common bugs audio cutting occurs too often and to all users!

Codemasters please release at least a hot-fix for the most annoying mistake in the history of what I know, thank you very much.  Pet

It's gotten better but it's still there. This really needs a permanent fix.

If you're on PC there is a workaround: Pause the game, alt-tab out of it and change the default audio device to something else, press apply, then change it back and press ok. When you tab back into the game the audio is fixed and you can continue your run.

3 hours ago, andmcq said:

This barely affects anyone.

You’re a terrible person for feeling the need to post that. Also, you barely affect anyone. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, chukonu said:

It's gotten better but it's still there. This really needs a permanent fix.

If you're on PC there is a workaround: Pause the game, alt-tab out of it and change the default audio device to something else, press apply, then change it back and press ok. When you tab back into the game the audio is fixed and you can continue your run.

to me it feels it happens more now than previous patch 😂  but maybe it's only the case

Hello - sorry to hear this issue is still persisting for you! Could you please let us know...

What platform you're on:

When does the audio-cut out occur (car/stage/weather):

If you're able to capture video next time it happens?

We've worked to minimise this issue, so it's disappointing to hear you're still being affected. If you can get back to me with the above, we can take a look at reproducing the issue and finding out what's causing it.

11 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hello - sorry to hear this issue is still persisting for you! Could you please let us know...

What platform you're on:

We've worked to minimise this issue, so it's disappointing to hear you're still being affected. If you can get back to me with the above, we can take a look at reproducing the issue and finding out what's causing it.

it seems random to me (steam)

i noticed that when it happens during the stage, after finish if i scroll in game menu with wheel,  it evertime make crackling noises.  if i start another stage sound reappear

58 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

What platform you're on:

Steam

It seems to happen at complete random for me mid race. I'll be driving along and then it just cuts out no audio except the sound kf rocks / debris being flung up against the chasis, nothing else.

1 hour ago, ChristinaMc said:

What platform you're on:

Audio bug can't be forced, it will happen completely randomly at all locations and cars.

All of my friends suffer from the same problem.

Otherwise thank you for the response.

DxDiag.txt

1 hour ago, ChristinaMc said:

What platform you're on:

On steam, happened again last night during the D+ RWD monthly during event 3 (Australia) at a random point.  But as others have mentioned, it is very random, any stage, any car and any weather condition can trigger it.  

I agree, sadly it has happened to me on various stages recently, in R2 class.  Both in My Team Career and Time Trials.  Appears totally random and sadly I don't have it on tape.  So not a good one for a repro 😕

I'm on Steam. From my experience it's not tied to a particular location, weather conditions or a car. Here's a video of it happening (it's not mine):

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Pistro said:

I'm on Steam. From my experience it's not tied to a particular location, weather conditions or a car. Here's a video of it happening (it's not mine):

Hi, that's a video of when it already happened.  They're looking or a video of the bug starting.

But at least you can hear the maximum voltage on the speakers when you start/stop the sound, identical to when you use the menus in the game when the sound cuts out:

soundBug.thumb.png.0a354b13b09580c50b83d1c22c756bcd.png

Edited by bn880
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

To: bn880 good data.

I just want to add that I don't hear any sound of gravel in the audio error.

15 minutes ago, PetSild said:

To: bn880 good data.

I just want to add that I don't hear any sound of gravel in the audio error.

It's very quiet, and possibly if you have road effects volume turned down you might not hear it.

6 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

just want to chime in and say that this does not happen at all on PS4. 

It does to me, but only in cockpit view and rarely. bonnet cam or any other no audio cuts..

Did it to me twice in 10mins today, both on events tab. AI daily and one of the sweden routes, with the Peugeot car. 

Cutout sound is several kinds of, reverse playback of replays in Sweden codriver repeats one line over and over.

If this happens the effort, there will be video without a sound.

Dont know if its relevant, but the only time it has happened to me latley (xboxone) is when the xbox is updating another game and i play DR2 at the same time. My internett is more than good anough so i dont se the logic in it. otherwise i havent had any audio cuttouts, but i have stoppded playing in cockpitmode and started playing with the bonet camera as i find im going faster that way. maybe relevant maybe not..  

Posted (edited)

It still happens to me randomly as well. Happened on Monte Carlo while at home and in an australian stage in the lan party. Some of my friends who have never experienced the bug prior to patch v1.3 have started to experience it as well.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

Steam (PC)

Effectively at random.

I use HDMI audio via my nVidia graphics card. I don't have any other sound devices to try this with. I use the "high" setting for audio dynamic range in-game.

It only happens on cockpit view. I'm also using HDMI audio via NVIDIA card.