Why this Subaru

I think it's actually kinda cool and I'm looking forward to driving it. Also it fits with the other cars from the same class.

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)

The older era cars are cooler in my opinion, but i welcome this adition anyway.

And considering the shapes of allot of other cars nowdays..., it's still handsome.

Edited by Gerbie
  • Agree 1

It's nobody's favourite, but it's actually grown on me. It's a good addition in my book. We also know we are getting the 2001 Impreza at a later date so we are being well catered for.

• Agree 3

We picked it for a multitude of reasons! It's a great car, works within our current car classes, our pal Petter drove it, and we think it's a beautiful and underrepresented vehicle. Plenty more cars to come which will introduce even more choice - there'll be something for everyone!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

We picked it for a multitude of reasons! It's a great car, works within our current car classes, our pal Petter drove it, and we think it's a beautiful and underrepresented vehicle. Plenty more cars to come which will introduce even more choice - there'll be something for everyone! 

under-represented vehicle you make jokes or? the subaru impreza wrx sti has been in enough dirt games so far!
yes I know it's the subaru impreza wrc this time but the differences are only marginal

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/11/dirt-rally-road-book-27112015/

image.png

Dirt 2

image.thumb.png.543896fee7e4d7335a8ee450d256ab41.png

Dirt 3

image.thumb.png.48921ea5efc1d91e3a6a80f626d94000.png

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Haha 5
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

under-represented vehicle you make jokes or? the subaru impreza wrx sti has been in enough dirt games so far!
yes I know it's the subaru impreza wrc this time but the differences are only marginal

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/11/dirt-rally-road-book-27112015/

image.png

Dirt 2

image.thumb.png.543896fee7e4d7335a8ee450d256ab41.png

Dirt 3

image.thumb.png.48921ea5efc1d91e3a6a80f626d94000.png

I hope you realise that the cars in those pictures are not the same as the one that will be added in a few weeks. It's a common mistake so no harm no foul.

• Agree 2

It's a little awkward to include a WRX from Subaru's least popular WRX era. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, MaxBaumgartl said:

not a car what i expected for Subaru. 2005 and 2006 but not this. 

20190425175102_1.jpg

Because we all should love that Subaru (yep, I REALLY like the '08 WRC). I mean, everyone has its own taste, me for example, I would prefer the 2003 cars rather than a '05 or '06

• Agree 1

The Subaru’s in those pics are the cars that were used in the American championship, glorified group n/r4 cars, the 2008 S14 Wrc will be totally different, they're a proper car! 

29F66B1F-4651-48C3-A2CB-4D023F863A69.jpeg

9DDDF5BC-BCD2-4F8C-9259-039575E9F630.jpeg

D0A794CB-47C1-4926-9B46-BDC10A7D7940.jpeg

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, AyrtJ97 said:

Because we all should love that Subaru (yep, I REALLY like the '08 WRC). I mean, everyone has its own taste, me for example, I would prefer the 2003 cars rather than a '05 or '06

Did you mean 'I would prefer the '03 to '05 cars rather than the '06 or '07 cars?

I don't know why but I do fancy the look of the Impreza S9 to S11 ('03 to '05) over the "hawkeye" Impreza S12(b) ('06 to '07).

4 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

The S14 is not my favourite one from the Impreza WRC range but it's an Impreza WRC (!) so I will have fun with it and lots of it.

I do feel like they missed the chance of adding one of the most if not the most favourable Impreza WRC, referring to the S12(b). Every single reason given to us as to why they chose the S14 fits the S12(b) to a tee as well. But you know that's life. You can't always have what you desire most.

I am curious as to what comes next though! We know the Impreza S7 is coming back and will need one or more competitors. I keep reading that the Ford Focus '01 is coming back as well but I'm not sure if that has been confirmed yet. I would love to see the 206 again. It's been quite a while since we were able to drive a proper version of it in a rally game. I know it was in SLRE but that game really got on my nerves quickly with the poor visuals and horrendous sound. Just my opinion though. If you love that game, good for you.

Just a sidenote: Please @ChristinaMc, make sure that we can create liveries for the cars from the DLC's (cfr. pm). Apparently they are protected in one way or another and that's such a shame because there are so many fantastic liveries us modders want to put on those beauties, including the S14. 

1 hour ago, SimVansevenant said:

Did you mean 'I would prefer the '03 to '05 cars rather than the '06 or '07 cars?

I don't know why but I do fancy the look of the Impreza S9 to S11 ('03 to '05) over the "hawkeye" Impreza S12(b) ('06 to '07).

Just a sidenote: Please @ChristinaMc, make sure that we can create liveries for the cars from the DLC's (cfr. pm). Apparently they are protected in one way or another and that's such a shame because there are so many fantastic liveries us modders want to put on those beauties, including the S14. 

Well, I meant the S9 as it was the last one to win a World Championship, but yeah, I could agree with you on '03 to '05

And yes, please @ChristinaMc we need the option to create liveries for DLC cars pleeeeeaaaaseeee!!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, tonzboher said:

The Subaru’s in those pics are the cars that were used in the American championship, glorified group n/r4 cars, the 2008 S14 Wrc will be totally different, they're a proper car! 

29F66B1F-4651-48C3-A2CB-4D023F863A69.jpeg

9DDDF5BC-BCD2-4F8C-9259-039575E9F630.jpeg

D0A794CB-47C1-4926-9B46-BDC10A7D7940.jpeg

Cool, man. You own the car in those photos? There is a roll cage fixed in! Looks awesome!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, AyrtJ97 said:

I like the 2003 spec Impreza WRC better than others. The nozzle on its hood looks formidable and distinguishes it from other competitors. I hope we could be catered with a Solberg decalled car.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

It's my least favorite of them all... it looks real bad and it performed poorly in the WRC. The WRC '05 one would have been better... it didn't performed really well too, but at least it looks good! Personally I think it's the best looking subaru of all time. It would have fitted in this class and it's been drove by Solberg too!

Edited by jayp666
  • Agree 1

Well, if you don't like it just leave it in the garage. I think it will be great

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

Blobeye FTW

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, rallyemania said:

Cool, man. You own the car in those photos? There is a roll cage fixed in! Looks awesome!

Wish I did! Ya of course there is a roll cage, That is an S14 wrc that is in Ireland rallying 

17 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

I'd agree with underrepresented, but I'm not sure about the beautiful @ChristinaMc! :classic_biggrin: I hope that other Top Level International Rallying Impreza are on the shortlist for future DLC.

13 hours ago, tonzboher said:

Yeah, although it's probably my least favourite looking Impreza WRCar, it's great to have another late specification 2.0L WRCar in game. I am really looking forward to both the S14 and the Mk.2 Focus WRC. 

6 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Blobeye FTW

PREACH BROTHER, PREACH! 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I'd agree with underrepresented, but I'm not sure about the beautiful @ChristinaMc! :classic_biggrin: I hope that other Top Level International Rallying Impreza are on the shortlist for future DLC.

Yeah, although it's probably my least favourite looking Impreza WRCar, it's great to have another late specification 2.0L WRCar in game. I am really looking forward to both the S14 and the Mk.2 Focus WRC. 

Ideally I would have loved for the S9-S12 Impreza wrc in the game or the S4-P2000 2DR wrc but I’ll gladly take the S14 , I know the S7 is coming but that’s my least favourite looking car of the lot

10 hours ago, jayp666 said:

It's my least favorite of them all... it looks real bad and it performed poorly in the WRC. The WRC '05 one would have been better... it didn't performed really well too, but at least it looks good! Personally I think it's the best looking subaru of all time. It would have fitted in this class and it's been drove by Solberg too!

I actually thought the S12b would have been the logical choice as it would have fitted with the C4 and Focus in terms of year, plus the S12b has been a very successful car in the hands of privateers and there are a number of them available in both the UK and Ireland for reference. 

The S11 is definitely one of my favourite looked Impreza WRCars, so I certainly wouldn't be sad to see that get included though!

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

Ideally I would have loved for the S9-S12 Impreza wrc in the game or the S4-P2000 2DR wrc but I’ll gladly take the S14 , I know the S7 is coming but that’s my least favourite looking car of the lot

Ha! Yeah, I do think it's quite funny that CM have picked the two least favoured incarnations of the Impreza! That said, although the S7 wasn't great looking, it massively improved the look of the road car and won a World title, so it's definitely a significant rally car. 

Would love to see one of the earlier two door Impreza WRCars make a return. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Car is definitely ok and great. I understand the choose is Raw and unique and make sense. But Love this 2005 or 2006 car so much with the massiv Rearwing. 2000 to 2007 was my WRC time so many great lookings cars.I Look Forward. Was a Great season 1 and i hope season 2 is also great. 

@ChristinaMc  

when are you planning to release the Season 2 schedule?

Edited by MaxBaumgartl