Why this Subaru

11 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

018-30-Years-of-Hot-Subarus.jpg

❤️

Awesome looking Blobeye ✔️
Driven by Petter ✔️
Won a World Championship ✔️

Surely ticks every box for inclusion in the game!

• Agree 10

8 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

❤️

Awesome looking Blobeye ✔️
Driven by Petter ✔️
Won a World Championship ✔️

Surely ticks every box for inclusion in the game!

Yep, that's the go to model for this kind of thing. Reality is, Codies will hold this model off until Season 3 etc so that every purchaser has to spend extra. 

Poor form Christina 😞

2 hours ago, andmcq said:

Yep, that's the go to model for this kind of thing. Reality is, Codies will hold this model off until Season 3 etc so that every purchaser has to spend extra. 

Poor form Christina 😞

Why would this be wrong? i would gladly pay some extra for good DLC. I mean tracks and cars go for less than a pint of beer... thats very decent in my opinion.. on the other hand i paid 85 euros for deluxe edition, 34 days later its only 54.99, so if i had a little more patience all DLC would have been "free" for me including a possible season 3. And that is a bit of a ripoff imo. Thats also why it would be fair to deluxe owners to give them "free" access to anything thats coming after season 2 as well.

21 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

We picked it for a multitude of reasons! It's a great car, works within our current car classes, our pal Petter drove it, and we think it's a beautiful and underrepresented vehicle. Plenty more cars to come which will introduce even more choice - there'll be something for everyone!

If Subarus are down the line to come, let them all come 😄

Subaru Impreza WRC 97-00

Subaru Impreza WRC 2001 (kinda confirmed)

Subaru Impreza WRC 2003 (Petter Solberg was champion in this car and it looks sick! Can compete with the Skoda Fabia 2005 and who knows maybe the Xsara if you bring the 2003/2004 model, although I'd very much like to have the 2001 one [already has the wrc facelift] to be able to compete with the early 2000s cars and the Lancer VI)

So if it's easy to get them, let them come 😄 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Riggs said:

If Subarus are down the line to come, let them all come 😄

Subaru Impreza WRC 97-00

Subaru Impreza WRC 2001 (kinda confirmed)

Subaru Impreza WRC 2003 (Petter Solberg was champion in this car and it looks sick! Can compete with the Skoda Fabia 2005 and who knows maybe the Xsara if you bring the 2003/2004 model, although I'd very much like to have the 2001 one [already has the wrc facelift] to be able to compete with the early 2000s cars and the Lancer VI)

So if it's easy to get them, let them come 😄 

The late 90’s would be amazing, hasn’t been in a rally game for ages 😩

and the 03-06 was also awesome looking. 

In defence of the 2008 wrc that we know we are getting, at least it wasn’t in the previous game and is fresh. 

• Agree 1

Will the S14 have the right engine sound? It doesn't sound anything like the Impreza NR4.

^^^^^^^ Now thats a subie to drool over... 🤤

Imo the best looking Impreza.

honestly I like the looks of all post-90s imprezas... 🙂

4 hours ago, Benniz said:

Will the S14 have the right engine sound? It doesn't sound anything like the Impreza NR4.

I believe it will have a genuine sound: as you say, it's very different from the Group N car! 

21 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Gotta do mints.jpg

When I hear Phil, I think

018-30-Years-of-Hot-Subarus.jpg

Yes! That is the car I have in mind when I hear Phil's callings. I hope the car in your picture could be in the DLC's.

• Agree 1

Fingers crossed. The S9 shared a lot of underpinnings with the S7, so that might save CM a bit of time modelling the car!

• Agree 1

I think that they should introduce this Subaru WRC model. For me the coolest Subaru WRC ever

50342217_2187530414626740_4984359733700853760_n.jpg

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Geluco said:

I think that they should introduce this Subaru WRC model. For me the coolest Subaru WRC ever

Yeah, as I said in my earlier post this was the latter Impreza WRCar I thought was most likely to come as it seems a good match for the class.

I don't mind the hawkeye road cars, but the WRC versions looks so much meaner! (Plus the S12b sounds awesome as well)

• Agree 4

On 4/25/2019 at 9:34 PM, tonzboher said:

The Subaru’s in those pics are the cars that were used in the American championship, glorified group n/r4 cars, the 2008 S14 Wrc will be totally different, they're a proper car! 

Well, sorry to disagree with you, but the cars used in the American championship weren't exactly Gr. N nor R4 cars, they were allowed for full modifications, sequential gearbox, some aerodynamics tweaks (thus the rear spoiler, which you wouldn't see in a Gr. N/R4 car), and many other things. Despite this, yeah, in DiRT 2, 3 and Rally they were like Gr. N cars

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, AyrtJ97 said:

Well, sorry to disagree with you, but the cars used in the American championship weren't exactly Gr. N nor R4 cars, they were allowed for full modifications, sequential gearbox, some aerodynamics tweaks (thus the rear spoiler, which you wouldn't see in a Gr. N/R4 car), and many other things. Despite this, yeah, in DiRT 2, 3 and Rally they were like Gr. N cars

Hence why I said they were modified versions of Group N/ R4 cars, run in the open class but anyway the wrc version is nothing like them cars

7 hours ago, tonzboher said:

Hence why I said they were modified versions of Group N/ R4 cars, run in the open class but anyway the wrc version is nothing like them cars

Sorry then, it's just that here, when you say "glorified" it's something like "overrated", not modified, hence the confusion.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:03 PM, Geluco said:

Yep, I have to admit that car is hands-down one of the most attractive rally cars ever produced. And most definitely my fave impreza, despite its mediocre achievements 

• Agree 1

On 4/27/2019 at 2:03 PM, Geluco said:

It looks bloody damn beautiful from that angle! It's not that the S14 is ugly, it's just that this one is so gorgeously magnificent!

Quite sad now to be honest, thinking about what if... What if it actually was this one coming to DR 2.0.

I'm going to cry myself to sleep. Night night.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The WRC story is sadder, because we'll never see any more 2000cc sedans, it's all about them ugly hatchbacks now. While in DR2 we can still play with them 🙂 

I want to see Subaru return to the WRC, but at the same time I don't, because they'll have to use a hatchback and it'll just look like a Toyota. I wish they could just use the ARA one, because although fat, it looks great and it's running strong (Oliver Solberg just won the Olympus rally)

PS: Nice to see Denis Giraudet as his co-pilot.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Ok help me out here. The Subie we're getting is the same one that's in the R4 class on DiRT Rally right? WRX STi 2011?

3 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Ok help me out here. The Subie we're getting is the same one that's in the R4 class on DiRT Rally right? WRX STi 2011?

No it’s not, it will be similar to the Citroen C4 WRC and Skoda Fabia WRC in the up to 2000cc class in dirt 2.0 and similar to the 2001 wrc Impreza in Dirt Rally 1

Oh ok Petter's last Subaru, thanks for clearing it up! There's so many damn Subie's out there 😄

i love that Subaru hatch, used to hate it when it first came out (in real life) but it's grown on me over the years. 

i like that it's different, we already have two sedan-type Subaru in the game. although that one posted a bit further up on this page is probably my favorite too.

Also anybody know why Codemasters are unable to put the correct spot lamps on the group a Impreza? 

Would like to see the 1996 555 livery on the group a car too, without the repsol sponsor on it, when Colin had no 1 on the car

7247ECF2-0840-470B-9C71-BEF345B61BC6.jpeg

D4967B5A-5713-4A8A-B5DA-57A564C129E9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1